Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/29/15 - 7/5/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 260

Thread: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

  1. #241
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    LOL, you're not the only one. I was actually hoping for one of the dragons that came out of the gate to be an ice dragon. But maybe we'll see soon. There's still two more dragons whose element hasn't been revealed.

    But maybe you'd like Jura to be a 2nd gen Stone DS?? I'm kind of hoping for Jura to get the stone dragon's lachryma and implant it in himself. But then again, he'd overpowered as hell and become the Madara of FT.
    It mightnot be too farteched for Jura to be a DS,But he still is good and powerful without using DS magic He doesn't need a lacrima and be a DS.He's good as he is.But Gray is just so weak in comparision to Natsu and other Dragon slayers =.=.I really hope that Hiro has plans for him.He's one of the main characters for crying out loud.

  2. #242
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    It mightnot be too farteched for Jura to be a DS,But he still is good and powerful without using DS magic He doesn't need a lacrima and be a DS.He's good as he is.But Gray is just so weak in comparision to Natsu and other Dragon slayers =.=.I really hope that Hiro has plans for him.He's one of the main characters for crying out loud.
    Gray is just fine compared to Base Natsu, Base Gajeel, Sting, Rouge and Wendy. Gray has magic that is strong if Hiro would stop downgrading him. Gray during the Gulauna island arc was powerful and during his fight with Rufus. Gray has Ice impact and Ice hammer which is mega powerful and created a huge Ice wall. There is difference between being weak and not getting enough limelight.

  3. #243
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Official Dragon Slayers Thread

    Natsu has eaten aether, fire god, lightning magic. Gajeel has eaten Shadow. Laxus has eaten anti-magic. Wendy needs a snack. Natsu brings fire-lightning as a greatly compatible attack. Gajeel's shadow-steel has a crazy effect. Laxus when coming back will most likely have a lightning attack that is a ridiculous finisher. Wendy will most likely eat something that can something that can add mass to her roar (sand, etc.). Gray will fully unlock Ice Manipulation after battling zero. He will not have the ability to change his constitution and absorb his element like a slayer, but he will fully understand its capabilities, and be incredibly resistant to ice in all forms.

  4. #244
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    20,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    I am not sure if raw power alone would be a requirement for dragon force. Even if it is, its probably not much power compared to the current manga standard of power. In the early stages of the manga we did see dragon force when the dragon slayers apparently consumed huge amounts of power (ethereon, gerard's power and so on) however at the time there is also the consideration that the dragons are actively trying to suppress dragon force and the transformation into dragons. Well, it was not literally said like that but to me it looks like dragon force and dragonification are to an extent related considering dragon force seems to further trasform at least partially its user into dragons. In every instance we have seen the slayer in question has become more dragonlike. Scales and fangs specially. Anyways, it's at least possible that dragon force appearing as a result of consuming power simply was because that was the bare minimum of power to overcome the influence of the dragons and release the power. Assuming dragon force is related to the dragon transformations then its plausible sting and rogue were able to transform freely because they were closer to dragons than their peers due to their lachrima. However the implication of this is that an amount of power is not actually related to activating dragon force.

  5. #245
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am not sure if raw power alone would be a requirement for dragon force. Even if it is, its probably not much power compared to the current manga standard of power. In the early stages of the manga we did see dragon force when the dragon slayers apparently consumed huge amounts of power (ethereon, gerard's power and so on) however at the time there is also the consideration that the dragons are actively trying to suppress dragon force and the transformation into dragons. Well, it was not literally said like that but to me it looks like dragon force and dragonification are to an extent related considering dragon force seems to further trasform at least partially its user into dragons. In every instance we have seen the slayer in question has become more dragonlike. Scales and fangs specially. Anyways, it's at least possible that dragon force appearing as a result of consuming power simply was because that was the bare minimum of power to overcome the influence of the dragons and release the power. Assuming dragon force is related to the dragon transformations then its plausible sting and rogue were able to transform freely because they were closer to dragons than their peers due to their lachrima. However the implication of this is that an amount of power is not actually related to activating dragon force.


    Quick question during the tartarous arc when the dragons came out of the dragon slayer bodies didn't igneel say that the dragons made antibodies to prevent natsu and the other dragon slayers from becoming dragons so technically they may not be able to use dragon force at all or at least some weird hybrid of a dragons body might be permissible at best max so their maximum dragon powers are now destroyed/limited

    or did I misunderstand something ??

    So perhaps natsu, gajeel and wendy and laxus and sting may never become real dragons ever and may never achieve true dragon force hence i think natsu can kill zeref with ease but not win acnologia.

    However laxus is not imposed by these limitations and being the broken character (the joker) as you say he might be a worthy contender to take on the title of dragon king by transforming into a dragon. Also seems like the guy has been training even more madly and crazier then anyone else

    Clearly if natsu gets the title of king of demons (since he is END) we need a new king of dragons title hence laxus could take that title after beating/killing acnologia

    So whether dragon force from previous arcs was real dragon force is up for grabs because I thought dragon force meant getting and becoming a dragon physically and literally. ???

  6. #246
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nichendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    Quick question during the tartarous arc when the dragons came out of the dragon slayer bodies didn't igneel say that the dragons made antibodies to prevent natsu and the other dragon slayers from becoming dragons so technically they may not be able to use dragon force at all or at least some weird hybrid of a dragons body might be permissible at best max so their maximum dragon powers are now destroyed/limited

    or did I misunderstand something ??
    The dragons wanted to prevent them to fully transform into Dragons, but they can still enter Dragon Force, for instance Wendy entered Dragon Force some chapters ago and now have the ability to enter it at will according to Charle.

    Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    So perhaps natsu, gajeel and wendy and laxus and sting may never become real dragons ever and may never achieve true dragon force hence i think natsu can kill zeref with ease but not win acnologia.

    However laxus is not imposed by these limitations and being the broken character (the joker) as you say he might be a worthy contender to take on the title of dragon king by transforming into a dragon. Also seems like the guy has been training even more madly and crazier then anyone else

    Clearly if natsu gets the title of king of demons (since he is END) we need a new king of dragons title hence laxus could take that title after beating/killing acnologia

    So whether dragon force from previous arcs was real dragon force is up for grabs because I thought dragon force meant getting and becoming a dragon physically and literally. ???
    That makes no sense, Cobra is also a Lacrima Dragon Slayer, as are Sting and Rogue, so at least using your hypothesis terms the 4 of them could become Dragons, the whole point makes very little sense.
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making another plans. (John Lennon)


  7. #247
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    20,328
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    Quick question during the tartarous arc when the dragons came out of the dragon slayer bodies didn't igneel say that the dragons made antibodies to prevent natsu and the other dragon slayers from becoming dragons so technically they may not be able to use dragon force at all or at least some weird hybrid of a dragons body might be permissible at best max so their maximum dragon powers are now destroyed/limited

    or did I misunderstand something ??

    So perhaps natsu, gajeel and wendy and laxus and sting may never become real dragons ever and may never achieve true dragon force hence i think natsu can kill zeref with ease but not win acnologia.

    However laxus is not imposed by these limitations and being the broken character (the joker) as you say he might be a worthy contender to take on the title of dragon king by transforming into a dragon. Also seems like the guy has been training even more madly and crazier then anyone else

    Clearly if natsu gets the title of king of demons (since he is END) we need a new king of dragons title hence laxus could take that title after beating/killing acnologia

    So whether dragon force from previous arcs was real dragon force is up for grabs because I thought dragon force meant getting and becoming a dragon physically and literally. ???
    IIRC the point was to prevent them from turning into dragons like acknologia. And one way or the other they can use dragon force now. Natsu was able to use it on his own after igneel left and nowadays it seems to be something of a casual thing for wendy. So at least we have conclusive proof that the dragon antibodies do not affect dragon force. The rest depends on how much dragon force and dragonification are actually related.

    I guess the question would be whether lachrima dragon slayers are at risk of turning into dragons to begin with. We don't even know if they can use dragon force so far.

  8. #248
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    IIRC the point was to prevent them from turning into dragons like acknologia. And one way or the other they can use dragon force now. Natsu was able to use it on his own after igneel left and nowadays it seems to be something of a casual thing for wendy. So at least we have conclusive proof that the dragon antibodies do not affect dragon force. The rest depends on how much dragon force and dragonification are actually related.

    I guess the question would be whether lachrima dragon slayers are at risk of turning into dragons to begin with. We don't even know if they can use dragon force so far.
    But could we be accidently thinking dragon force and dragonification (turning into dragons) are the same thing. If we do then Hiro made a huge plot hole because all the work natsu's father igneel did to make antibodies for his son was a huge waste of time (might as well have taught natsu on how to properly use more dangerous dragon slaying magic rather then this if at the end of the day natsu will still going to become a dragon and hence it almost spits on all the hard work his father did for his safety).

    But if they are different (dragon force and dragonification) then natsu is put at a huge disadvantage during a future arc with a fight against Acnologia who is more then capable of going all out and becoming a dragon and natsu can't unless he goes demon king but he will likely be prevented from doing that too??

    so i thought dragon force and dragonifcation were different things and so someone going dragon force is no big deal but becoming a dragon is so natsu's dragon force isn't a very impressive thing or wendys its simply weak dragon magic.

    I guess it could depend on how one uses the lacrima maybe you could turn into a dragon if you push yourself to the brink of death (as both natsu and laxus have been training). Laxus hasn't come back so clearly the dude is seriously seriously training like a mad dragon gone wrong. A lacrima has the attributes of a dragon so who says you can't push the lacrima far enough possibly might have to break it to get to the next level

  9. #249
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nichendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    But could we be accidently thinking dragon force and dragonification (turning into dragons) are the same thing. If we do then Hiro made a huge plot hole because all the work natsu's father igneel did to make antibodies for his son was a huge waste of time (might as well have taught natsu on how to properly use more dangerous dragon slaying magic rather then this if at the end of the day natsu will still going to become a dragon and hence it almost spits on all the hard work his father did for his safety).

    But if they are different (dragon force and dragonification) then natsu is put at a huge disadvantage during a future arc with a fight against Acnologia who is more then capable of going all out and becoming a dragon and natsu can't unless he goes demon king but he will likely be prevented from doing that too??

    so i thought dragon force and dragonifcation were different things and so someone going dragon force is no big deal but becoming a dragon is so natsu's dragon force isn't a very impressive thing or wendys its simply weak dragon magic.

    I guess it could depend on how one uses the lacrima maybe you could turn into a dragon if you push yourself to the brink of death (as both natsu and laxus have been training). Laxus hasn't come back so clearly the dude is seriously seriously training like a mad dragon gone wrong. A lacrima has the attributes of a dragon so who says you can't push the lacrima far enough possibly might have to break it to get to the next level
    As far as I understand this manga, dragonification is the effect of using dragon force too much, so they aren't the same thing, but are related to one another. What Igneel and the other dragons did was to allow their children to enter dragon force, but without side effects.

    They are not in disadvantage against Acnologia because theoretically when you enter Dragon Force you effectively have the power of a Dragon. The only difference of them to Acnologia is that Acnologia have an insane amount of power, while they don't have it yet.
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making another plans. (John Lennon)


  10. #250
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by nichendrix View Post
    As far as I understand this manga, dragonification is the effect of using dragon force too much, so they aren't the same thing, but are related to one another. What Igneel and the other dragons did was to allow their children to enter dragon force, but without side effects.

    They are not in disadvantage against Acnologia because theoretically when you enter Dragon Force you effectively have the power of a Dragon. The only difference of them to Acnologia is that Acnologia have an insane amount of power, while they don't have it yet.
    But not being able to become dragons is a HUGE disadvantage. Acnologa gets the advantage of size and even the ability to fly and furthermore is even more immune due to dragon scales but natsu's and the rest dragon force is nothing in comparison to that so how can that not be a disadvantage of not being able to become a real dragon.

    Thats why Acnologia prefers his dragon body over his human one it makes him a hax character and a super unbeatable being.

    Even Igneel had no chance against Acnologia, Igneel still died and thats the king of fire
    Last edited by amitnaruto; July 02, 2015 at 10:06 PM.

  11. #251
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere Cold and Beardy
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    But not being able to become dragons is a HUGE disadvantage. Acnologa gets the advantage of size and even the ability to fly and furthermore is even more immune due to dragon scales but natsu's and the rest dragon force is nothing in comparison to that so how can that not be a disadvantage of not being able to become a real dragon.

    Thats why Acnologia prefers his dragon body over his human one it makes him a hax character and a super unbeatable being.

    Even Igneel had no chance against Acnologia, Igneel still died and thats the king of fire
    Sure, Igneel died, but you must remember he was already dead and just a walking corpse, running on 5% He was matching Acnologia and at one stage overwhelmed him with just physical strength. Now Acnologia was at full power there, but he was getting matched by a corpse. If Igneel wasn't a walking corpse, Acnologia probably would've gotten whacked hard.
    "I'm trying to do as much music as I can before I fall off a mountain or something" -Diplo

  12. #252
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by SirSamuel016 View Post
    Sure, Igneel died, but you must remember he was already dead and just a walking corpse, running on 5% He was matching Acnologia and at one stage overwhelmed him with just physical strength. Now Acnologia was at full power there, but he was getting matched by a corpse. If Igneel wasn't a walking corpse, Acnologia probably would've gotten whacked hard.
    Still want to know what happened did acnologia and igneel fight before ( doesn't seem likely) and acnologia got the upper hand on igneel and took his soul. Or did he use a hax spell that reaped the souls of all the dragons and pretty much went on a killing spree igneel, grandeeny, and Metallicana being the only survivors.

  13. #253
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SirSamuel016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere Cold and Beardy
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MangerDan View Post
    Still want to know what happened did acnologia and igneel fight before ( doesn't seem likely) and acnologia got the upper hand on igneel and took his soul. Or did he use a hax spell that reaped the souls of all the dragons and pretty much went on a killing spree igneel, grandeeny, and Metallicana being the only survivors.
    Grandeeney said that he took their souls with his Dragon Slaying magic, so I assume he'd of had to be close to the dragons to do so.Maybe he caught them off guard and took their souls? And lets not forget Skiadrum and Weisslogia, too. They also had their souls taken, so Acnologia might've sprung a trap on them to get their souls.
    "I'm trying to do as much music as I can before I fall off a mountain or something" -Diplo

  14. #254
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nichendrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by amitnaruto View Post
    But not being able to become dragons is a HUGE disadvantage. Acnologa gets the advantage of size and even the ability to fly and furthermore is even more immune due to dragon scales but natsu's and the rest dragon force is nothing in comparison to that so how can that not be a disadvantage of not being able to become a real dragon.

    Thats why Acnologia prefers his dragon body over his human one it makes him a hax character and a super unbeatable being.

    Even Igneel had no chance against Acnologia, Igneel still died and thats the king of fire
    There is no indication that transforming into a dragon give any advantage to the user, on the contrary, it is implied that it could make the Dragon Slayer mad with the lust for power. All powers Acnologia have as a Dragon he also have in his human form, as far as we know he have no more and no less power in dragon form. He prefers his dragon form because he considers himself far superior to mere humans not because he is more powerful on that form, it was stated more than once that at some point Acnologia started seeing himself as superior to mere humans and at some point superior to other Dragon Slayers and Dragons, hence he prefers to use his dragon form since he considers humans inferior to him, even the other dragons he considers inferior to him.

    Igneel was already basically dead when he fought Acnologia, yet he managed to take one of his arms and severely injury him, try to imagine what he would do with his full power? Igneel's full power should be what Natsu will be at maximum power in Dragon Force, he simply didn't need to transform into Dragons, that's why the dragons choose to stop dragonification, they will remain humans and would not "fall to the dark side" and start considering themselves more than humans.
    Life is what happens to you when you're busy making another plans. (John Lennon)


  15. #255
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 442 Discussion/ 443 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by nichendrix View Post
    There is no indication that transforming into a dragon give any advantage to the user, on the contrary, it is implied that it could make the Dragon Slayer mad with the lust for power. All powers Acnologia have as a Dragon he also have in his human form, as far as we know he have no more and no less power in dragon form. He prefers his dragon form because he considers himself far superior to mere humans not because he is more powerful on that form, it was stated more than once that at some point Acnologia started seeing himself as superior to mere humans and at some point superior to other Dragon Slayers and Dragons, hence he prefers to use his dragon form since he considers humans inferior to him, even the other dragons he considers inferior to him.

    Igneel was already basically dead when he fought Acnologia, yet he managed to take one of his arms and severely injury him, try to imagine what he would do with his full power? Igneel's full power should be what Natsu will be at maximum power in Dragon Force, he simply didn't need to transform into Dragons, that's why the dragons choose to stop dragonification, they will remain humans and would not "fall to the dark side" and start considering themselves more than humans.
    That completely isn't true. If your saying that Acnologia saw himself better than humans and dragons and saw humans as inferior and preferred his dragon form because of that then clearly that was because his dragon form gave him huge advantages over his puny human form. In his human form he may not be able to release the same amount of magic or not be as immune to magic compared to his dragon body. I mean if your saying humans are weak why not take a humanoid appearance you can still rule the world that way as you clearly evolved into something better. Why take a dragons body clearly the dragons body and a dragon slayer becoming a dragon is a huge advantage and asset to taking your enemies down. Fine you become evil but who cares that's not important if you can kill your enemies then kill them.

    The fight between Igneel and Acnologia is somewhat screwed because Face was temporarily activated and Acnologia got screwed by that and hence he may have taken a beating. Acnologia also may have underestimated Igneel and have been taken off guard which gave Igneel the advantage something that might be out of character of Acnologia. We also don't know if Acnologia is as strong as he used to be as he simply is acting more like a hermit in many ways almost not caring about ruling the world at all or is he destroying the world as was suggested by dragons as he would be evil. A criteria to be evil is to destroy and kill people he never killed anyone or destroyed anything in the past 400 years after the dragon arc it seems.

    Also just because Igneel is strong does not mean Natsu will be equally as strong or stronger than Igneel. A dragon like Igneel is born with a dragons body so has huge power and size to match natsu will never get that advantage ever so it's possible he will be strong but never as strong as Igneel. Igneel was a legendary dragon so unilkely to be matched in power ever again. Just because natsu has igneel's flames does not mean he will be able to beat anyone. You need to be taught how to effectively use that flame and how to properly use dragon slaying magi (something i still find stupidly dis-believable after natsu's one year of homelessness with no teacher to properly guide or train him comes back actually stronger is a huge plothole, mess up and disappointment of the story for me and his character development). Natsu and even the others were never given advanced dragon slayer magic techniques so there's possibly a whole world of magic spells out there that are unaccounted for.

    for example imagine the possible scenario if you combine dragon slayer magic with god slayer and devil slayer magic you have a "Tri-Slayer" magic user what the hell can he not do that person could effectively be the strongest character in the series.

    I find the information now logically screwed the dragons prevented dragonification but allow dragon force to exist but the dragons have effectively limited the dragon slayers power output effectively making them weaker then they should be plus the dragon slayers were not trained in advanced dragon slayer techniques that would be so handy and useful now so really their power levels are not all that impressive if compared to a properly trained 400 year older generation dragon slayer assuming they were behemoth monsters than the ones running around today as they could become dragons and had more arsenal and power (more dragons around to kill, drink blood from and get power)

New Reply
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts