Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Awww....totally agreed with Tweed's choices. These songs are always played at those real EMOOO scenes when the charactes are feeling down. So touching.. *sob sob* definetely not what i can get from reading the manga.
There's also this particular background music where there's a chorus singing, not sure what's the name and whether is it in the OST 3 (since i'm still downloading), but I think that BG song definetely builds up when the characters clash. Anyone has any idea what I'm talking about?
Yessh!!!! Thanks for finding this song. The Invasion song ... I think it appeared when there's this preview of upcoming fight between Ichigo & Ulquorra. There are other instances, but I can't remember which scenes now >.>
Anyway, I checked out the DDR OST and it seems that a few songs from there ended up in the anime as well. Hmm, almost miss out this album.
"Invasion" is one of the best themes in Bleach.
I think a great deal of the audio in Bleach (music, sound-effects and voice-acting) is very well done, although I didn't really take note of it until the introduction of the Arrancar.
But as far as favourite music goes:
- Number One. Probably a cliché choice, but this was the first bit of music in Bleach that really stood out to me. The guitar, the lyrics, the singing... It's just such an energetic piece of music, whenever I hear that guitar at the start come on during a fight, I just can't help but smile. I felt it was particularly well used when Ichigo finally learned Zangetsu's name, when he stopped the vice-captains and Byakuya from chasing Renji and Rukia and when he tried to attack Aizen (the sudden cut-off when Aizen stopped Ichigo's Bankai with one finger was perfect). I like the new violin remix aswell.
- Treachery. While it was just good in the second Bleach movie, this piece in particular gave off such an epic feel in the anime, I loved it. It made the scene of Nnoitra's Resurreccion particularly powerful.
- Invasion. Already mentioned enough in this thread.
- All the Spanish music, particularly Nube Negra. The first clip shown in that vid in particular really made me take note of the whole Spanish theme that the Hollows have going for them. That kind of 'style' for a particular group is something I haven't noticed in many anime. The music gives a very distinct flavour to the Arrancar. I also like No Regressar, very similar to Nube Negra, but it gives off a cool, stylish but darker atmosphere and it was used well in the scene when Ulquiorra confronts Ichigo for the first time in Hueco Mundo. The combination of the music and Ulquiorra walking down the stairs just seemed very menacing to me.
one of my favourite is a song i dont kno its name but it is ladies singing in english it usually plays when they are fighting and it kinda goes like this " oh yh yh yh yh baby now you feel like number one " etc thats the only part i kno
Last edited by kaizoku king; October 03, 2009 at 10:10 AM.
For me two things stand out very clearly as audio additions to Bleach that can be found no where else;
1) Cero. It sounds like it comes from another world. When Shinji blasted GJ with that masked Cero, man, the sound made it seem so brutal. FFFFZZZEWWWWWW !!!!
2) The piano song that plays in some of the most dramatic moments. While I can't name it off the top of my head I'm sure many of you know which one it is. I'll browse this post an update for specifics. UD: Will of the Heart - the slow single note part really gets at me...
Those 2 things, to me, are prime examples of why the manga is like an amazing blueprint for the anime, even tho I read the manga each week, I love waiting for my favorite new part to come out. When Kenpachi and Nnoitra fought in the manga, the first thing in my mind was "This is gonna be awesome in the anime!" and the awesome sounds are a big part of why I still feel that way after all the fillers and animation quality randomness.
Last edited by UnknownQuincy; October 12, 2009 at 05:21 AM.
When soi fon goes into shikai that sound also gives a nice ring to it.
And well Treachery is just epic.
1. The OST of course. Be it guitar driven, orchestral, atmospheric or hispanic, either way its great. I especially like how well the mandolin music fits with the Arrancar theme and how it perfectly suits the desert that is Hueco Mundo. This one especially:
I also like a specific, atmospheric track, the one that played when Rukia met Aaronirro. I just love the chimes!
2. Speaking of Aaronirro, I love his dual-voice effect, especially how it varies from very high-pitched to very deep. I love the scene where he first meets Rukia (by suddenly appearing behind her) and the words he says: "Hoshiete... kageyoka?"
3. The cero, sonido and garganta sound effects, especially the latter. I also dig the sound Kazeshini makes.
4. Mayuri's voice. I love his VA's voice ever since I heard him voice Frieza. Nnoitra's voice is also pretty awesome. I especially like the way he shouts "Santa Teresa!".
Kurotsuchi Mayuri: Just listen to the first time he releases Ashizogi Jizou against Ishida. It's like an ugly, dirty old man raping your ear. It sounds positively awful. (In a good way, not a bad-performance way).
Kuchiki Byakuya: Prideful, arrogant, and condescending. You can literally feel the ego in his voice.
Madarame Ikkaku: Everything said above. I especially loved the "BANKAI!!" shout against Edorad.
Zaraki Kenpachi: If nothing else, his maniacal laugh is just God awesome. This VA also did Don Krieg in One Piece, and was a good fit there too.
Kyouraku Shunsui: Surprised that no one mentioned him before.
Aaroniero Arruruerie (sp?): Love the dual voice effect. One is really deep and soothing, the other higher pitched, and actually kinda pretty or cute. Like the guy above, the scene he first appears in behind Rukia is awesome.
-Honorable mention- Dordonii Alessandro Del Socacchio: I don't know, I just like this guy. His voice is good, but I think I like him mostly because Giralda has a wind-based power, and I've always particularly liked those.
Cero and Bala: I must say, Bala's almost anti-climactic "Fwump" sound when it hits is quite a nice contrast to the normal explosion sound that happens with stuff like that. Same for the effect of a Cero firing.
HOLLOWED: Drums pounding with a deep bass line, this song is just made for awesome, high tension scenes. This is the one song that I would label as "epic".
Senna: Played in the first movie when Kenpachi wasted that Dark One at the end, which is probably one of the best scenes of pwnage I've ever seen. Not just in Bleach, but ever.
Number One: Can you have a better song for when the protagonist is getting ready to pwn the enemy? I don't think so. And having it stop dead when Aizen blocked Ichigo's swing with one finger was one of those things that makes your heart almost skip a beat.
I love the noise of Urahara's Benihime Cero like attack and the Bara attack that we see Yammy use.
But all in all the music, voices etc. Are so good in Bleach. I love the music when and after Ichigo uses his Bankai and the music that makes his final fight with Grimmjow so epic, I could really go on but, this is the only anime that I watch my favorite episodes of over and over again and never get bored of them.
Strange. Why has no one mentioned "Senna"? Originally used in the movie, now it is played whenever Rukia uses her second dance. Bloody epic.
Last edited by mackazoid; June 06, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
SFX : when ichigo puts his mask the nosie sounds like he underwater when he attacks best sound ever
Bleach is the only thing i watched where i like some of the Eng VAs.
uryu , urahara, Gin, byakuya and ichigo brill VAs
Hmm nice topic..really
Gotta have to add in the latest Ichigonator cero sfx
Katen Kyokotsu (milf one) music when she appears .. in the Zampaktou arc (the one with the French Harmonium,well it does sound like " de la music francaise!")
Bleach - on Precipice of defeat
And yeah ...ICHIGONATOR ""i teared this b!tch's arm scream "" that was epic
i think it was episode 271
I love the Flash Step sound, and imo ''tmp'' doesn't convey the footstep sfx in the same manner. Something about it just sounds so cool to me.
EDIT: In general, I loved the sound in the Ichigonator fight too. It was suitably bleak for the subject matter. If his actions earned him the name ichigonator, then the soundtrack to the fight definitely cements it.