Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NATSU IS A GOD SLAYER

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member smurf777's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NATSU IS A GOD SLAYER

we now know that Zeref's curse is from a god and since Natsu is supposed to kill Zeref and destroy his curse the curse of god then that means that Natsu has a god slaying magic which explains how he ate and used Zancrow god slaying flames.
    further more Natsu is one of Zeref's demons which means that his magic is effective against demons and that means that Natsu is a Dragon God Devil Slayer .

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NATSU IS A GOD SLAYER

Its more just Zeref himself that Natsu has to overcome, but the curse may play a part in it. Even though the curse is from a god, I'd say that its more Natsu's Etherious Power that will allow him to break the curse and kill Zeref, rather than him having God Slayer Magic as well.
    "I'm trying to do as much music as I can before I fall off a mountain or something" -Diplo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually believe that Natsu is "nomathertheenemy slayer"

Back on topic... it is actually a very logical assumption, we still need to know how Natsu find himself under Igneel's care and his God Slaying magic might be dormant...

Now if he was made with the same idea as the devils from the book of Zeref does that mean that he is also a devil?, meaning possibily that the ultimate showdown could be between Natsu and Gray (if Natsu goes out of control?)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raikwolf View Post
    Now if he was made with the same idea as the devils from the book of Zeref does that mean that he is also a devil?, meaning possibily that the ultimate showdown could be between Natsu and Gray (if Natsu goes out of control?)
    Lol if that were to happen I'd just Gray shouldn't be anywhere near close to Natsu in terms of power by the time Natsu is powerful enough to fight Zeref and Acnologia, END powers aside. Sure, Gray's magic is effective against Demons, but Natsu would still be way too powerful for him really.
    "I'm trying to do as much music as I can before I fall off a mountain or something" -Diplo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirSamuel016 View Post
    Lol if that were to happen I'd just Gray shouldn't be anywhere near close to Natsu in terms of power by the time Natsu is powerful enough to fight Zeref and Acnologia, END powers aside. Sure, Gray's magic is effective against Demons, but Natsu would still be way too powerful for him really.
    But something could happened to Gray on the way, you never know... but lets be honest, you're probably right, it would be overkill and game over too quick

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, people definitely seem to think the curse was from that ancserham god but we have no reference of ancsehram being a real being. We've never even heard of the guy until the last chapters. Its entirely plausible that zeref's curse was simply a side effect of some experiment he carried out or something and not the work of a god. Now, god's definitely exist considering there is god slayer magic but that is not proper evidence of this hypothetical ancsehram being a real thing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This honestly doesn't make much sense. I don't know why he's being considered a Devil Slayer, since when has Devil Slayer Magic been necessary to defeat a demon. God Slayers are wielders of a very specific type of magic. Natsu doesn't utilise that type of magic. Therefore, Natsu isn't a God Slayer. It's unlikely to even be a requirement for someone to wield God Slayer Magic to defeat a god. It, like the other race-specific magics, is probably just helpful in that endeavour.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Natsu is absolutely a Dragon God Demon You Name It Slayer.

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure that Erza, Gray and Lucy would be able to take care of the War God, but I have a feeling that War God is just a title. They are beings of extreme magical power, summons that require something greater than a contract to bring forth, but it doesn't mean they are invincible. I'm sure that others would've been able to take care of it.

Although the God Slayers are most likely used to fight against something like that specifically, but see what Natsu managed to do against Zancrow. He beat him by absorbing his magic. He could very well do the same to the War God itself.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, people definitely seem to think the curse was from that ancserham god but we have no reference of ancsehram being a real being. We've never even heard of the guy until the last chapters. Its entirely plausible that zeref's curse was simply a side effect of some experiment he carried out or something and not the work of a god. Now, god's definitely exist considering there is god slayer magic but that is not proper evidence of this hypothetical ancsehram being a real thing.
    I had a similar thought as well. I feel the curse is a result of either something Zeref did or it's a sort of power he unconsciously imposed on himself. Either way, I have doubts that it was really imposed by a god. It's still a possibility though.

On-topic, it has never been the case that one has to be a slayer type to defeat the the correspoding species. We already have Tartaros demons (who were Zeref's elites) being defeated by other mages. Also the thing about Natsu eating Zancrow's flames is quite irrelevant seeing as Zancrow was comfortably eating Natsu's flames. Being a slayer doesn't even guarantee being able to slay the being. It is helpful and more efficient against the being but it is not a sure-fire and neither does one need to be a slayer to defeat the being. If Natsu somehow turns out to be an all star Slayer, it wouldn't be because of the listed reasons.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member exxp's Avatar
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

"means that Natsu is a Dragon God Devil Slayer" ...?
    Nah, correctly means that Natsu is a Troll-Based Slayer Magician. Not that it's a bad thing
    My lists: Manga&Manhwa | Anime | movies, documentary, ... | books&stuff | novels | Audios ...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The curse of Ankshelam was mentioned in Fairy Tail Zero Chapter 7. Though it may be true what you said, there's still a possibility that he got cursed by this god. On topic to the thread, you can defeat demons with other magic. Slayer based magic is more effective to a certain type of foe. Example Gray didn't need to struggle much against Tempesta, since his Devil Slayer Magic is the most effective against demons. One thing is for sure, Dragon Slayers are the most powerful among the other slayers. For one, dragons taught humans the magic to slay them. The other Slayer magics either were taught by someone else (not by a God or Demon, ex Zancrow taught by Hades/Purehito a human), or self taught (Chelia, possibly Orga too), or Gray's case "learned" it from his father. So you can say that the original slayer magic is Dragon Slayer Magic, and the rest are "rip-off" of it.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metsujin View Post
    The curse of Ankshelam was mentioned in Fairy Tail Zero Chapter 7. Though it may be true what you said, there's still a possibility that he got cursed by this god. On topic to the thread, you can defeat demons with other magic. Slayer based magic is more effective to a certain type of foe. Example Gray didn't need to struggle much against Tempesta, since his Devil Slayer Magic is the most effective against demons. One thing is for sure, Dragon Slayers are the most powerful among the other slayers. For one, dragons taught humans the magic to slay them. The other Slayer magics either were taught by someone else (not by a God or Demon, ex Zancrow taught by Hades/Purehito a human), or self taught (Chelia, possibly Orga too), or Gray's case "learned" it from his father. So you can say that the original slayer magic is Dragon Slayer Magic, and the rest are "rip-off" of it.
    True, other magics can potentially defeat a god. Although in those cases you need to match the creature in terms of pure raw power. A effective slayer magic allows for your magic to be effective even when there is a considerable difference in power.

I don't see the relevance of who taught the magic when it comes to how good it is. The manga has yet to actually make that point in a convincing manner. Not to mention that the other types of slayer magics we have seen seem to be every bit as effective as they are supposed to be. If there is a difference it wouldn't be at the base level. The difference as far as I can tell would be dragonification and dragon force. Well, grey was seen turning into a demon but demons turning into one might not be as effective as turning into a dragon if a demon by itself is not as powerful as a dragon. Then there is the issue of dragon force which seems to be the actual power of a dragon.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

True, other magics can potentially defeat a god. Although in those cases you need to match the creature in terms of pure raw power. A effective slayer magic allows for your magic to be effective even when there is a considerable difference in power.

I don't see the relevance of who taught the magic when it comes to how good it is. The manga has yet to actually make that point in a convincing manner. Not to mention that the other types of slayer magics we have seen seem to be every bit as effective as they are supposed to be. If there is a difference it wouldn't be at the base level. The difference as far as I can tell would be dragonification and dragon force. Well, grey was seen turning into a demon but demons turning into one might not be as effective as turning into a dragon if a demon by itself is not as powerful as a dragon. Then there is the issue of dragon force which seems to be the actual power of a dragon.
    I believe that since the dragons were "sleeping" inside their dragon slayers. To prolong their lives (as Grandeene stated), they must have borrowed some of the dragon slayers magic. Because if you think about it, you need to be pretty strong (in terms of magic power), to defeat a dragon, we saw that dragon slayers couldn't slay any dragon (In GMG), but their magic was the most affective against them. Now Wendy can go Dragon Force without eating air which contains a strong magic power. Probably Natsu and Gajeel too can turn at will their DF now. That's because the dragons are not inside of them anymore. As for Sting and Rogue, and how they were able to do it, despite having their dragons inside. Is thanks to that Dragon Lacrima, that they have, they borrow the extra power from there. If you go on fairy tail wikia, it explains more about magic. How magicians "restore" their magic from the ethernano in the air, and such.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metsujin View Post
    I believe that since the dragons were "sleeping" inside their dragon slayers. To prolong their lives (as Grandeene stated), they must have borrowed some of the dragon slayers magic. Because if you think about it, you need to be pretty strong (in terms of magic power), to defeat a dragon, we saw that dragon slayers couldn't slay any dragon (In GMG), but their magic was the most affective against them. Now Wendy can go Dragon Force without eating air which contains a strong magic power. Probably Natsu and Gajeel too can turn at will their DF now. That's because the dragons are not inside of them anymore. As for Sting and Rogue, and how they were able to do it, despite having their dragons inside. Is thanks to that Dragon Lacrima, that they have, they borrow the extra power from there. If you go on fairy tail wikia, it explains more about magic. How magicians "restore" their magic from the ethernano in the air, and such.
    That does not seem to provide any context on why learning a magic from dragons directly would be better than learning it from other sources. The dragons being inside the DS comes after the fact so I doubt it relates to anything but the dragons stopping dragonification. Dragon force seems to be more accessible now however its probable that dragon force itself was related to slayers turning into dragons.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

That does not seem to provide any context on why learning a magic from dragons directly would be better than learning it from other sources. The dragons being inside the DS comes after the fact so I doubt it relates to anything but the dragons stopping dragonification. Dragon force seems to be more accessible now however its probable that dragon force itself was related to slayers turning into dragons.
    That was just a theory I had haha Might be so, because in the Oracion Seis Arc, Zero says that DF is the final form of a dragon slayers, and it's power it's equivalent to that of dragon, and the power to destroy the world. Or something along those lines. Okay, but what about Laxus and Cobra?? Let's say Natsu and the rest had the excuse of the dragons being inside them, and DF couldn't reach the full potential. But what about those two?? Let's take Acnologia for a example, some dragon taught him this, and he used too much dragon slayer magic, and ultimately transformed into one. Now the magic is pretty much "lost", since the only way obtaining it, is via a dragon's Lacrima. And here's my point. The other slayers, learned it from different people, or self taught. But dragon slayers learn it from the original source, from the ones that "created" it (and how it's shown in chapter 301, when Zirconis explains how the "birth" of the dragon slayer magic starts, and says "Dragons gave humans to magic to slay dragons") except Laxus and Cobra which have dragon Lacrima inside of them. Where I'm getting with this is, GS magic and Devil slayer magic are learned from books (Gray's too possibly), the users don't have a Lacrima of a God or Demon inside them.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast