Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply

Thread: How much impact do creators(directrors, writers, mangaka) have on your choice of anime and manga?

Age of the Holy Spirit 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How much impact do creators(directrors, writers, mangaka) have on your choice of anime and manga?

It's a thread to discuss the creators rather than the series, for example if you see a series by the same author you read another series from, and liked, do you automatically want to check it out?

Creators are a big deal most of the time, most people wait a long time for some creators to return, or some are always hoping their favorite mangaka or anime director to come out with new stuff?

Is the creator important to you and do you want to follow his body of work and why?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much impact do creators(directrors, writers, mangaka) have on your choice of anime and manga?

It's a shame, but I have a bad memory for Japanese names, most of the time I don't remember the name of the authors, although I'm getting in this question lately.
    When I like a series written by a certain author, I normally research other series of the same author, but I take in consideration its style, synopsis and other things more than the name of the author because many authors make series of different styles and genres that not always are of my liking. There are exceptions though, there are authors I have a huge respect and I always take a look at their new works.

Global Moderator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much impact do creators(directrors, writers, mangaka) have on your choice of anime and manga?

If I liked the work of a mangaka it is likely that I will read another of his work.

For anime, I tend to avoid everything adapted by Pierrot or Toei nowadays. The names, the staff or the manga adapted can make me want to start it but it's rare. Same for anime original.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really have writer loyalty. If they write something in a genre I dont like (say a BL manga writer writing a non bl romance series, then I will not read it).

I do have creator disgust though, like if that Watanabe person of Bebop fame does something then I avoid. I already did three anime of theirs and all were pretty dumb with the same mistakes in direction in writing, so I give up.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Gakkyu Hotei | Team Food Wars!

New Reply