Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 134 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 134 Discussion/Predictions

Chinese Scan | English Scan (Not yet available)

No summary at this point, but the events should be fairly obvious to everyone.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 134 Discussion/Predictions

Some points that may be worth discussing. Some of this might be clarified once we have access to the Japanese chapter, but feel free to talk about it anyway:

-Does this prove Ryoma can use TnK at any time or does he still need to be in the right mental state?
    -Can Ryoma use both TnK and Samurai at the same time?
    -Since it's confirmed that the Glowing Shot can be applied to other special shots, what do you think are the requirements, given that Byoudouin apparently can't combine it with his world techniques (or he would've done so)?
    -What do you make of Obandu being able to return both the Glowing Drive B and the TnK powered Drive B?
    -Taking his special jumping ability into consideration, is there any player on the Japanese team who you think is a likely opponent for Obandu?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Irie, Kaoz, given the jokes we've seen so far about Irie's "lack of height." However, Irie's actually 178 cm, so he's really not short at all.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Some points that may be worth discussing. Some of this might be clarified once we have access to the Japanese chapter, but feel free to talk about it anyway:

1-Does this prove Ryoma can use TnK at any time or does he still need to be in the right mental state?
    2-Can Ryoma use both TnK and Samurai at the same time?
    3-Since it's confirmed that the Glowing Shot can be applied to other special shots, what do you think are the requirements, given that Byoudouin apparently can't combine it with his world techniques (or he would've done so)?
    4-What do you make of Obandu being able to return both the Glowing Drive B and the TnK powered Drive B?
    5-Taking his special jumping ability into consideration, is there any player on the Japanese team who you think is a likely opponent for Obandu?
    1-Nope... unless we get some lines about it?
    2-We don't know but I expect him to be able to do it. Afterall, Ryoma did that semi-Samurai aura he showed back in Kanto during Muga (I know it's not the same, but it's kind of similar).
    3-I think Byoudouin didn't feel like to, or that the abilities he showed are a lot harder to mix than Drive B.
    4-That he's goooood. Prolly Tanegashima level.
    5-Yuuta andIrie as Frosty said, can't come up with anything atm.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Irie, I didn't think of him at all to be honest. Could be an interesting confrontation though? The first person who came to my mind was actually Ohmagari since he's pretty much all about the physical aspects of the game. Obviously depends on whether Obandu is a singles or a doubles player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    1-Nope... unless we get some lines about it?
    Like I mentioned in the OP, we don't have the Japanese version yet, so I don't know at this point. Should get it relatively soon though.

3-I think Byoudouin didn't feel like to, or that the abilities he showed are a lot harder to mix than Drive B.
    Well, I'm pretty sure he went all out at the end, so I don't think it's the former. However, keeping in mind that the Glowing Shot requires the Super Sweet Spot as well, maybe the world techniques cannot be hit using the Super Sweet Spot (since it has three requirements it doesn't seem implausible that it's not compatible with the special properties of other complex shots)?

4-That he's goooood. Prolly Tanegashima level.
    I could see that. I think an important point here is though that the best HSers in general aren't helpless against TnK using MSers. So stuff like Kijin!Oni and Tanegashima being above TnK!Kintarou for instance seems more reasonable now in my opinion.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a Dudu vs Tangashima or Oni match. See how Tanegashima can obliviate any other techniques he has. See if Oni can use Kijin on the guy.

Couple of questions: Do you think Ralph will play Byodoin in the line-up (since they're both the captains of their teams)?
    Do you think Ralph will give his spot to Ryoma just so he can play Byodoin?

I just want to know what everyone thinks since Byodoin hasn't been spoken of at all since Ryoma arrived in the US.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Glowing shot got nerfed heavy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byodouin's moves are said to be world-class so I'm pretty sure he can mix it up. I'm guessing they don't show him doing it because after a certain level there's no point to show the glowing shot. Someone who is world-class probably just hits everything at the strength of a glowing shot implicitly. I mean, when Byodouin used Pirates of the World it was like "Infinite balls? No worries just use more black holes!" I think when you're that crazy you don't have to show off weak moves like glowing shot!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Glowing shot got nerfed heavy.
    Maybe the glowing itself isn't responsible for the holes, but rather amplifies the properties of the shot it's used on. The original Glowing Shot we've seen so far might just be the glowing applied to an inherently destructive move, Byoudouin actually calls it "Destruction" after all. Drive B doesn't destroy anything to begin with, so a Glowing Drive B would just have a much stronger spin than the regular one.

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Couple of questions: Do you think Ralph will play Byodoin in the line-up (since they're both the captains of their teams)?
    Do you think Ralph will give his spot to Ryoma just so he can play Byodoin?
    I don't think Reinhardt would give up his spot just like that, but I could see him getting injured during the tournament or something which would then make it seem like a better idea to take the 6th match instead of the 7th one or something. Alternatively the same thing could happen to Byoudouin with Byoudouin moving to a lower singles and Tokugawa playing in the last match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if Ryoma didn't get to play Byodoin but gets someone else instead, such as the suggestions on the thread who'd we like to see vs Ryoma.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the glowing itself isn't responsible for the holes, but rather amplifies the properties of the shot it's used on. The original Glowing Shot we've seen so far might just be the glowing applied to an inherently destructive move, Byoudouin actually calls it "Destruction" after all. Drive B doesn't destroy anything to begin with, so a Glowing Drive B would just have a much stronger spin than the regular one.
    Maybe the Glowing Shot = SSS shot? And the move we've been calling ¨Glowing shot¨ until now is Destruction?

I mean, just like BJK is a JK that is hit in the SSS, maybe this super Drive B is the same thing.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the Glowing Shot = SSS shot?
    I don't think so. First of all, Ryoga said that you have to be able to hit with the SSS in order to hit a GS. And secondly, the SSS practice racket was used by Oni at the beginning of the series and he also hit regular shots with it. The glowing seems to be some kind of energy you draw out of thin air, and I assume it'd get lost if you don't hit the ball with the SSS (iirc that happened during Ryoma's failed attempts at least).

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. First of all, Ryoga said that you have to be able to hit with the SSS in order to hit a GS. And secondly, the SSS practice racket was used by Oni at the beginning of the series and he also hit regular shots with it.
    Oh fair enough then, I was pretty sure that there were several stuff like these that would go against my theory but oh well...

The glowing seems to be some kind of energy you draw out of thin air, and I assume it'd get lost if you don't hit the ball with the SSS (iirc that happened during Ryoma's failed attempts at least).
    ...like in the London movie lol.

Ok so, nevertheless, is it too farfetched to think that this is a Sweet Spot Drive B and not a Glowing Shot Drive B?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so, nevertheless, is it too farfetched to think that this is a Sweet Spot Drive B and not a Glowing Shot Drive B?
    Well, check page 9 of the chapter. He pretty clearly puts the glowing aura on the ball there and it keeps glowing when following Drive B's path. It's both a super sweet spotted Drive B and a Glowing Drive B though since SSS is a requirement for the glowing aura to not fade.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh ok then, I either missed that detail or just didn't remember it. I guess your theory makes perfect sense (...or the GS got nerfed as Brand said, lol).

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast