Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Wow, I have a lot more in common with more people than I thought after reading this thread!
- I'm a 31 year old wife and mother who reads Shounen manga voraciously (I get a lot of crap for it actually). Thank God my husband likes that about me.
- I'm afraid of clowns (my husband found out how hard I can punch when he thought it would be funny to make me talk to one).
- I'm afraid of old-fashioned dolls and ventriloquist dummies (they freak me the hell out).
- I like Miracle Whip, but hate Mayonnaise.
- I eat asparagus straight out of the can. Mmmmm...asparagus.
- I love the Winter when it's really cold, rainy, or foggy (I detest heat).
- I like Yaoi/Shounen-ai, but hate when people put two straight characters together (like Naruto and Sasuke).
- I have to have 'white noise' to sleep (fan, air conditioner, rain machine). Silence is deafening to me.
- I'm a slob at home, but very anal about cleaning at work (wtf?)
Also, my 14 and 15 year old nephews think it's very strange that I know more about manga and anime than all their friends put together. Also, that I like the same music as they do (Heavy Metal, Rock, Punk). I don't know what they think I should like, crocheting doilies and listening to Enya? Wait... I do like Enya...damn.
Last edited by Maphisto40; December 07, 2008 at 02:24 AM.
I have strange phobias of surgeons, hospital people, dentists and haircutters.
I just dont like the fact theres a guy standing over me with a pair of scissors or a drill >x<.
Oh yeah and Im always tired
Anyway, other stuff that people find weird about me are that
1. ...I don't drink. I hate alcohol. I hate the smell. I can only drink rum
2. ...I sometimes eat chocolate for lunch. Nothing more, just chocolate
3. ...I often talk with my friends in English. I find it really fun
4. ...at school I often sing with my best friend our favourite songs. So what? It makes me happy, they can sue me all they want.
...that I can talk about manga and anime for ages... and ages... and ages
I have a few friends who read manga and watch anime and we can have massive discussions about what went on in the last chapter, what's gonna happen next, why so-and-so is gonna die soon...y'kno what it's like.
Then there's all my other friends who just really don't get it, lol.
People also think I'm weird for liking science so much, and my being proud of my nerdiness. ^^
I'm way way too quiet even around some of my friends, but my response is usually "I don't talk much, because there is nothing to be said" and if you think about, the less you talk the more you can listen right? (and it works, seriously try it)
Hmm, sometimes I think too much that I don't speak at times when I have to, erm, something like that.
well I have a bi-polar aunt so I think I have a chance of having that too
seriously, one moment I'm happy and the next I'm all sad
The thing people find weird about me is that I'm single...
uuh.. yeah. What I was going to write was the fact that I enjoy modding and reading manga/anime. Also the fact that I'm very, very often spacing out. Looking at the same thing, for minutes, spacing out. It usually ends up with someone punching me back to reality XD
I love to take Rain Showers.
I like to experiment with my own body (for example, I'm leaving my beard grow for six months just to satisfy my need to know how much it'll grow).
I only listen to what people have to say when I think it's important, which makes them sometimes mad, but think of me as weird because I don't like what they are talking about as much as they do.
Oh and also the fact that I really don't care about people, lol. Some people HATE that. I mean, you don't cook for me, you don't clean my clothes, you don't give me money, and you are not such a good friend as you think you are, why should I care?
Also, people sometimes find weird that most of the time... I do whatever I want. Like for example, last monday I skipped classes because I didn't feel like going to class that day, lol. And is not like I'm spoiled or something, when I don't ''feel'' to do something, is pretty much because I have no obligation to do so, that time I missed classes I had no exams, no projects, no expositions... I assumed the teacher would just dictate a questionnaire and that I could later copy it, and that's exactly what happened. Knowing your teacher method can save you some trips to school tbh.
Apart from that I think people think of me as a pretty nice guy. Lol.
Last edited by Rainier; November 09, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
The thing people find weird about me is.....that I don't talk alot. WHAT?! I know, it's true though. I am the observant type so to say. Also like Blai says, I also look at the same thing over and over. In my case, it's MH; I could be here for hours on end and not really do anything constructive.
Oh and....when I was younger, I used to spend ages writing in the air with my fingers, instead of talking; writing what I should be saying.
- I am more scared of snakes rather than spiders, public speaking and heights combined. It's quite weird, considering that people generally are more shitscared of spiders or public speaking than snakes. xD
Most of my friends can't recall me ever being publicly angry/sad/(very)happy... introvert win.
The thing people find most weird about me is how I tend to keep to myself >.>
For some obscure reason, people assume I'm very open, social and extroverted and when I tell them I'm more of an introverted hermit, they somehow find that odd