2) i didn't notice that i wrote that. i was watching family guy while typing and wasn't paying attention. i meant to write in something like "his victory is ensured by the fact that his eyes are always looking on towards it." or something in that regard.
3) it's not that your translation isn't good or smooth, i just have a bad habit of paraphrasing things. besides, sometimes i need to shorten it so that it fits within the allotted space.
4) thank you for the advice. and you only sounded it bit harsh. otherwise, thank you for your open criticism
5) i corrected some of the spelling errors and grammatical mistakes and i'll try to re-post them by tomorrow.
6) and if u could mail me some of the errors to my account, that could help. you don't have to, but...
Last edited by slmcknett; September 17, 2008 at 08:36 PM.
It's good to start the scanlation of some pages, and my advices for it will be :
1. Credits the translator & raw provider on the pages, not only in your posts.
2. Just copy/paste the translation, do not paraphrase. If you can't, then don't scanlate. And if the text is too long, then choose another font or ask the translator to make a sentence shorter.
3. Don't be distracted when you're typesetting, that's not a good excuse for your own mistakes.
Keep it up!
i wana say thx to slmcknett and to tora-chan, the reason is simple because of your work i can do this:
As you can see is in spanish and thx to your work i can translate the databook to this languaje so ALOT of ppl can read the databook in their own languaje and well thats something really good.... anywayl thx again for your work and keep going.
This is my attempt on editing a manga page here.. any comment would appreciated..
Last edited by syazx; September 19, 2008 at 12:13 PM.
The picture is displayed as a thumbnail Although if you remove "th." it works (I did and I could see the full pic XD)
I like how you edited the page!
The only thing I don't like is your choice of fonts
The bold ones you used for the catchphrases are fine, ditto for the balloons. But this is a guidebook that is meant to be read, much like a normal book (not manga), thus I personally think that we should use a font that is not comic-style. This is why I don't really like the font you used for the main text (WildWords) and the captions (the lines under the pics)
I think you could try and use a "normal" font (like what you would use to write an essay in Word, for example XD), or better, two "normal" fonts, one for the main text and another one for the captions. Comic-style fonts don't distinguish between upper and lower-case, thus they aren't really suited for books that contain long texts (at least IMO).
Anyway, this was my two cents Apart from that, the editing looks fine ^^
Thank you very much for taking the time to try and scanlate the pages, it's really appreciated! Keep up the work~
You're right, I didn't notice the "genjutsu" thing! XD
By the way, I noticed just now that the title "Uzumaki Naruto" isn't changed either! XD;
thanx tora-chan and nahkampfbiber for the comment...
this is the corrected scanlated page... change the character line and caption to "common" font and edit the "twice ninjutsu" problem.
btw, I purposely do not change the title as the name in English already provided.
Edit: add the next page for Naruto (26-27)
The rest of my scanlating attempt will be post here
Last edited by syazx; September 20, 2008 at 04:10 AM.
Oohh, that looks VERY good! You did a good job with the font choosing! ^^
When you're finished with the whole profile, if you want, you can post your work in this thread and/or also link it here. I'll put a link to it in my translation post too ^^
Thank you for your efforts!
In case noone noticed XD I have finished Naruto's profile too
Also there is a section for the Databook scanlations,so it will be better if we dont flood this thread with the same pages,that way we will keep reading the news easier. It just my opinion though.
i've already finish scanlating Sasuke page 40-43
Have a look Here
and do not forget to comment...
Edited: btw, i would like to share my cleaned, untexted page from the databook... Should i put it here in this thread or create a new thread?
Last edited by syazx; September 21, 2008 at 09:22 AM.
Ok, I'm back home (kinda) and I finally finished translating Itachi's profile. You can find it here
Sorry for the late reply x_X
I like how you edited The only thing I'd change is this: I'd remove the horizontal dotty lines within a same text area. For example, in the "Reunion" part in page 42-43 I'd remove the dotty line between "heart in the least" and "Bonds might". This is because in my opinion that line makes it look like the two texts are separated, though they're actually a single one ("Reunion" indeed). English is not written vertically like Japanese, so those lines aren't really needed (at least IMHO)
As for where to post, I'm not very sure :/ I mean, I don't know if that thread was created for eaballer10's scanlations or if it's open to any scanlation.. I guess if you plan to do many of them you could open your own thread and update it from time to time..
Hey, as a heads up for everyone, Pazuzu's also doing Databook 3 translations.
Thus far he's got:
and he's currently working on Sai and others (he has a updated thread in his section)
Also, with the new HQ update scan by JapFlap, I made a scanlation for Tenten, pg 112-113.
I don't have that many fonts on my computer, and I'm really bad at finding what kind of fonts other scanlators have already used, but I did my best.