Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Translations: One Piece 786 by cnet128 , Bleach 626 by cnet128 , Gintama 542 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who kills frosch?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail Who kills frosch?

Well, the manga just conveniently had a 1 year time skip. And as far as Future rogue told us Frosch would die around one year from when the eclipse gate was destroyed. In other words the manga will soon deal with what actually led to the death's of everyone. So.... the question is what exactly happens now.

Rogue mentions that the world is ruled by acknologia. But we also know that there is a darkness calling out out to rogue so to speak. What is this darkness? Is there another future rogue? It kinda seems like there is one... Does future rogue create himself by killing frosch? How is this connected to zeref and acknologia if at all? It all seems to be related to acknologia considering it is him that rules over the world in the future...

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Holt; March 27, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who kills frosch?

The future he spoke about will not happen if you ask me. "Our" reality is a completely different timeline than the one F-Rogue came from. There is no proof that history will "repeat" itself.

Sure it is convenient that exactly one year has passed but if it would've been more, FT would be likely to vanish from the world for good.
    The main plot point that is left is END and how Gray will try to kill it/Natsu in the end.
    I can't shake off the feeling that they get everyone apart from Gray and Juvia back.

Apart from that, weren't Lucys friends killed because of the 10k dragons? At least that is what F-Lucy told everyone.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I believe that future wouldn't happen. Well we would probably deal with the situation that would have led to it but it would ultimately be prevented. So frosh doesn't die and there's no evil future rogue. He wouldn't stand a chance against Natsu anyway.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that future will happen either but the possible killer is interesting to discuss. I was thinking it was Rogue's dark side or Natsu as END that could have done it. Though, evil Rogue didn't seem too intent on getting revenge, did he? And by dark side, I mean that shadow (I forgot whose shadow it was though ) that was influencing whats-his-name when he was fighting Gajeel.

Lord, I have a shitty memory in regards to this. :\

Same

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShenGao's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is one (of many) time travel theory/-ies (Novikov self-consistency principle) that says: "No matter what you try to change in the past, the future will always be the same." According to that theory it doesn't matter that the time gate was destroyed by Natsu or that the future Rogue didn't succed with his plans to kill Acnologia with mindcontrolled dragons. Frosch will die and future Rogue will be reborn to try and change the future/present through a time travel but fail again and again.

As to who kills Frosch: I am on the same side with kkck that there is another future Rogue or that the darkness that called out to him made him kill Frosch so that future/evil Rogue could be born. As to what that darkness is i think it has something to do with the recent chapter and Zeref, that Zeref starts to turn all the humans evil and normal thugs or gangs round up huge armys to kill innocent people.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, former future rogue's last words were to tell his past self to protect frosch since he is supposed to die about a year from then (basically now). And not all plot points regarding the eclipse events were solved. There was yet another rogue lurking around and to boot there were also multiple futures to consider into the whole thing.
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/333/4

Neither scenario was good although both of them did require eclipse. Anyways, if all the possible futures involving eclipse were removed and frosch death is related to eclipse then why would frosch be in any danger so that future rogue needs to warn natsu? Also worth noting:
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/333/4

In future rogue's original future lucy did close the gates. And then acknologia ruled the world. There weren't seven dragons in that future....And acknologia took over. Acknologia is as much of a threat as ever, the only difference being that igneel in this timeline took its arm (which might or not be a thing in the future). Right now this is a new future unlike the other 2 but acknologia remains as much a threat as ever and zeref is still around.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShenGao View Post
    There is one (of many) time travel theory/-ies (Novikov self-consistency principle) that says: "No matter what you try to change in the past, the future will always be the same." According to that theory it doesn't matter that the time gate was destroyed by Natsu or that the future Rogue didn't succed with his plans to kill Acnologia with mindcontrolled dragons. Frosch will die and future Rogue will be reborn to try and change the future/present through a time travel but fail again and again.
    In F-Lucys story, the FT members were dead/killed by those dragons an July 7th 791.
    So the main story is clearly in a different timeline.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Stiltzkin's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

like kkck said, Fairy Tail now has created a new future
    Fairy Tail current timeline neither 1st or 2nd future from http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/333/4
    so I think Frosch wouldn't be killed
    I'm kupo for Kupo Nuts, kupo!

Next Straw Hat Pirate crew will be Jinbe & Kuzan!
    "the former enemy/ villain/ boss character = new nakama"

Spoiler: ―Straw Hat Pirate― Luffy + 10 nakama show

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, odds are that frosch won't actually get killed in this new timeline, the issue is just who exactly killed him in the other one. The timeline rogue came from was one where eclipse was closed before dragons could come out of it. And then years later acknologia was the king of dragons. Basically acknologia did as he pleased and he ended up the king of the world. In essence it is not yet a significantly different timeline from this one. Whatever acknologia did in that timeline he is attempting to do in this one. So whatever it is likely that whatever it is that acknologia did that lead to frosch dying has not yet been averted. In this timeline though it makes sense that frosch would be saved though.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we're ever going to have that addressed. It's just a plot point from another timeline. With events having already strayed so much from the path of F-Lucy's world, there are likely to be very few events that align.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I doubt we're ever going to have that addressed. It's just a plot point from another timeline. With events having already strayed so much from the path of F-Lucy's world, there are likely to be very few events that align.
    Thats not from future lucy's world, its from the future rogue natsu fought. And rogue came from a future ruled by acknologia. Is there any particular reason for us to think that specific future has been averted? Rogue warned natsu about frosch dying a year from then. The time has passed and acknologia is still presumably going strong.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Thats not from future lucy's world, its from the future rogue natsu fought. And rogue came from a future ruled by acknologia. Is there any particular reason for us to think that specific future has been averted? Rogue warned natsu about frosch dying a year from then. The time has passed and acknologia is still presumably going strong.
    Acnologia exists. That doesn't mean too much when it comes to very specific events that occurred in another timeline, particularly when they were pretty vague to begin with. As soon as F-Lucy and F-Rogue showed up, the timelines diverged. Subsequent events would be altered, and over time the differences between the timelines would become even greater. The thing is, even if Frosch has a close encounter with death, or is killed, there isn't anyway for us to confirm that that event is consistent with that from the other timeline without someone from that timeline confirming it. In other words, unless we plan to throw in some more time travel and put some focus on a minor character that few readers are even remotely concerned about...it's just going to be something that popped up in a previous arc. I honestly don't imagine that it's going to be worth the effort. Unless he's somehow central to some arc involving FT, which seems pretty unlikely.
    Last edited by Impossibility; February 28, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Acnologia exists. That doesn't mean too much when it comes to very specific events that occurred in another timeline, particularly when they were pretty vague to begin with. As soon as F-Lucy and F-Rogue showed up, the timelines diverged. Subsequent events would be altered, and over time the differences between the timelines would become even greater. The thing is, even if Frosch has a close encounter with death, or is killed, there isn't anyway for us to confirm that that event is consistent with that from the other timeline without someone from that timeline confirming it. In other words, unless we plan to throw in some more time travel and put some focus on a minor character that few readers are even remotely concerned about...it's just going to be something that popped up in a previous arc. I honestly don't imagine that it's going to be worth the effort. Unless he's somehow central to some arc involving FT, which seems pretty unlikely.
    Of course it does. Yes, there are different timelines however they diverge at a very specific point, the moment where eclipse opens. With each timeline producing a different result. Future lucy's timeline had the 10000 dragons potentially restarting the age of dragons and whatnot. Future rogue's timeline had the eclipse gates closed by lucy and acknologia took over. This timeline had 7 dragons, eclipse was closed and destroyed. Now, given what we know, how does it affect acknologia? Have his plans changed from one timeline or the other? Does the appearance and disappearance of the seven dragons which he never saw change his plans in regards to no dragons appearing at all? There is a possibility that it is indeed the case however we don't really have any reason to think that. The way the events unfolded acknologia's and zeref's plans are unchanged in regards to future rogue's future as far as we know. The difference in the timeline should not be as much in what zeref and acknologia want to do but rather how the good guys will act. There is no need for time travel, its a simple matter of zeref and aknologia doing their thing and whatever lead to frosch being killed in the other timeline.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShenGao View Post
    But there are different possible futures that will occur. Future Lucy's era is still the same, but because of her coming back, Ultear's sacrifice, and Rogue, there's at least one another future that will happen. Frosch will still likely be alive because Rogue and Natsu are better prepared to protect him, so there can be another alternate timeline where Rogue does not go evil, and Fairy Tail survives.

Think DBZ, when future Trunks went back to his timeline at the end of Cell Saga. It was still the same as before he left, but he finally got the power to kill the Androids and Cell. And after the timeskip in present time, everyone bar Goku was alive and peaceful. Two different futures, and while going back to the past didn't change his present, Trunks managed to write a different future for the present time heroes.

So yeah, Frosch can still survive and is more likely to survive. I forgot if evil Rogue gave Natsu or any hero the information needed to keep Frosch safe, though.

Same

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Future rogue told Natus to warn rogue about frosh dying (in a year) and the darkness, so atleast they know its coming.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast