Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Bleach 617 by BadKarma , One Piece 777 by cnet128 , Gintama 531 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Soul King could be Aizen in a Looped Timeline

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The Soul King could be Aizen in a Looped Timeline

Okay, I've posted this in the predictions, but I thought it might be worth posting here...

Due to the striking resemblances between the Soul King and Butterflaizen, as well as ideas triggered by the new Terminator film trailer, I've come up with a theory that the Soul King may actually be a future version of Aizen that has managed to travel back in time to reshape the Soul Society. The Aizen we know could well be unaware that the Soul King is actually himself. Let's explore...

First of all, there's the undeniable similarity in appearance. Not only do they look similar in the fact that their transcendental, but they also have very similar facial features. This would be explained if they were one and the same.

Secondly, Butterflaizen possessed the ability to teleport; if you extend this ability, it would give him the ability to move through both space and time. Given the current state of affairs within the Soul Society, I doubt he'd want to rule it, so the best bet is to go back in time to the beginning and reshape the Soul Society as he sees fit. This would explain the time loop.

Thirdly, the Soul King and Royal Guards didn't really seem to give a crap when Aizen was slaughtering the Shinigami during the Arrancar arc, despite the fact that they could have crushed him well before when Ichibei realised the nature of his Zanpakutou. This could either be because he hadn't bifurcated Yama-Jii, or it could be because the Soul King knew that stopping Aizen would effectively result in his downfall. We also know that Aizen saw the Soul King; perhaps this is because the Soul King allowed Aizen to see him in order to start the chain of events that would eventually create him.

Fourthly, the Soul King's "shell" resembles the Hougyoko, perhaps because it IS the Hougyoko in a more advanced form after having fused with Aizen for thousands of years.

Fifthly, the Soul King has a deep interest in Ichigo and his development; this interest seems to be the exact same as Aizen's.

And the list goes on...basically, what I'm saying is that there's substantial evidence to suggest that this theory may in fact be true!

What do you guys think?
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Soul King could be Aizen in a Looped Timeline

idk. nobody can be in two places at the same time. Without even tackling the really big issues presented in your theory, there is still the problem that for your theory to work Aizen would be both the soul king and a captain in the gotei 13 at the same time.

Plus, you said aizen would go back and create SS as he sees fit. If so, then why would he make himself soul king, rule over SS and keep everything the same. His going back in time, would change the present SS and so all the events in the manga would be different.

The soul king and RG didnt care because they are all insanely more powerful than butterflaizen. Plus, Aizen would've never been able to recreate a royal key to gain access to RR because he wouldve needed the actual bones of the RG.

There is an uncanny resemblance between the two but this could be easily explained by the hokygoku. The hokygoku itself may have been based on something similiar that the soul king has himself. This would mean that Aizen was trying to copy the soul king's power, not the other way around.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't think aizen looking like the soul king is in itself that significant. Sure, there is a meaning behind it but I don't think it is some grand thing as what you are suggested. The fact is that aizen was using the orb to grant his wish. His wish to become the soul king, god of the world. So aizen looked like the soul king because that was his wish. The transformations we saw probably mimicked the stages of becoming the soul king itself and we might see juhabach or someone else go through something like that soon enough. Aizen being in a time loop would be a pretty respectable mindfuck though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know. It would be odd if Aizen, cunning as he is, saw the kind of trouble Yhwach would cause and was still this powerless when the Quincy made their move. He would have to have gone back in time knowing that his "son" (which may or may not be literal) would make a mess out of his kingdom, and that the Quincy were living in the shadows for 1000 years, etc. I guess how much sense it makes depends on how things play out now, but if the SK knew everything that has happened with the Wandenreich was going to happen, he was a bit silly for not helping his underlings do a better job. But then who knows, maybe he works in 'mysterious ways'...

New Reply