Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Translations: One Piece 786 by cnet128 , Bleach 626 by cnet128 , Gintama 542 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Favorite Fanart and Cosplays

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Favorite Fanart and Cosplays

I really like こけこ (Kokeko), and then there's also しゅみこ (Shumiko) and しゅみ仔(Shumiko) - they have a ridiculously similar art style and I'm 99.99% sure that they're the same person.

Then there's also Merychess on DevArt who does ridiculously good colorings of pages and panels. I find her colorizations particularly unique:
    Spoiler show

Then there's also SlurEXE who makes really cool short comics about DGM:
    Spoiler show

The first three are on pixiv and so you have to make an account to view. Though if you've been to the DGM tumblr tags (especially any related to Mana & Neah) you've probably seen them around. I don't think any of them post really NSFW stuff but some may toe the line.

Post your favorites!!
    Last edited by MSofAofCOCA; April 27, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Fanart and Cosplays

I really like pananada's art. @AndSnowman's art looks great too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Little Reala's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I quite like Shiduki's stuff, partially because I'm shipper trash and it's also really hard to find people who draws lady Alma a lot

Last edited by Little Reala; April 28, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Silverwolf442's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well these 2 are from the same artist. AR-UA of deviantart
    Spoiler show

Both of which were requests she did for me.

whataFAIL678 of Deviantart
    Spoiler show

This one was good, but Tim's wing is messed up, imo. Bit everything aside from the wing thing is great
    Spoiler show

akreit855 of DA

Far as cosplay, I liked the one I saw on youtube. A screenshot

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a lotta Cross xD Do you commission/request people for him?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Reala View Post
    That's a lotta Cross xD Do you commission/request people for him?
    Those 1st 2 pix yeah. I do AMV for my favorite characters, and nice to have a good pic, rather than using a plain panel.

All the others are just random fanart of Cross. If you search DA, you find lots of things. There's lots of pix of Ginjou Kuugo + Nnoitra of Bleach as well. There's a few with KinGin + Kakashi of Naruto. Not much, with the former, but they're also favorites.

So I have tons of Cross pix, and all the others I mentioned. I have done tons of fanarts myself for Cross as well. I have no problems with the manga. it's a very detailed story and seems mature for Shounen. But ultimately, Cross is the main character I am actually interested in. He was the reason I started reading the manga-the anime really screwed up the character. So, any kind of favorite I have for DGM, it's gonna have something to do with Cross. lol Nothing new for me, I am all about characters. If there's one character that really catches my attention, then I get more interested, but even then it's only with that character or specific characters' story rather than the overall story in general. .In Bleach, I haven't been excited about anything or even really read a chapter since 2012. Because no characters I like have appeared since then.
    Last edited by Silverwolf442; April 29, 2015 at 07:14 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty interesting, how did the anime screw up Cross? Out of curiosity, i think the anime doesn't do DGM nor its art style justice and would ultimately like to see it redone. It's one of the things i hope for, redo of the anime with no crappy filler, nice art, vibrant colours and continuation of the story. (Asking for a decent dub is too farfetched xD)

Not even if the story is gripping? As much as i love Kanda and Lady Alma, I don't think their lack of presence in the narrative would make me disinterested in the rest of the story ^-^

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Reala View Post
    That's pretty interesting, how did the anime screw up Cross? Out of curiosity, i think the anime doesn't do DGM nor its art style justice and would ultimately like to see it redone. It's one of the things i hope for, redo of the anime with no crappy filler, nice art, vibrant colours and continuation of the story. (Asking for a decent dub is too farfetched xD)

Not even if the story is gripping? As much as i love Kanda and Lady Alma, I don't think their lack of presence in the narrative would make me disinterested in the rest of the story ^-^
    Far as the bold, here you go. I wrote about it, and wanted to share on tumblr.
    http://silverwolf442.tumblr.com/post...anime-vs-manga
    But oif you don't wanna read much, the basic rundown is, the anime makes Cross into more of a jerk than the manga, and had some things that contradicted the manga in making him look worse for the sake of comedy.

Anime Cross is a victim of Flanderization. All long-running shows have it happen to characters. That's the quirks or flaws of a character being exaggerated and enhanced for comedy or story to the point the character becomes only a caricature/parody of what they originally were. If you wanna read more on that, here's the trope page .

Was Cross a saint in the manga? No. But the manga, fanbooks by Hoshino, and interviews with her, show that Cross has more depth and sides than most give credit for.

After reading the manga, I see how badly the anime actually is with portraying Cross. As I notice people who watch the anime first, or who watch the anime and don't read the manga at all, get the idea Cross is a heartless, abusive, womanizer, who only using women for his personal gain, and doesn't care about anyone. And that characterization couldn't be further off imo.
    Last edited by Silverwolf442; April 29, 2015 at 04:05 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ^-^ I haven't seen the anime in a long time, the filler makes me gag and how all the colours are, it's almost as bad as American cartoons and their bad colour choices, eugh xD

but yeah, the anime does seem to forget that whilst Cross isn't afraid to embrace the pleasures in life, he is actually a rather intelligent and important character who has higher motives than getting paid and getting laid. Of course there is plenty getting paid and laid, but i'm sure he has a system.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. So the anime isn't my favorite, unless they remake in the future, and possibly fix the damage. Because Cross not shown as being as heartless as the anime made him out to be. In fact, with the manga, we learn he keeps gifts and souvenirs from his lovers that he keeps in his room at Mother's house. While in his room at HQ, we see about 5 pictures on his shelves. So he apparently isn't as dehumanizing and perverted with women as the anime, or some fans, seem to believe, possibly because of the anime. So Cross had plenty of depth & heart in the manga.

So overall, I avoid the anime. Though the thread has been OT'd enough lol Sorry. Back to fanart. Some of Hoshi's pix on Insta have been nice. Tim looks cute with his ponytails lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never watched the DGM anime adaptation. (I don't for most mangas' adaptations to anime.). However, it would be cool if DGM was given the FMA:Brotherhood or Tsubasa OVA treatment. Anime adaptations that were very faithful to their manga counterparts so it was very pleasant to watch them. I can't take it when anime adaptations alter and screw with the original stories and character traits/personalities.

Also, thanks for sharing these interesting fan art links, you guys. . (Trying to keep the thread OT.)

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it's been a while since i've used forums, so i'm out of practice in staying on topic! ^-^"

I'm trying to think of some more, but i mostly know the fanartists that do a lot of DGM OCs, i'd ultimately like to find some more people who draw Lady Alma

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply