Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Hey, I don't know if there was a topic about it already. But here I wanna discuss about the Schichibukai.. I also used the Search function, but didnt found anything..
If there is an topic about it.. sorry.
Well to start with the only one we don't know about = Jimbei..
Well they said in a chapter (I give the link later) That Jimbei is as strong as Arlong..
What do you guys think? What power has Jimbei.. how strong is he..
1. BB: He is the ultimate villain of this story, the antagonist. I think he is the strongest Shichi right now. There is no need to explain his powers.
2. Mwk: The strongest swordsman and ultimate goal of Zoro, I expect him a bit weaker than BB. Since I believe Luffy (->BB) is and will be always slightly stronger than Zoro (->Mwk), since he is the captain and the protagonist. His rank 2, slightly weaker than BB.
3. Jimbei: I believe he is on a whole different lvl than Arlong. I wouldn't be surprised if he would carry the title "strongest fishman"xD. Basically Im expecting him to be on Yonko/Admiral fighting lvl. Why? I don't have any facts, just that he is still hidden and probably the last notable fishman pirate. I put him as the 3rd strongest.
4. Flamingo: I believe he is the most powerful one among the Shichi. By powerful Im talking about influences, money and such as, not about fighting power. Since he seems to be a businessman. I just can't estimate his power, but seeing how is character is build up, I believe he is also one of the strongest. I put him as the 4th strongest alongside Kuma.
5. Kuma: I don't rly believe he will fight ever the SHs again. His ability among the paramecia is imo the best shown so far. I put him as the 4th strongest alongside Flamingo.
6. Hancock: I can't stand her, though she is one of Oda's best drawn character. Her attitude is shit like and I expect her to fall in this current arc. Luffy probably need Gear+haki to beat her, if they should fight though. Her rank:5
7. Gecko: He is too lazy to do anything. His ability is not rly suited for fighting imo. I don't have anything to praise him (lol) and yes I hate him. His rank: 6
8. Croco: First major foe in one piece. Luffy needed 3 rounds and the help of Robin. He has a logia ability, but the fact that he was beaten down without Gear+haki puts him down in the list. Imo the weakest (ex-)Shichi.
Last edited by BlackHair; October 21, 2008 at 05:54 AM.
I already see another translation for that phrase, as "grow up with Jimbei" if I am not wrong.
This is how I rank the characters based on what we have seen:
I think crocodile is being understimated because luffy beated him such a long time ago, but I think he could take moria in a one on one fight and maybe even kuma, depending on his (kuma) ability to hurt logias. I am going to rank the remaining shichibukai later on when their skills are revealed.
I did a tier list in the kuma thread, but I'll give my ranking with a little description:
1) Blackbeard - Clash of D's, Final Boss, Anti-hax-DF DF, based off one of Oda's favourite pirates
2) Mihawk - Zoro's final boss, fought Shanks, devastated Zoro/Kreig crew with ease, black sword
3) Kuma - Ridiculously strong DF, ridiculous robo-body, tyrant, has plans
4) Doflamingo - Hyped for ages, high ex-bounty, hopes to bring an end to dream-era, really really bad guy
5) Jimbei - Merman yes, final villain no, merman island boss yes
6) Moria - Defeated by Nightmare Luffy, still living on, deceitful and tricky, supreme mastery of DF ability
7) Crocodile - Claims mastery of ability, but never uses his water draining attack more than twice, so an idiot.
8) Hancock - Severely unimpressive thus far. Can defeat 75% of people only if they're lustful, but what about that other 25%?
I expect my ranks should stick well until the end of One Piece, Hancock and Jimbei may move a little given their lack of screen time thus far. I desperately hope Moria moves up, he's still alive and kicking so who knows?
Wait, I don't think BB is the pen ultimate villain of OP quite yet. I think someone will be shown that's either stronger, on par, or just plain nastier than BB.Quote:
Anyway, I think he is already at his own peak, I don't expect him to grow any stronger in battle power.. that's why I think he is already the ultimate villain. Though u r right, WB needs to fall, otherwise he won't be the most powerful pirate (in term of influence, fame etc).
I believe ppl are underestimating Hancock and overestimating Croco, there must be a reason why she was only recently shown, while Croco was firstly beaten. Note: Gears and haki!
My mere opinion
Last edited by BlackHair; October 21, 2008 at 02:09 AM.
We haven't seen the full capabilities of her power yet.Quote:
Turning a whole ship of marines into stone and forcing a Vice Admiral to stab himself..an impressive feat, no?
Hancock could defeat Blackbeard... ... or maybe not maybe he also isnt a perv xD (his DF only works when he touches the person.. I mean Ace could damage him too.
I dont think hancocks power would work on the stronger dudes of the manga. most of the strong guys around are either to dumb to notice a pretty girl or simply have to much focus on what they want so. For instance I doubt zoro, mihawk, garp, senjoku or other experienced characters would fall for hancocks trick.
I know it's a little bit of topic but what if there is a shichibukai who does lose against a D. but not against Luffy? I'm speaking of Don Flamingo and Blackbeard. Would be a nice a way to show his power later in the story when we know more about Flamingo's power and Blackbeard takes his move against the WG (what he must do sooner or later in the story, well it's rather later but who knows XD).
Another reason for them to fight would be that Blackbeard is a dreamer while Flamingo wants to stop such people.
But, she can use haki (I guess that's certain) and she must be physically strong. I can't imagine her to be physically weak as a Shichi who was only recently shown and lastly namely mentioned. It also seems like she can use her DF ability to hurt other physically, like she did on Luffy.
Also you have to note: as the vice admiral countered her ability with pain, she wasn't even surprised. I guess she has already met guys like him. So she must have proven herself strong without depending on that ability.
I still think Hancock is not personally strong, but has a rarely totally countered power and then relies on the power of her crew. To this end I'd imagine her sister's are quite powerful, but I'm kind of supporting that with the Gorgon sister's myth and believing Hancock is Medusa. Like I said, Hancock may move (and maybe very soon), but right now she's dead last.
A Vice Admiral is strong.Quote:
I doubt Crocodile could completely annihilate a ship of marines along with the VA like Boa did, and it is very likely that that was only her weakest or most basic attack.
Not sure if Moria could defeat a VA, although it does seem likely. With Oz, he probably could, although if it was only by himself then I doubt it.
I think you over-estimate Vice Admirals on the other hand. I've seen at least 10 Vice-admirals in One Piece with power ranging from flashback Aokoji to the guy whose ship got creamed in the middle of the LuffyvLucchi fight. If Vice-Admirals were of the power you have just rated them, do you think he would have been able to stop the destruction to his ship?
I can also easily reference Saul, an ex-Vice Admiral. If Crocodile couldn't beat him with his one good hand tied behind his back then Crocodile's Oda-revised bounty meant absolutely nothing. And Moria can beat...actually I'm getting tired of defending Moria, but he can still beat a VC and I shouldn't need to even argue that. You almost made it sound like Oz got beaten by Luffy alone, or that a VC is way stronger than Luffy.
On the note of underestimating, I think you're doing that with the Shichibukai. Is it because there are 7 of them whilst only 3 admirals and 4 yonkou? A balance of power doesn't mean that each of them are equal in strength, but influence of power.