OK this is what I want you to do.
The goal of this beta testing is so that we can move it to final and have it live on the site.
- Go to beta.mangahelpers.com
- once in, log in.
- Check out EVERY page (especially the front end).
- If you get an error, make note of it or report it here: in this forum. Use the prefix BUG with it. (check to see if what you are about to post is already posted or not) [Example: Bug by njt]
- As you look at it keep in mind the use of it. Not just for your own personal needs, but try to think outside of the box, like what the masses will think of it.
- Some questions you might ask yourself: Is it easy to understand at first glance? What do you focus on at first? Is what you want to find easy? Do you know where you are? What you're doing? Are you confused? lost?
- Then I want you to try and answer these questions. If you feel like you can't explain it well, open up an image program and try to show what you mean the best you can.
- Check out EVERY feature
- Post, join, unjoin, apply, vote, post again, every different section you go to. All clear? Work well? Could be better? Tell us :3. If you get an error, make note of it like above.
- Overall impression. What was wrong? What could be done to correct it? What do you think *doesn't* fit the site's goal. Why do you think this?
If you think something could look better feel free to post that .
And if you have enough time, writing a review of what you think using the Review prefix that would be awesome too. [Here's an example: Review by NJT]
Thanks guys~ But I really need each and everyone of you (IF POSSIBLE) to give as much feedback as possible
I'll create an example of how I'd like to see it done (you can do it your own way too just helping those that are at a loss still )
NOTE: The beta site is a copy of the existing MH from a few days ago. So, please don't focus on forum-related data when testing. All new forum posts on the beta will be deleted.
Last edited by njt; November 14, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
i go to the reading list in user cp, get access denied or something
nvm, it logged me out for some reason
Mmm, when browsing manga, maybe let us choose a letter maybe, or something instead of just starting from A and going on.
Maybe add some more genres.. specifially sports
Last edited by Crayola; November 15, 2008 at 02:43 AM.
I love it, njt. There were no problems for me, except probably what crayola suggested about listing the manga per letter to act as links in one page so there can be an auto-jump to a certain page when we search for say... Rosario blah blah, instead of clicking the next button until we reach it?
hmmm well using the browse to quickly sort the manga is a lot faster in my opinion... just type in a few letters and it'll be sorted ._.
the box above the browse manga where it says search is kind of mislabeled, and I will be changing that text. as you type in the box, it filters the results shown.
Type in "nar" for example :P
That said, jumping to letters might be something helpful in addition. We'll look into that.
i would suggest to make these "my Actions", "My Forums" and "My Favorites" withou the "My"
They are "My AFF", or the my links for a few reasons.
1) they only show to logged in people and are customized based on the specific account in question.
2) My AFF is a concept of branding that makes it easy to describe what it is externally.
3) I like it!
Here's a question, how does a manga get in the "top rated" section?
Via a variable I need to add to the template display
Ok thanks, but don't you think that mangas hosted on the site should be more on the front page, like the current version of the skin?
He means Naruto/One piece etc.
You need to be logged in to see them in the "My Forums" part of the My AFF menu.
well i told you this already but...
1. i cant go to my profile page (it says something like "this user is not registered so does not have a profile to view) http://beta.mangahelpers.com/forums/member.php?u=
2. cant get an avatar/signature (it says "upload of file is failed" for the avatar and for the sig it just pops back to the User CP without changing the sig."
Last edited by Gecko Moria; November 15, 2008 at 11:04 PM.
And I told you all forum issues won't be carried over to live... anyway thanks :|
i noticed that if you change the reading status to something and then try to undo it, put it back to ----, the manga still shows on your reading list
and if you put Going to read, the status in your reading list reads 'toread'
Last edited by slippy; November 16, 2008 at 03:57 AM.