Moderator message by: YabeThis post has been updated and edited from Hermie's original post.
If you find new ones post them here and they will be added to the first post.
This thread is also, of course, open for discussion! Anybody got any favourites? :3
Most recent volume covers
Tankobon covers for volume 1-48 scanned by Gaara_dono
High-resolution bulk download [1-52]: HERE
* Mini covers from naruto-rendan.fr (thanks to copy_ninja for telling us about the site!)
* Volume 49 - 50 full covers found by Searinghawk.
* Volume 52 full cover thanks to Sanji-kun.
* Volume 53 full cover thanks to rebornounet
* Volume 54 full cover thanks to Sanji-kun, Kuroneko & goldb
* Volume 55 full cover thanks to Protegon
* Volume 56 full cover thanks to redon
* Volume 57 full cover thanks to redon
* An album with many covers, thanks to goldb.
* The layout is a stolen creative idea of OS. Hoshi and Kirimi in ES21 and Reborn sections.
Last edited by matzik1212; January 09, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
splendid! this cover shines! but I I think that if it had contained just 10 chapters instead of 11,the end would have been cooler. bah, nevermind, a chapter more is always nice (if kishi knew this...)
Last edited by mattiaildivino; October 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
And I don't think IMO that Kishimoto (and everyone else) decides how many chapters a volume can have (at least, they don't have the final decision); if not, why in the last volume he complains about how he couldn't put the two final chapters of Itachi and Sasuke's conversation on the previous volume?
we already talked about this issue, they do have the final decision, in fact oda in the sbs usually states that he wants a certain volume to have a certain number of chapters, and kishi made volume 43 with 13 chapters because he wanted to. he complained because volume 61 already had 12 chapters (2 more than the usual) and it couldn't have 14 chapters. he was rather complaining on his meaningless chapters (poor of consistency,where nothing happens) . anyway, in this case I can ensure you that it's kishi's fault: there have been a lot of volumes in which he should have put more chapters (volume 58 shouldn't have ended with the 3rd raikage's defeat and gaara having a hard time, instead,it should have had 2 chapters more,till the 2nd mizukage congratulating on the golden egg.) likewise, volume 62 should have ended with a chapter more,with naruto crushing tobi's mask!
Just a friendly reminder that this is One Piece
I like the cover none-the-less
And if Kishimoto could choose the chapters amount, why he didn't do that? You say he put 13 on volume 43, and he couldn't put 14 on volume 61? Why not let him do that, if was just an special occasion? (and "because he doesn't care" is not an answer, of course)
14 chapters are really too much, 13 are already a huge number,that's why he complained: 11 chapters aren't a problem,whereas 12 are a kind of a limit. notwithstanding this, he put 13 chapters in volume 43 but this time he realized that he couldn't obviously have put 14 chapters. you are right about shueisha,but you are also underestimating the authors ,if they had wanted,they could easily put a chapter more.
I really like the "cool" feel you get from the cover and the composition and angle from which you can see Luffy, Law and Smoker walking in; possibly my most enjoyable cover since 62 and it also has the divided panel elements from vol 58 with the admirals which I really liked too.
Credits: Redon from APforums
One Piece volume index and first page
It seems this first page includes additional information about how the switching personalities made by Law works.
First information about SBS of Vol 68 and extras.
Sengoku and PX-Z in One Piece Film Z O_O
Some translation, thanks to H-Samba from PiratekingQuote:
- It talks about Pop Green production in Sunny by Ussop.
- Sanji's design is inspired in Steve Busemi.
- Oda talks about three cup in Ace/Shirohige tombs.
Supernova age before time-skip.
- Kid 21 years.
- Bonney 22 years (estimated).
- Law 24 years.
- Killer 25 years.
- Hawkins and Apoo 29 years.
- Drake 31 years.
- Capone 40 years.
- Urouge 45 years.
Also, it is confirmed that Sengouku is a General Inspector (maybe from the WG)
---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------
More translation, thanks again to H-Samba from Pirateking.es.
- Luffy doesn´t shrink after using Gear Third.
- We will see Smoker, Tashigi and Hina when they were children.
- Miho Tanaka, Nozomi Sasaki and Mariya Nishiuchi in One Piece Film Z (not sure about if there will be new seiyus or something like that).
- More information about Dupont lighter designed by Oda.
- Some of the clothing in the Z film is designed by Armani Exchange.
- They're going to do their best to distribute 1000... volumes? reels? I'm thinking "movie reels".
Last edited by ukimix; October 31, 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: correction on 'before time skip' and 'estimated', and additional translations added
supernova age written is before time-skip, not after.
Bonney's age is presumption
Haha, it seems Kid really stands up to his name when he is compared to the other Supernova, though ironically he is supposed to be the strongest, but if we take into consideration Luffy, who is the youngest, that means the younger you are the stronger you are in this group. Though that might not go for everyone in it.
Holy crap they are alot older than I thought. Uroge and Capone got started really late in the pirate game. Also is Z a pacifista of some sort? Or is that Kuma behind him?
Sengoku is rockin the casual grampa.
*Edit* Okay, at APF I read that PX-Z is someone named Shiro Kuma. I guess he is another prototype Pacifista? I need more info!
Last edited by eefrit; October 31, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
What a odd age...antway,I'd like to have more details of pirate groups and marine.
Seems to not have been mentioned but:
Originally Posted by Aohige_AP