Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's Immortality

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's Immortality

For quite some time I be wondering if Ichigo really is immortal....With Zaraki had a fight and he was to close to be dead. Is a fact that Ichigo really dies by Ulquiorra and he comes back...this are all backgrounds.

IN the last manga was the most clear prove to me, Ichibei tells to Ichigo that he took " a part of his power" to come back to life.....power not rieatsu!

Please comment! !

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's Immortality

Dunno about immortal. The closest we have seen to god in the manga is the soul king and he is presumably pretty killable. Ichigo has been in some murky situations but rather than immortal I would think he simply is hard to kill because of the whole of his powers. In particular I would think that the combination of quincy and hollow powers he has going on allows him to survive improbable situations. In fact, we know that blut vene kept him alive while fighting kenpachi. We have seen the quincy being basically torn apart and put themselves back together. Nodt, giselle and a few others have taken several holes and fix them on blut vene alone. So if ichigo has blut vene from being a quincy and regeneration from being a hollow (although he has not quite mastered his hollow powers, he rarely showcases them) then it makes sense normally lethal wounds would be less than effective.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Dunno about immortal. The closest we have seen to god in the manga is the soul king and he is presumably pretty killable. Ichigo has been in some murky situations but rather than immortal I would think he simply is hard to kill because of the whole of his powers. In particular I would think that the combination of quincy and hollow powers he has going on allows him to survive improbable situations. In fact, we know that blut vene kept him alive while fighting kenpachi. We have seen the quincy being basically torn apart and put themselves back together. Nodt, giselle and a few others have taken several holes and fix them on blut vene alone. So if ichigo has blut vene from being a quincy and regeneration from being a hollow (although he has not quite mastered his hollow powers, he rarely showcases them) then it makes sense normally lethal wounds would be less than effective.
    I wonder if ichigo will be using his hollow powers more now since he no longer fears them like he did before? Now that he knows his hollow powers are one with his shinigami powers, hopefully he'll be bringing back the full hollow mask with horns.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiyanindo View Post
    I wonder if ichigo will be using his hollow powers more now since he no longer fears them like he did before? Now that he knows his hollow powers are one with his shinigami powers, hopefully he'll be bringing back the full hollow mask with horns.
    I doubt it to be honest. I would argue that for a while not he has been using them just as much as before, they simply aren't manifested the same way. Ichigo basically stopped using the mask when black zangetsu ripped white zangetsu from within ichigo and the two fused. And now ichigo got a zampakuto where he put black and white zangetsu. Basically, ichigo is already manifesting the full blunt of his hollow powers through his zampakuto. There is no need for him to use a mask to draw out his hollow powers. I do miss the mask though. The question would be his other hollow powers. It would be interesting if he uses cero or HSR. Although it is possible that his GT already counts as a cero variation and that is it for him. If he is manifesting the whole of his hollow powers through his zampakuto then perhaps it would make sense that he is unable to use HSR... He would have blut to make up for that though.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I doubt it to be honest. I would argue that for a while not he has been using them just as much as before, they simply aren't manifested the same way. Ichigo basically stopped using the mask when black zangetsu ripped white zangetsu from within ichigo and the two fused. And now ichigo got a zampakuto where he put black and white zangetsu. Basically, ichigo is already manifesting the full blunt of his hollow powers through his zampakuto. There is no need for him to use a mask to draw out his hollow powers. I do miss the mask though. The question would be his other hollow powers. It would be interesting if he uses cero or HSR. Although it is possible that his GT already counts as a cero variation and that is it for him. If he is manifesting the whole of his hollow powers through his zampakuto then perhaps it would make sense that he is unable to use HSR... He would have blut to make up for that though.

I thought about his attacks merely coming from his zanpakuto as well. The theory makes sense because before now, he never had a real zanpakuto until he received an actual asauchi. So, anytime he wanted to use his hollow/shinigami powers they were stored in his actual body. But now that he has a real zanpakuto, his attacks should be stored in there.

But isnt a zanpakuto merely the imprint of your soul in a sword? Doesn't this mean that the powers bestowed to the weapon are powers possessed within the actual shinigami's body?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiyanindo View Post
    I thought about his attacks merely coming from his zanpakuto as well. The theory makes sense because before now, he never had a real zanpakuto until he received an actual asauchi. So, anytime he wanted to use his hollow/shinigami powers they were stored in his actual body. But now that he has a real zanpakuto, his attacks should be stored in there.

But isnt a zanpakuto merely the imprint of your soul in a sword? Doesn't this mean that the powers bestowed to the weapon are powers possessed within the actual shinigami's body?
    I think it would mkae sense that it goes a tad deeper than an imprint. Perhaps that logic would work better with shikai only. Bankai in turn has something which makes me think it works differently than something superficial. When a bankai breaks you can basically restore the asauchi but the damage the bankai takes is permanent unless fixed by nimaiya. If the whole thing was a simple imprint then fixing it shouldn't be so difficult. To me it seems like bankai is an actual part of your soul brought to the physical world. And when it takes damage so does your actual soul.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the impression that the Ichibei healing from nothing thing was thanks mostly to his power over names Ichigo was merely used at a catalyst to aid in a power Ichibei himself already possesses and thus he just borrowed some spirit energy to fuel it.

I just can't imagine Ichigo getting blown to bits like that and coming back to life.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ichibei does say that given both their powers him being able to put himself back together is a logical conclusion. So... Whatever we saw is plausible because of both their powers. Assuming ichibei is able to draw other people's powers (which he did through his battle with juhabach) then it makes sense that he put himself back together thanks to ichigo. Although we really understand little about ichibei's power at this point.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member druzod's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichibei being brought back to life was unexpected. What I don't understand is why JuhaBach didin't obliterate Ichibei's entire body and soul, like he did to Yamamoto.
    That way, it will have avoided Ichibei being resurrected, I think it is quite strange from the "Almighty" who can see everything.
    Release the World Engine!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who cares if Ichibei gets resurrected. The time spent erasing him is time not spent killing the Soul King.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Ichibei restoring himself was his own ability, it's just that he used Ichigo's power to charge it. If it was specifically Ichigo's power that had to be used, it could be to do with Ichigo's name - 'Ichigo' which shares 'Ichi' (meaning 1) with 'Ichibei', and Kurosaki which has 'Kuro' in it, which means black, and black is the source of Ichibei's power. Alternatively he simply used Ichigo's power reserves to fuel himself because Ichigo is strong enough that it wouldn't harm him to do so. It seems that Ichibei is able to use the power of his own name on anyone who happens to say it out loud - with Yhwach Ichibei used the power in his name to hurt Yhwach's throat, and with Ichigo he used it to sap Ichigo's power. That's how I think of it anyway, it's actually an interesting idea that he borrowed immortality from Ichigo.

That said, I don't think Ichigo is immortal, just very lucky. Surviving Zaraki was explained as Yhwagetsu using some form of Blut to stop Ichigo's bleeding. With Ulquiorra, I guess what happened was that the hole blasted into Ichigo's chest didn't quite kill him, and so his Inner Hollow took over his body and transformed it into a form that could survive with a hole in its chest, i.e. a Hollow. It wasn't my favourite development to be honest, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, as special as Ichigo is, there's no real reason for him to be immortal just because he has traits of all the soul types, all of which are themselves mortal. Well, I say that, but we've never actually seen any evidence that Hollows age and die naturally. So who knows? Ichigo clearly does age though.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I think Ichibei restoring himself was his own ability, it's just that he used Ichigo's power to charge it. If it was specifically Ichigo's power that had to be used, it could be to do with Ichigo's name - 'Ichigo' which shares 'Ichi' (meaning 1) with 'Ichibei', and Kurosaki which has 'Kuro' in it, which means black, and black is the source of Ichibei's power. Alternatively he simply used Ichigo's power reserves to fuel himself because Ichigo is strong enough that it wouldn't harm him to do so. It seems that Ichibei is able to use the power of his own name on anyone who happens to say it out loud - with Yhwach Ichibei used the power in his name to hurt Yhwach's throat, and with Ichigo he used it to sap Ichigo's power. That's how I think of it anyway, it's actually an interesting idea that he borrowed immortality from Ichigo.

That said, I don't think Ichigo is immortal, just very lucky. Surviving Zaraki was explained as Yhwagetsu using some form of Blut to stop Ichigo's bleeding. With Ulquiorra, I guess what happened was that the hole blasted into Ichigo's chest didn't quite kill him, and so his Inner Hollow took over his body and transformed it into a form that could survive with a hole in its chest, i.e. a Hollow. It wasn't my favourite development to be honest, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, as special as Ichigo is, there's no real reason for him to be immortal just because he has traits of all the soul types, all of which are themselves mortal. Well, I say that, but we've never actually seen any evidence that Hollows age and die naturally. So who knows? Ichigo clearly does age though.
    I don't know why some still think that white is a typical hollow. Didn't Nijima already confirm that White is an Asauchi and by stuffing a hollow with shinigami hearts you get an Asauchi. And it so happens that Ichigo's Asauchi uses hollow techniques.

I still think Ichigo is immortal in some way. He survived without a heart and part of his lungs being blown off. Then White uses a technique which resembles Inoues time reverse technique to heal Ichigo whereas Ulquiorra question weather it is instand regeration or not? If we compare the healing technique that White used in berserk mode against the Vaizards and the healing technique White used to revive ichigo we can see that the later technqiue resembles Inoue's more than the instand regerneration Ulquiorra and Berserk White used before.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-807-11/...apter-353.html
    This doesn't look like instant regeneration or?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-674-2/b...apter-220.html
    Here White uses high speed regeneration which hopefully shows that the technique used to revive Ichigo is more like Inoue's and Hachi's then that of the regeneration of hollow's like Ulquiorra and so on.

So if White can really use techniques such as time reversal than yeah he pretty much is unkillable.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ihimeHeals.png
    Here is Inoue's healing technique.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    I don't know why some still think that white is a typical hollow. Didn't Nijima already confirm that White is an Asauchi and by stuffing a hollow with shinigami hearts you get an Asauchi. And it so happens that Ichigo's Asauchi uses hollow techniques.
    Well yeah, but I'm not sure how what I said contradicts that? Plus, it's not quite accurate to say that White is an Asauchi. It's composed in a similar way to Asauchi is what Nimaiya said, in that it's made from dead souls, and it functions similarly in the way its purpose was to bond with its host's soul. White didn't become an actual Asauchi until Nimaiya gave Ichigo an Asauchi to choose.

On your other points, Ichigo should absolutely have been dead after having his torso holepunched, but it doesn't seem that he actually died because even while he was lying there not moving he was still hearing Orihime's screams, which is what helped trigger the Hollow to take over. The time reversal idea is interesting actually, but I don't know if it's the case. Thinking about it, what I guess that whole Hollowfication was was an example of White bonding to Ichigo's other powers. His Bankai's ability is to wrap its power around Ichigo's body, and the Hollowfication seems to be a case of White doing the same - wrapping itself around Ichigo. The panels where his hole is healed look to me like White coming off of Ichigo's body and then flying back inside of it, repairing the damage as it does it.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; December 31, 2014 at 02:26 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Well yeah, but I'm not sure how what I said contradicts that? Plus, it's not quite accurate to say that White is an Asauchi. It's composed in a similar way to Asauchi is what Nimaiya said, in that it's made from dead souls, and it functions similarly in the way its purpose was to bond with its host's soul. White didn't become an actual Asauchi until Nimaiya gave Ichigo an Asauchi to choose.

On your other points, Ichigo should absolutely have been dead after having his torso holepunched, but it doesn't seem that he actually died because even while he was lying there not moving he was still hearing Orihime's screams, which is what helped trigger the Hollow to take over. The time reversal idea is interesting actually, but I don't know if it's the case. Thinking about it, what I guess that whole Hollowfication was was an example of White bonding to Ichigo's other powers. His Bankai's ability is to wrap its power around Ichigo's body, and the Hollowfication seems to be a case of White doing the same - wrapping itself around Ichigo. The panels where his hole is healed look to me like White coming off of Ichigo's body and then flying back inside of it, repairing the damage as it does it.
    My post was not inteded to be an attack on you. I only stated what I understood from Nijima. Like Ichigo Toshirou also had an Asauchi in himself before even getting a zan so how is White any different from Hyonimaru. The only difference is that Hyonimaru is ice based and White is hollow based. Ichigo was an exception to all others in the way that he was letting his Asauchi reside inside his body instead of his zan which should have made Ichigo's body the zan. The whole character and powers of ichigo is a bit complicated.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    My post was not inteded to be an attack on you. I only stated what I understood from Nijima. Like Ichigo Toshirou also had an Asauchi in himself before even getting a zan so how is White any different from Hyonimaru. The only difference is that Hyonimaru is ice based and White is hollow based. Ichigo was an exception to all others in the way that he was letting his Asauchi reside inside his body instead of his zan which should have made Ichigo's body the zan. The whole character and powers of ichigo is a bit complicated.
    Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were responding to something I said about White.

The way I understood it, the Hyourinmaru that was manifesting in Hitsugaya was his Zanpakuto spirit. The Asauchi would just be the empty sword that Hitsugaya eventually bonded with and transferred Hyourinmaru into. The whole Asauchi thing is a bit mysterious though, Nimaiya never explained what those eye-mouth things he made Ichigo and Renji fight actually were and how they become the swords that get sent down to Seireitei. But anyway I'm guessing Hitsugaya was an odd case in having Hyourinmaru exist like that without a Zanpakuto, but it's not quite the same as Ichigo because Ichigo's powers manifested completely into an actual sword. Maybe Hitsugaya wasn't so unusual though, before Zans were invented others must have had their Zan spirits (before they were actually called Zan spirits I mean) coming through their bodies instead of a sword.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast