Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail's Strongest Duo

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail Fairy Tail's Strongest Duo

Most of the time, its hinted or outright stated that Erza and Mirajane are supposedly Fairy Tail's Strongest Duo. They're certainly fearsome and powerful.
    However with Gary's newly found Devil Slayer Magic and those impressive chapters with him in combat and then teaming up with Natsu against Mard Geer, I believe He and Natsu are FairyTails strongest combo.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Holt; March 27, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail's Strongest Duo

My vote goes to Natsu and Gray. We jet have to see Natsu full power- dragon force
    Last edited by Skyguardian; December 30, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think it's Natsu and Erza. Put those 2 together and they are unstoppable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

And I think it is Natsu and Wendy in a few years when Wendy matures enough. I mean wind and fire says it all and when both enter DF no one would be able to stop them.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Actually, I think it's Natsu and Erza. Put those 2 together and they are unstoppable.
    Possible but its not like they're regarded as a team like erza and mirajane or natsu and gray.
    Gildarts and mystogan/laxus or one of the four from the poll would pretty much be invincible.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Possible but its not like they're regarded as a team like erza and mirajane or natsu and gray.
    Gildarts and mystogan/laxus or one of the four from the poll would pretty much be invincible.
    Wouldn't Gildarts power make it kinda impossible for him to be good in a tag team? I mean how good can he a team of Gildarts + anyone be if Gildarts could kill his own partner cause of lack of control over his power. Even when all of FT teamed up against Acnologia Gildarts was the only one who didn't take part in the attacks.

Erza and Natsu would IMO get trashed by Juvia and Gajeel. Erza is an all you can eat buffet for Gajeel and Natsu can't burn water even if he does Juvia can tank it. So Erza+Natsu isn't as unstoppable as some may think.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    Wouldn't Gildarts power make it kinda impossible for him to be good in a tag team? I mean how good can he a team of Gildarts + anyone be if Gildarts could kill his own partner cause of lack of control over his power. Even when all of FT teamed up against Acnologia Gildarts was the only one who didn't take part in the attacks.

Erza and Natsu would IMO get trashed by Juvia and Gajeel. Erza is an all you can eat buffet for Gajeel and Natsu can't burn water even if he does Juvia can tank it. So Erza+Natsu isn't as unstoppable as some may think.
    Was it ever stated Gildarts didn't have control over his power? I don't recall that.

And no, juvia can't hold a candle to Natsu. Like at all. He'll simply overwhelm her. Not to mention he has lightning which would toast juvia.

You know DS can only eat the elements though their mouth right? Erza has ability so summon hundreds of those. She can also cut through metal and she channels her magic through the swords. Her armor also gives her access to numerous elements like fire, lightning, water etc. If she was just someone that could use different Swords, she wouldn't be a renowned S. class mage.

I agree that erza and natsu aren't undefeatable though. But only by a team that has gildarts as one half.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/135-58079-...apter-205.html
    gildarts says he isn't good in holding back which indicates his powers are hard to control to only use it for a friendly battle.
    gildarts uses more power than he intended which would have killed natsu if gildarts would have used another technique.

From this pages I got the impression that Gildarts power is so great he can't completly handle it.

Does't Juvia has a logia body like One Piece characters. I mean most attacks go through her.

About Gajeel. I wonder if Erza can cut through Gajeel's once in a lifetime used iron scales.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

gildarts says he isn't good in holding back which indicates his powers are hard to control to only use it for a friendly battle.
    gildarts uses more power than he intended which would have killed natsu if gildarts would have used another technique.

From this pages I got the impression that Gildarts power is so great he can't completly handle it.

Does't Juvia has a logia body like One Piece characters. I mean most attacks go through her.

About Gajeel. I wonder if Erza can cut through Gajeel's once in a lifetime used iron scales.
    Yeah it seems that way. However, I think he meant it as more of a situation where he has to fight a much weaker opponent. It doesn't seem like he can't control it per se but when he fights an opponent, holding back is tough.

Something like how aizen said "its tough to hold back my power so I don't crush an ant"

So I think its not like he would unintentionally hurt his team mate but of the opponent isn't strong enough, he can't hold back to fight on a similar level with them.

Well juvia's power seems to work a little like a logia but water is weak against lightning which natsu has.

She might be able to cut him. Or if she can't she could use other methods like the elements from her armor.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah it seems that way. However, I think he meant it as more of a situation where he has to fight a much weaker opponent. It doesn't seem like he can't control it per se but when he fights an opponent, holding back is tough.

Something like how aizen said "its tough to hold back my power so I don't crush an ant"

So I think its not like he would unintentionally hurt his team mate but of the opponent isn't strong enough, he can't hold back to fight on a similar level with them.

Well juvia's power seems to work a little like a logia but water is weak against lightning which natsu has.

She might be able to cut him. Or if she can't she could use other methods like the elements from her armor.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/299/19
    doesn't this chapter not also confirm that Gildarts can't control his powers completely? I mean he falls and destroys a whole village with his powers. Gildarts like Zeref seems to have a hard time controling the high amount of magical power he has.
    2014 the worst manga year so far.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/299/19
    doesn't this chapter not also confirm that Gildarts can't control his powers completely? I mean he falls and destroys a whole village with his powers. Gildarts like Zeref seems to have a hard time controling the high amount of magical power he has.
    Yes it seems so to an extent. Like when he gets carried away. Actually IIRC when he was first introduced, the town had created a special setup for him since he basically just used to destroy the town whenever he came around. So you do have a point there. It does seem like its a bit difficult to control. Atleast, seeing as he is that strong, he could tell his partner to stand back while he takes care of everything or tell his partner to take the fight elsewhere to not get caught up.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

zeref + Hades

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say because we haven't seen much indication that any of the four are stronger than the others. Gray definitely has a power up with devil slaying magic, and Natsu now able to go into dragonforce mode is a force to be reckoned with. Erza is very powerful herself... and Mirajane, although powerful, I'm not sure how she places with the other three.

If we're looking at FT duos in general, Gildarts + any of the more powerful FT members will win out. But Gildarts aside, I wouldn't forget about Laxus either, but I wouldn't know who to pair Laxus up with since there are so many other powerful members in the guild.

I'm inclined to say Laxus + DF Natsu would kill.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    It's hard to say because we haven't seen much indication that any of the four are stronger than the others. Gray definitely has a power up with devil slaying magic, and Natsu now able to go into dragonforce mode is a force to be reckoned with. Erza is very powerful herself... and Mirajane, although powerful, I'm not sure how she places with the other three.

If we're looking at FT duos in general, Gildarts + any of the more powerful FT members will win out. But Gildarts aside, I wouldn't forget about Laxus either, but I wouldn't know who to pair Laxus up with since there are so many other powerful members in the guild.

I'm inclined to say Laxus + DF Natsu would kill.
    Laxus certainly is strong, but I'm not sure if he and natsu would fare better than Natsu and gray. Natsu does already have lightning so pairing with laxus might not give too much fruit. Gray however has ice which would offer a different source than natsu's fire/lightning. Also its a bit interesting to note that laxus fought tempest and defeated him after some exchange, gray on the other hand one hit KO'ed etherious tempest with no difficulties. Perhaps that could be attributed to his devil slayer magic but its very impressive nonetheless. There's their showing against Mard geer where gray and Natsu were perfectly in sync and teamwork. The type of sync that Laxus and Natsu as a team might not be able to replicate.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Erza and Mirajane seem to stand out because they're pretty effective as a duo. They're both pretty versatile. And it's rather simple for them to let loose without getting in each other's way with their comparable fighting styles, which is probably the most obvious benefit of the pairing. The biggest issue with determining the ability of pair is that Erza has considerable hype with the most ridiculous plot armour ever, while Mira is the exact opposite with a long list of accolades with plot seeming to make a point of hindering her at any and every available opportunity.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast