Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Dan Gilbert is still the owner.
I really hope he goes to a team where he can actually show how good he still is without all-stars. I don't think LeBron would have won as many games without the likes of Wade, Bosh, Miller, and Andersen, to name a few, but he'd still be dangerous.
You're talking as if Jordan or Kobe played alone when they won their titles, as if Lebron didn't get to the finals with the cavs in 2007, as if his stats didn't say that he actually scores more and has a better FG% now than in Cleveland, and as if this wasn't a team sport and he has to score every single basket to be considered a beast...
Lebron is without a doubt the best player in the game today, and has been for awhile. However there are good reasons why he has drawn the hate of the general public, and gone from a heralded hero to a despised villain.
1. The Decision-One of the most arrogant moves in all of sports, to have an hour long special about which team you are going to sign with. Really?
2. The Pep Rally-A big party, sayin' not one, not two, not three, etc. Also didn't fly well, as it shows a huge ego.
3. Leaving his home state, his home team, the state where he was born and raised.
4. Lebron on the Cavs was a feel good story, a guy playing for his home team, a hero for the city of cleveland. Cleveland, a city that hasn't had much success in sports since Jim Brown on the Cleveland Browns.
5. Joining Dwayne Wade, a top 5 player in the league at the time as well as the best SG in the game in addition to joining Chris Bosh, an all star who was the #1 player on the Raptors. Instead of joining a team with strong role players, joining other top stars as an easy way to get rings. Now the Celtics did this also, however of note that big 3 were in their 30s and were desperately trying to get one ring before retirement. The Miami big 3 were in their mid 20s and in their primes, this made it more distasteful than what Boston had done earlier.
6. Miami is not a sports city, a bunch of bandwagon fans, as game 6 showed.
7. Lebron started flopping more than ever before. Flopping even when there is no contact at times. People are universally disgusted by flops and it is a big reason many don't watch the nba anymore.
8. Heat are well over the cap, in general this is frowned upon. Why the Lakers are considered the Yankees of the NBA.
Just a few of the reasons.
Apparently, leading the cavs to the finals by singlehandly destroying the pistons doesn t prove anything. It was maybe the worst team to ever reach the finals but of course it isn t proving that lbj is able to bring a shitty team to playoffs.
And of course, lbj didn t lead the heat at all. Of course he is the best scorer, rebounder, stealer and passer in the finals for his team but those are just stats ...
Jakensama -- first intelligent critic towards lebron that i read here. But still, when you compare this to jordan hitting his teamates or morally harrassing them , when you compare this to being an absolute ass who managed to put pregnant a teenager and abandonning her like malone did, ... so when you see the amount of bad deeds done by jordan or malone for examplr, I find people very hard towards lebron
Last edited by zelllogan; June 23, 2013 at 03:30 AM.
Jaken and I mentioned a lot of the same things, so I don't know how it's the first intelligent critique, but whatever.
And the comparison still continues. I'm not holding LeBron to his standard, or not meaning to. You keep bringing MJ into this for some reason, I don't get it.
Somehow this not-so-old video got into my Facebook newsfeed many times.
I'll do partial quotes:
Your first answer: Jordan kept his mouth shut ---> Just false and it's a fact
2nd answer: Everyone trash-talks on the court, that's a fact. Jordan never had a reason to address his "haters" because there was never any doubt about his place in history. --> Just false and it's a fact. There are players who play without trashtalking like K. Leonard who is almost speechless (It was stated by Tim Duncan). Jordan adressed his haters & there was doubt.
(remark that you named Jordan twice yourself)
answer number 3: They put a mic in his face after they won and it was all about him rebuking his haters instead of giving props to his teammates. And I don't care if he was asked about it, show some common sense and not even address it. ---> Saying that LBJ is not thankfull towards his teammates & then criticizing him because he answered a question. That's pure hater material
There were good things in your answers but jaken didn't put anything where I screamed to myself: "that's just wrong".
Then there are M3J answers ... A guy asking if LBJ had put any buzzerbeaters clearly doesn't know much about the NBA. Everyone following NBA should remember his buzzer beater vs Orlando in playoffs for example (talking about orlando, he did a buzzer beater against them this season as well ...). I mean come on now ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrwlpM5dQ4w
But I have to apologize to raDar because his posts didn't content pure nonsense.
Last edited by zelllogan; June 23, 2013 at 05:48 AM.
Did you mean my posts were just pure nonsense?Quote:
this thread turned into comedy
da hell you talkin about
where dem red noses at, u'll all make a great show with it