YES. Especially Priscilla, is clearly a rank 1, unless you want to consider her beyond a rank 1 as a rank A (Ace) or S (Super) or Z (Zero), hehe.
Abyssal One: an Awakened Being that was a rank 1 Claymore
Awakened Being: an Awakened rank 2-47 Claymore
The rank 1 Claymores:
01. Isley. no explanation needed.
02. Riful. no explanation needed.
03. Luciela. no explanation needed.
04. Rafaela. Rubel says she is a rank 1. He says that she's as powerful as Abyssal One Luciela. He also tells Clare+Jean to not try to fight Rafaela, as she's "special", a rank 1 Claymore. Rafaela is a younger sister to the Abyssal One Luciela. Sisters seem to be equal in power (see Alicia+Beth). Obviously, there can't be two rank 1's, so one of the sisters is given the rank 1 status and the other is given the rank 2 status, even though both are rank 1's.
(Rafaela could possibly have been actually beyond a rank 1 as well. We never really learn just how powerful she actually was)
05. Rosemary. no explanation needed.
06. Teresa. She's actually beyond a rank 1 in power.
07. Priscilla. She's actually beyond a rank 1 in power. Priscilla was more powerful then rank 2 Irene, thus that makes her a rank 1. But for some strange reason "traitor" Teresa kept the status of rank 1, and so Priscilla was given the rank 2 status instead (even as she was sent to execute Teresa), which also resulted in the demotions of Irene, Sophia, Noel, and Elda to the respective ranks of 3, 4, 5, and 6.
08. Alicia. no explanation needed.
09. Beth. She seemed equal to Alicia, and not an inferior/weaker sister. See my comments about Rafaela.
10. Miata. She has the power of a rank 1, however she's too childish, immature, and inexperienced to be given that responsibility yet, so she's just a rank 4, despite her rank 1 level power.
Why did the Organization never name more Abyssal Ones, then the original three (Isley, Riful, and Luciela) ?
1. Rafaela. She never Awakened.
2. Rosemary. The Organization did not know that she had Awakened, and Teresa never told them that Rosemary had. In fact, Teresa lied to Orsay, saying ~"Oh come on Orsay, if rank 1 Rosemary had Awakened into an Abyssal One, do you think that I'd be talking to you right now, with only a little bit of my cape/cloak torn?". Teresa the MONSTER. Orsay and the Organization never learned that teresa was indeed that powerful, so powerful that by releasing a mere 10% yoki, that Teresa had obliterated Awakened Abyssal One rank 1 Rosemary in a single attack instantly. In fact, not even after Teresa's death did they learn how powerful Teresa was. Priscilla was an Awakened now, so they got no report from her of Teresa's real-actual power. Irene was thought dead and deserted, so she never reported to the Organization of Teresa's real-actual power. Sophia and Noel were killed, so they couldn't report to the Organization of Teresa's real-actual power. The only one was little human child Clare, but she probably didn't understand about any of this, even if the Organization had thought of actually asking her about Teresa.
3. Alicia. She hadn't "permentently" Awakened, due to the Soul Link protecting her. Alicia's Awakening was like a "temporary" Awakening. When Alicia actually had Awakened, Priscilla had immediately killed her, so the Organization didn't know.
4. Beth. When Beth actually had Awakened, Priscilla had immediately killed her, so the Organization didn't know.
5. Miata. She hasn't Awakened yet.
How did the Organization learn that Irene was actually alive (having survived Awakened Priscilla), anyways?
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 06, 2010 at 10:33 PM.
No, the definition of Abyssal one is a number 1 who awakened.
Prisicilla was number 2 when she awakened so it doesn't matter how strong she is she shouldn't be called an Abyssal one.
only 4 Abyssal ones existed Isley, Riful, Lucelia and Alica (she awoke to help her sister)
I don't think she should be considered an abyssal one.It has nothing to do with ranks, it's just that she is a lot more powerful and seems to have diferent objectives(I don't think she interested in territories).It's hard to generalize her as abyssal one.she is special.
I hope it will be explain someday how she got that strong...
I mean... she wasn't that strong as a Claymore, and suddenly, she awake and she become the strongest being of the entire world...
"Because she started using her powers, so they could track her." -Lagun
Rafaela was already on mission to find and kill Irene before Irene released her yoki to save Clare from dying to Ophelia, and then to train Clare in the Quick Sword.
How did the Organization know that Irene indeed wasn't killed by Awakened Priscilla, and thus sent Rafaela to try to hunt her down and kill her?
(Yes, Irene's body was missing, but Priscilla could have eaten it, human child Clare could have buried it as well, animals could have eaten it or moved it to their home or hidden it to eat it later, or whatever for all the Organization would know. To send one of their 3 most powerful warriors, Rafaela, to search for a possible surviving Irene merely because her body was missing, seems a bit absurd-extreme-preposterous to me)
"I hope it will be explain someday how she got that strong...
I mean... she wasn't that strong as a Claymore, and suddenly, she awake and she become the strongest being of the entire world... Why?!" -THM
well, Claymore Priscilla, was more powerful then even Irene (according to Irene herself). So, Priscilla was in fact very powerful.
I think the problem with ALL of them (Irene, Sophia, Noel, and Priscilla) in terms of this image perception people get, is that they were SO powerful, that they could fight "conventionally". No using yoma powers or anything (except for Irene's Quick Sword).
Because, none of them fought beyond "conventionally", we mistakingly think that they weren't very powerful, when in fact the opposite is true:
A weak Claymore has to use "non-conventional" fighting (high yoki release and yoma powers) just to become somewhat strong/powerful.
A strong Claymore is so powerful, that they rarely if ever (Teresa as the ultimate example) need to use any "exceptional, non-conventional" yoma powers nor a high yoki release.
Unfortunately, this gives us the WRONG impression that they are weak.
here's some of the "boring" (conventional) fighting, but very powerful, Claymore examples that I can think of off the top of my head:
4. Irene (though she does use her Quick Sword)
7. Ophelia (yes, she has her "Rippling" Sword too, but Ophelia's real prowess was her strength, not her "icing on the cake" sword technique)
(now that I'm thinking about this, I think Ophelia actually had more offensive power then Galatea. I think Ophelia was at least in terms of offensively more powerful then Galatea. Though, there was Galatea's unique ability to enhance her power, and it was enough to finally cut Dauf. However, I'm wondering right now, if Ophelia could cut Dauf, and I am thinking that she could. Galatea did NOT have the strength to cut Dauf, until she used her unique ability to enhance her power. I'm now believing that Ophelia might have had the strength to cut Dauf. Ophelia did cut through and kill that single digit female AB in a single sword slice of hers. That's got to be some power)
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 07, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
i think she should because if rank has any thing to do with it, she would have been number 1 if she had cut down teresa.
No, she's a cut above the Abyssal One, shes in her own league as Claymore's Broken Char. Woo.
why shouldn't she? she is obviously the best of the bests so why not? and yet it isn't her full power(ex anime?)
Irene was rank 2.
Priscilla was more powerful then Irene (according to Irene herself), thus that makes Priscilla a rank 1 (as there's only integer, no-decimal, rankings).
Though for some reason, even as a "traitor" and being hunted down for execution, the Org allowed Teresa to keep the rank 1 status, which meant giving Priscilla rank 2, which caused Irene to be demoted to rank 3, sophia to be demoted to rank 4, noel to be demoted to rank 5, and Elda to be demoted to rank 6.
Priscilla WAS/IS clearly a rank 1 Claymore. It really is not complicated.
and saying Awakened Priscilla was not a rank 1 Claymore, when she's far more powerful then the Abyssal Ones whom were rank 1 Claymore's, is completely irrational!
Last edited by evil_kenshin; June 10, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
She doesn't really count in the organisations eyes - otherwise the organisation would've tried to hunt her down and two, she would've been referred to as an Abyssal One.
No, she died too early, so i doubt the organisation had time to stick that name on her. I'd say anyone characters dubbed as Abyssal One should be fan-wised unless it was actually stated.Quote:
By the time they began active hunting of AB's they had no idea where she was or that she was with Isley
but yea she's not an AO in anyone's eyes in claymore
Last edited by evil_kenshin; June 10, 2010 at 12:54 AM.
Also, Priscilla was simply too powerful. The Org knew full well that they had no means of fighting her, so they didn't try to. All they could do is pray that Priscilla wouldn't attack them.
chapter 25 pages 12-19:
Rubel explains this to us, via Clare's chat with him about Priscilla.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 10, 2010 at 02:52 AM.