Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: How does Tezuka win a grand slam

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Tezuka win a grand slam

So we all know there's a picture of Tezuka winning a major when he's older (think it was Wimbledon?) Now Tezuka certainly is good enough, but given in POT literally anyone can suddenly have surpassed Tezuka, what kind of circumstance would be needed for Tezuka to actually win? We'll just stick to people we know right now that can plausibly turn out to be an obstacle.

Ryoma - Disqualified in the overall tournament for registering with a fake partner in the doubles.

Ryoga - Disqualified for faking to be a Tuben.

Byodoin - Challenged Volk to a duel to the death in a clifftop court and both fell down on a cliff that 'nobody could possibly survive' and was unable to make it back to the event on time.

Volk - See above.

QP - Out with an injury.

Irie - In jail for medical malpractice.

Oni - Decided to run an orphanage full time.

Kintaro/Sanda/Atobe - Loss to Tezuka in the actual event.

Yukimura - Turns out he wasn't cured after all, again, and missed the event.

Fuji - Found lying in a random court saying he totally defeated Tezuka this time.

Tokugawa - Already ended his career from excessive Black Hole usage.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How does Tezuka win a grand slam

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Fuji - Found lying in a random court saying he totally defeated Tezuka this time.
    This sentence alone earned you a thanks

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know its not a serious thread but Tezuka should be able to beat anyone except maybe Ryoma. Ryoma might retire at the ripe age of like 20-21 too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, if they just locked up coach Ryuzaki, then Tezuka only has to worry about Ryoma and Ryoga. I'm pretty sure coach Ryuzaki is the one most responsible for the 'random guy has totally surpassed Tezuka' deal.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Tezuka just need to surpass them again. No one can surpass Godzuka, except his arm.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But he might bust his shoulder or arm in the process of surpassing whoever just surpassed him again. Now that I think about it, I think Tezuka's arm is like rule of cartoon where you don't start falling until you noticed you're standing on nothing. Based on how effortlessly Tezuka can improve himself I really don't think all these crazy techniques take that much of a toll on him, so it's like Tezuka has his plan and figure out, and then someone like coach Ryuzaki or Oishi will be like "Tezuka what about your arm?" and Tezuka would be like "Oh yeah my arm noooooo!" and reaggrevates an old injury. I mean, he played Volk in a practice game and we can be sure Tezuka always goes all out, so how come he didn't mess up his arm in the game against Volk? Or during the entire time he's training in the German U17 camp that's presumably against guys much stronger than anyone he's faced before? Sure, Tezuka says he's not going to hurt himself again but I doubt you'll see him change his habits completely. The difference must be that none of the German guys are going "Kunimitsu what about your arm?" so he can just keep playing!

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Tezuka won't. Because he won the grand slam without any arm injury (shown in that color page). And thus, he surpass his arm.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously once Ryoma beat his father he gave up tennis and Tezuka beat everyone else.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

He's busy making the new prince of tennis with Sakuno.

New Reply