Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Ichigo also a part of the rare quincy bloodline?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Infinity Edge's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Ichigo also a part of the rare quincy bloodline?

I just noticed that Jugo as in Hashwalth's name can be pronounced "Yugo"
    which would interestingly make him have his name starting with the same sound as Juha. Moreover, "Ichigo" is also starting with those "i" and "j" sounds (I know that "i" is a vowel and "j" is consonant but that's not the point here). So that would tie them all together, possibly because they all have the rare quincy bloodline?

Ichigo is a quincy but he doesn't project any quincy abilities, what leads people to believe in that theory.
    Quote Quote:
    He stood deathly still before her, like a shard of ice hanging from a rooftop. She couldn’t be sure when he’d strike. Even Gray didn’t seem sure of his motives. Of his actions. He could kill her at any moment, so then why was he taking his time? She held her breath when he lowered his face towards hers, his lips skating by her cheek so he could speak directly in her ear.

“Who are you?” he asked.
    by immortalpromise

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Ichigo also a part of the rare quincy bloodline?

Well, ichigo does "project" quincy abilities. He has already used blutz a few times and more importantly one of his zampakuto represents specifically quincy powers. Now, it does seem like there is some stuff he is not using (hirenkyaku, reishi absorption remains unmentioned, holy arrows and volstandig is mostly an induced state so he can't really learn it) but that does not mean he is not using quincy powers. I do think it is very likely that ichigo, like juhabach, jugram and probably ishida, has the ability to give to others. However that does not necessarily point towards a special bloodline. In his case he can probably give to others due to his combination of powers. In turn the others getting the ability to give to others seems more like a chance thing. Assuming bloodlines... they all descend from juhabach anyways. And considering ishida is a mixed blood quincy of rare talent so far its likely bloodiness themselves aren't that important to begin with.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Infinity Edge's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, ichigo does "project" quincy abilities. He has already used blutz a few times and more importantly one of his zampakuto represents specifically quincy powers. Now, it does seem like there is some stuff he is not using (hirenkyaku, reishi absorption remains unmentioned, holy arrows and volstandig is mostly an induced state so he can't really learn it) but that does not mean he is not using quincy powers.
    Well we can all agree that his use of the quincy abilities is at least somewhat impaired. He should've been able to notice that he is a quincy with all the reishi absorbtion and manipulation ability throughout his childhood. I assume it would be like finding out you're an mutant in the X-men series. However, Ichigo never found out by himsef until Juha started making his moves.

Quote Quote:
    I do think it is very likely that ichigo, like juhabach, jugram and probably ishida, has the ability to give to others. However that does not necessarily point towards a special bloodline. In his case he can probably give to others due to his combination of powers. In turn the others getting the ability to give to others seems more like a chance thing. Assuming bloodlines... they all descend from juhabach anyways. And considering ishida is a mixed blood quincy of rare talent so far its likely bloodiness themselves aren't that important to begin with.
    Imo it would be more suitable for him to have the power to take away from quincies, with the way he beaten Uryuu and the considering how it could help him in defeating Juha in the end. I suppose he would probably need to stay in contact with the quincy which he is "taking away" from for a longer time.
    Now that I think about it, that could also explain why Uryuu treats him like he does, in this last arc.
    I don't think you can deny the existence of the rare quincy bloodline, which is what I am understanding you are trying to say. Juha himself has the power to give and then take. Now we find out that Hashwalth always had the power to give. It's confirmed that this ability is rare among the quincies and those who posess it are also disfigured in some kind of way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

We won't know until he tries to make a bow or use any other Quincy ability.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post
    Well we can all agree that his use of the quincy abilities is at least somewhat impaired. He should've been able to notice that he is a quincy with all the reishi absorbtion and manipulation ability throughout his childhood. I assume it would be like finding out you're an mutant in the X-men series. However, Ichigo never found out by himsef until Juha started making his moves.

Imo it would be more suitable for him to have the power to take away from quincies, with the way he beaten Uryuu and the considering how it could help him in defeating Juha in the end. I suppose he would probably need to stay in contact with the quincy which he is "taking away" from for a longer time.
    Now that I think about it, that could also explain why Uryuu treats him like he does, in this last arc.
    I don't think you can deny the existence of the rare quincy bloodline, which is what I am understanding you are trying to say. Juha himself has the power to give and then take. Now we find out that Hashwalth always had the power to give. It's confirmed that this ability is rare among the quincies and those who posess it are also disfigured in some kind of way.
    Not necessarily. As a child he had power, we know he leaked reiatsu, but the manga has made the point that his specific powers have activated at specific points. His shinigami powers were the first to be activated due to rukia. With the shinigami powers came the hollow powers. And then his quincy powers awakened when kirge trapped him and escaped.

Well, a quincy who is only able to take away would be more or less like a quincy with simple regular absorption. Sure, not all quincy can give their soul or power to take back but the basic difference between juhabach and jugram with other quincy is that they give power rather than absorb it (as pointed out by juhabach). With that logic the idea that ishida is a quincy that can only take is flawed on multiple angles and simply does not work.

As far as a special bloodline, my point would be that there is no evidence supporting the notion. Special bloodlines between quincy are simply a moot point. At least if we believe juhabach he is the common ancestor of all quincy. With that in mind, how do you get special bloodlines when all quincy are connected to him? Unless the issue is that the special bloodline does not relate to juhabach however that does not make too much sense because juhabaach would apparently have the trait of the special bloodline.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo probably part of something bigger than the special Quincy. Asides from him having all the abilities, we also know he gives out power like yhwach/Jugram. Interestingly, all 3 of them seem to do this in different ways. Yhwach gives out his soul via blood, Jugram somehow empowers others (likely not reiatsu since he couldn't absorb reishi while young) and Ichigo leaked reiatsu as well as empowering those around him. Ishida is actually the odd one out so far but maybe his own thing hasn't kicked in yet. Anyway, Ichigo unlike yhwach and Jugram, is a hybrid. Somehow, he doesn't seem to be more of either side (Shinigami/Quincy), though he relied exclusively on Shinigami powers initially. Yhwach and Jugram on the other hand are very clearly Quincy. As for the bloodline, I'm not sure it matters much. According to yhwach, all Quincy originated from him. There are probably just a few special ones along the way.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo doesn't need yet another thing to make him special if you ask me, but it's possible. Back when he and Uryu teamed up against that Menos, Uryu planned to borrow some of Ichigo's power to create an uber Heilig Pfeil, but was shocked by just how much power Ichigo gave him. That could be a hint. There is the thing of him being said to boost Orihime and Chad with his leaky reiatsu, but since hearing that we've also been told that it was the Hogyoku, that Chad is a natural born Fullbringer, and now we find out that certain Quincy have this ability, bringing up the possibility that Uryu is the one making it happen. I'd say later information is more trustworthy, so for now imo the Hogyoku is the most likely explanation.

Another point is that IIRC, the biggest boosts in power Ichigo's friends have had have all been in his absence. Chad got stronger by training with Urahara and then the Fullbringers, Orihime got stronger between Ichigo losing his powers and the Fullbring arc, and Uryu did all his pre-Hueco Mundo training with Ryuken.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ishida being the one responsible might be plausible but didn't chad/inoue start showing their abilities before Ishida became an ally? I'm not exactly sure though. If so, then it can't really be attributed to Ishida especially since he hardly had any connection to them unlike Ichigo

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ishida being the one responsible might be plausible but didn't chad/inoue start showing their abilities before Ishida became an ally? I'm not exactly sure though. If so, then it can't really be attributed to Ishida especially since he hardly had any connection to them unlike Ichigo
    There is something slightly weird about ishida being capable of giving to others as juhabach and jugram. Based on what we know from juhabach and jugo we can infer that there can be side effects to the whole giving thing the quincy do. Juhabach was born a half dead baby and it was only through giving and taking back that he eventually got healthy and powerful. Jugram in turn was giving but could not take back and the result was that he could originally not develop any power.

With this in mind there are two things that would be probable about jugo: He would have eventually given so much that he would have died and his balance thing was probably done to counteract his own ability. If jugo is about balance and he can't take from others then a balance to even things out makes a lot of sense. Juhabach gives and eventually retrieves. In turn jugram gives but in exchange of something. Which is how he would have presumably been able to eventually develop his own powers. Adding to that, the balance thing makes sense with jugo and juhabach exchanging their positions at night. Jugo gives the whole of his power to juhabach and night and to balance it out juhabach gives the whole of his power to jugo.

Now, where does ishida fall? If he was giving without collecting then it probably means there would have been some side effect to his giving as was initially the case with jugo and juhabach. However the manga has not actually shown this. Ryuken made the point that ishida was talentless however actual evidence suggests ishida was a genius quincy. Who developed extremely well for that matter. The alternative would be that from the beginning he was collecting and giving so to speak but we have hardly seen any indication that such a thing has happened. Unless he was a more complete version of jugo to begin with. Then again he has the same letter as juhabach...

So perhaps his brand of giving was similar to juhabach's to begin with but with less side effects? As in him collecting didn't mean the immediate death of his subordinates. So he has been giving and colleting unknowingly from the start without hurting anyone. Which would be how he surpasses juhabach.

Now, if uryu and ichigo were both giving and they add to that the effects of the orb it kinda makes sense that everyone around them turned into powerful people. If chad is to be useful then he would need at least the power to surpass a captain. And a human achieving that in less than 3 years is incredible. Realistically speaking even the level of a 3rd seat in a few decades should be insane, at least by shinigami standards. And then chad within a few months became someone that surpassed the VCs. Now he should easily be at least captain class, specially if his fullbring is fully developed.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There is something slightly weird about ishida being capable of giving to others as juhabach and jugram. Based on what we know from juhabach and jugo we can infer that there can be side effects to the whole giving thing the quincy do. Juhabach was born a half dead baby and it was only through giving and taking back that he eventually got healthy and powerful. Jugram in turn was giving but could not take back and the result was that he could originally not develop any power.

With this in mind there are two things that would be probable about jugo: He would have eventually given so much that he would have died and his balance thing was probably done to counteract his own ability. If jugo is about balance and he can't take from others then a balance to even things out makes a lot of sense. Juhabach gives and eventually retrieves. In turn jugram gives but in exchange of something. Which is how he would have presumably been able to eventually develop his own powers. Adding to that, the balance thing makes sense with jugo and juhabach exchanging their positions at night. Jugo gives the whole of his power to juhabach and night and to balance it out juhabach gives the whole of his power to jugo.

Now, where does ishida fall? If he was giving without collecting then it probably means there would have been some side effect to his giving as was initially the case with jugo and juhabach. However the manga has not actually shown this. Ryuken made the point that ishida was talentless however actual evidence suggests ishida was a genius quincy. Who developed extremely well for that matter. The alternative would be that from the beginning he was collecting and giving so to speak but we have hardly seen any indication that such a thing has happened. Unless he was a more complete version of jugo to begin with. Then again he has the same letter as juhabach...

So perhaps his brand of giving was similar to juhabach's to begin with but with less side effects? As in him collecting didn't mean the immediate death of his subordinates. So he has been giving and colleting unknowingly from the start without hurting anyone. Which would be how he surpasses juhabach.

Now, if uryu and ichigo were both giving and they add to that the effects of the orb it kinda makes sense that everyone around them turned into powerful people. If chad is to be useful then he would need at least the power to surpass a captain. And a human achieving that in less than 3 years is incredible. Realistically speaking even the level of a 3rd seat in a few decades should be insane, at least by shinigami standards. And then chad within a few months became someone that surpassed the VCs. Now he should easily be at least captain class, specially if his fullbring is fully developed.
    Well Ishida's repercussions (assuming he has been giving) might have something to do with his low fighting ability. Sure he seems to be a pretty good Quincy, even earning praise from Mayuri back when they fought. However both Ryuuken and Kirge felt his skills were far from satisfactory. Perhaps he has been largely held back because he was giving power or maybe some other unique ability that we aren't aware of yet. Like you said, he might have been a more balanced version hence why he was able to attain exceptional skills even by Quincy standards though Ryuuken/Kirge obviously thought differently (and with good reason seeing as he hardly matches up to the SR before his inclusion). It's likely a similar situation to Ichigo in that he hasn't been able to access whatever special thing he has and perhaps needed Yhwach's help with that. Yhwach must have aided Jugram too. His ability should be something superior to even Yhwach's method (which is currently the most efficient we know of) seeing as Yhwach himself admitted to that and yhwach didn't even seem to understand what it was unlike with Jugram where he was completely aware of Jugram's situation.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hannibal Psyche's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Ichigo doesn't need yet another thing to make him special if you ask me, but it's possible. Back when he and Uryu teamed up against that Menos, Uryu planned to borrow some of Ichigo's power to create an uber Heilig Pfeil, but was shocked by just how much power Ichigo gave him. That could be a hint. There is the thing of him being said to boost Orihime and Chad with his leaky reiatsu, but since hearing that we've also been told that it was the Hogyoku, that Chad is a natural born Fullbringer, and now we find out that certain Quincy have this ability, bringing up the possibility that Uryu is the one making it happen. I'd say later information is more trustworthy, so for now imo the Hogyoku is the most likely explanation.

Another point is that IIRC, the biggest boosts in power Ichigo's friends have had have all been in his absence. Chad got stronger by training with Urahara and then the Fullbringers, Orihime got stronger between Ichigo losing his powers and the Fullbring arc, and Uryu did all his pre-Hueco Mundo training with Ryuken.
    Doesn't the Hogyoku catalyse one's power? So, it could be both the hogyoku and Ichigo's ability worked in tandem?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genjil View Post
    Doesn't the Hogyoku catalyse one's power? So, it could be both the hogyoku and Ichigo's ability worked in tandem?
    Maybe, but the Hogyoku responds to a person's desires. So unless Ichigo actively wanted his power to increase, which there was no reason for him to do until Renji wrecked him and they took Rukia away, I don't know if the Hogyoku would've done anything for his power. Dunno though, maybe his general need to "protect blah blah" translated into the Hogyoku boosting an ability to give them strength so they could protect themselves. I'd still argue that if the Hogyoku was active it would just have responded to their individual desires though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

What is interesting about this idea is that it was stated in the series that when Ichigo awakened his powers, people around him (Orihime, Chad, etc.) began to awaken theirs. Unbeknownst to Ichigo himself. As if he kickstarted their development. So maybe there is something to it, though Ichigo probably not the exact same as Haschwalt

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zsych's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could well be that Orihime and Sado's powers are a result of Ichigo empowering them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Psyche View Post
    Very likely, since the Hougyoku was stated to make one´s power grow and evolve according to it´s own capacity and under it was stated to have limitations regarding the part of at least one´s power having to be able to reach a level that the Hougyoku can help catalyse to achieve such level http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/401/12.

Maybe Ichigo gave them part of his soul and they developped their own powers and then with rukia involved with the hougyoku in her as well, served to catalyse their powers, now that I think about it, this would be very similar to Bazz B´s case where he had quincy powers related to Juha first and then by being with Jugo that worked as catalyst for his own already existent powers to grow.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast