Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Number of arcs left ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Number of arcs left ?

Hello ^^

I was curious, does someone know how many arcs are left for the manga ?

If I'm not mistaking, I heard two bigs arcs are left after the Tartarus one ?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Number of arcs left ?

Well there ain't much left story wise other than the whole natsu,zeref, and acnologia thing. I think this arc will determine if natsu is finally ready for the impeding battle between him zeref, and acnologia. I think there might be about 2 or 3 arcs left hiro has been hinting the whole natsu/zeref thing doubt we'll have to wait long for that.
    Last edited by MangerDan; June 25, 2015 at 09:33 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how many arcs we have left. This current arc we have may well be a set-up to showing how Natsu has grown and that he is ready to fight Zeref and Acnologia, but then again, I don't want to see him or any of the Fairy Tail members having an easy time against the Arbaless forces. It wouldn't surprise me if the arc after this is the last arc of Fairy Tail.
    Last edited by SirSamuel016; July 01, 2015 at 10:11 PM.
    "I'm trying to do as much music as I can before I fall off a mountain or something" -Diplo

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So far we've seen natsu throw a few basic punches the closest he got to being serious was against the war God. I actually don't mind natsu being close in power to the strongest of the sprigan 12, now being close to power doesn't mean he'll have an easy time defeating them, but at the same time the power levels won't get ridiculous if even someone like natsu can't beat a sprigan 12. Natsu's whole goal before the times skip was to get strong enough to protect everyone from acnologia someone with the power to take over the world if he wanted to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably 2,3 more arc + this one. Natsu is close to power that can kill Acnologia and Zeref.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Galactic Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we may hope on long story with Ankhseram after it...

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Prob. 4 1.This one (2-3)Acno then Zeref and 4. Ending Feeeeeeeeeeeeelssssssssssssssss arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

so many that the manga will end with chapter 777

When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as Mashima wants, after all in Rave, the main plot was revealed only later on (Endless and stuff)

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, what are the major plot points that remain unsolved so far? Lumen historire was a big one although it is a tad surprising that it got dealt with this way. Anyways, things have escalated quite a bit so at least they should focus mostly on zeref after this arc. No more dark guilds and the gang is about to fight an equivalent to the 10 wizard saints. From a human perspective this is about it, there shouldn't be greater enemies in the human world. Which leaves end and whoever zeref makes to fight the final battle. Considering rave to me it looks like end will be an even greater enemy than zeref so perhaps we will have an arc for acknologia, another for zeref which leads to whatever is happening with end.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XD i believe so actually
    even though natsu will probably defeat zeref in a couple of arcs, i think that mashima wants to continue fairy tail and will drag it out at least till then. If not, he'll add an anime and manga about the next generation of fairy tail and/or the generation of Mavis. Kind of like lotr where peter jackson wants to make stuff even after the three hobbit movies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that each of the Spriggan Twelve have such capable mages under them like Marin Hollow alone makes it feel like we're going to get a few sub arcs in the Albareth Empire alone.

at least 4 or 5 arcs left

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I see it is that we may get two parts/sub arcs to this current arc: The infiltration of Arbaless, and The Arbaless Empire's Invasion of Ishgal/War with Ishgal. So if you count them separately, you have two arcs, which will probably cover most of the backstory and then given on how Hiro goes about it, another 2-3 arcs, one to deal with the whole E.N.D = Natsu Dragneel thing, and then Zeref and Acnologia who could get dealt with together in an arc, separately or possibly bundled in with the E.N.D arc.
    "I'm trying to do as much music as I can before I fall off a mountain or something" -Diplo

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

According to hiro mashima himself on volume 49 we still have a long way to go. Now however long that is who knows but were certainly heading towards the climax now that the manga is starting to explorer major plot points of the story.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MangerDan View Post
    According to hiro mashima himself on volume 49 we still have a long way to go. Now however long that is who knows but were certainly heading towards the climax now that the manga is starting to explorer major plot points of the story.
    With this new empire he can make something good, without dragging. Now he still got this:
    -current arc with Alvarez and everything that's going on;
    -E.N.D stuff, more backstory of how Mavis died, since we know from FT Zero some stuff, but Zeref mentions in chapter 436 that he'll save his relationship with Mavis for later, we can find out what Lumen Histoire can do, if God Serena is indeed Yuriy Dreyar;
    -he could make (hopefully he will), a longer flashback of what happen in the Dragon Civil War, how Acnologia became the Dragon King, Zeref could've been involved in a way or another, around that time Igneel tried to stop E.N.D but couldn't;
    -the stuff with Zeref & Natsu learning he's his brother, how he meet Igneel...
    -Lucy's mom might appear, since many fans theorize that her death has something to do to how the dragons disappear, we can learn that;
    -battle between Natsu & Acnologia, battle between E.N.D & Zeref, fight between E.N.D & Gray, Gray finding out that he has to 'slay' his best friend.

There are still things that need to get answered & that can happen without Mashima rushing the story,

New Reply