Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/29/15 - 7/5/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Gintama 551 (2) , Bleach 635 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 135 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 135 Discussion/Predictions

Chinese Scan | English Scan (Not yet available)

Spoiler: Summary show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 135 Discussion/Predictions

So let's talk a bit about the WC I guess. So far we've got five nations to watch out for: Japan, USA, Germany, France, Switzerland. What kind of matches do you expect from those five, do you think four of them will reach the semi finals or do you think there will be another contender that hasn't been introduced yet? Who do you think will make the finals and win the tournament in the end?

Also, do you think we will see matches between the top players of each nation (Byoudouin, Reinhardt, Volk, Camus and Amadeus), or do you see them facing the likes of Tokugawa, Ryoma and Tezuka?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So Tezuka is part of the WC now? I thought Volk told Pupke to wait until Germany dominated the WC for the 10th time.

I would like to a see match between Volk vs Amadeus/Camus. Since we know nothing about them and because all three of them are considered pros. Should be an intense match.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice that we'll get to see how the pro plays. I thought we'll have to imagine that until now lol.

I don't think all the 4 team will make it to semi final. I'm expecting Japan/Germany/USA to make it, along with some dark horse kind of team. But then, Japan should play against both Germany and USA so I doubt any of the 4th team would "matter."
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that we'll see some pros play other pros, but we'll see Ryoma play Byoudouin and Tokugawa play Reinhardt.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    So Tezuka is part of the WC now? I thought Volk told Pupke to wait until Germany dominated the WC for the 10th time.
    Wait with giving Tezuka a pro contract/sponsorship, the WC is supposed to prepare him for the pro circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't think all the 4 team will make it to semi final. I'm expecting Japan/Germany/USA to make it, along with some dark horse kind of team. But then, Japan should play against both Germany and USA so I doubt any of the 4th team would "matter."
    I dunno, should they? As it stands it's the US that should play against both Japan and Germany since Ryoma is on that team. Given what QP said, it also feels like Japan is the dark horse of the tournament, so I think they might take out France in the quarter final or something.

I'd like something like Japan vs USA and Germany vs Switzerland in the semi finals and USA vs Germany in the championship match.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Japan will win the World Cup. Ryoma will probably defeat Byodoin but Japan will still win overall. For the first time. Like The Nationals. Rikkai wins twice in a row, aiming for the 3rd win but loses to the main school of the series.

Japan is the main country of the series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Eyrie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Japan would face USA in the final. Japan has to be in the final.
    Maybe USA vs Germany and Japan vs Switzerland in the semis.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless the middle schoolers or Ryoma join U-17 Japan squad. I reckon Germany or USA knock them in the Semis. Maybe that's why he doing a middle schoolers World Cup.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If it was Japan vs Germany, it'll be Byodoin vs Volk and Tokugawa vs Tezuka.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member iceemperor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The team to beat is Germany with their 9-time win streak. Its a loose parallel to Rikkai. Japan is most likely the dark horse of the tournament and the USA will be one of the stronger team that people expect to reach the semis. With amadeus, camus and volk, it will most likely be expected that these players and their respective teams reach the semis. It will most likely be japan fighting to reach these three and winning.

We have also yet to see the remaining 3 players of team japan. But is weird in that japan has a middle school section but for the rest, we're seeing only the highschool and ryoma and tezuka have joined their respective country's high school team. I wonder if it will be like the middle school team will play first and then the best 3 players from japan will be selected as the last 3 spots. That of konomi was just hiding information.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^I've been thinking that too.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    Unless the middle schoolers or Ryoma join U-17 Japan squad. I reckon Germany or USA knock them in the Semis. Maybe that's why he doing a middle schoolers World Cup.
    Yeah, I've been considering this too. It could end up as the current HSers not being strong enough to take the title, but by the MS team winning their competition it would suggest that Japan becomes a top nation in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by iceemperor View Post
    We have also yet to see the remaining 3 players of team japan. But is weird in that japan has a middle school section but for the rest, we're seeing only the highschool and ryoma and tezuka have joined their respective country's high school team. I wonder if it will be like the middle school team will play first and then the best 3 players from japan will be selected as the last 3 spots. That of konomi was just hiding information.
    What bugs me about this is that when we get to see the HS list it explicitly says that "the fourteen All Japan Reps" have been announced, so even if we only got to see the top eleven spots, there should be fourteen names on the list.

I think we didn't get to see MS teams of other nations because they aren't relevant at this point though. I can't imagine the supposedly strongest nation not registering a team in that competition as well. This might mean that the MS competition will be overshadowed by the HS one though.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think that the most of the MS will end up replacing the HS and win the tournament and defeat Germany at last. Ryoma will most likely join Japan team in the end and maybe they made a MS division to choose the strongest ones from there and replace some players from Japan's HS squad, and thanks to them they win the WC.

If I have to make a prediction of which MS will be changed to the HS squad, they are: Atobe, Yukimura, Sanada, Kintarou, Shiraishi, Akutsu, Fuji, Niou and eventually Ryoma.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 10, 2014 at 04:10 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member iceemperor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The middle school section is the real curveball in this plot so far. We have yet to see the other middle school teams and are only seeing the high school sections. Characters like yukimura, atobe etc are playing in the middle school section and ryoma and kunimitsu are playing in the high school sections. Konomi either left out the last 3 reps because they are unimportant or decided that these middle schoolers have to get stronger to reach the level of the high school WC. It makes it seem like the gap between the japanese MS and ryoma and kunimitsu is huge now. I know a gap exists because besides the atobe niou team, the rest lost pretty badly and the atobe team barely won and only won the first set through the whim of the HS.

It just seems like the main japanese characters, the MS, are suddenly leagues behind their former teammates.

On another note, I dont think Ryoma will join the Japanese team again. His goal is to beat byoudoin and even if he doesnt beat him this WC, he will probbaly face him as a pro and most probbaly wont be representing japan then but America. RYoma is the main protagonist and I dont think the country is of that much importance but the development he gets in whatever country he is in.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast