bunch of series that I never heard of ("What Did You Eat Yesterday?" - that sounds fun )
Rinne's selling fairly well for its first two volumes right?
or should it be bigger because of the author?
Rinne had good second week sales, so think that's a good sign. I expect Volume 3 to debut at over 100,000 copies.
Oricon Rankings 10/26 - 11/1
1. St. Young Men volume 4 (239,767/560,296)(Morning 2)
2. Bokura ga Ita volume 13 (230,959)(Betsucomi)
3. Kyou, Koi wa Hajimemasu volume 7 (157,015/157,489)(Shojo Comic)
4. To Aru Majutsu no Index volume 5 (123,144)(Monthly Shonen Gangan)
5. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun volume 4 (121,777)(Dengeki Daioh)
6. Suki Desu Suzuki - kun!! (77,911)(Shojo Comic)
7. Saiyuki Reload volume 10 (74,092)(Comic Zero Sum)
8. Kinou Nani Tabeta? volume 3 (72,324/175,930)(Morning)
9. Mobile Suit Gundam - san: Itsutsume no Kan (52,456/114,754)(Gundam Ace)
10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya volume 10 (51,581/114,525)(Monthly Shonen Ace)
11. Himitsu - the Top Secret volume 7 (51,083)(Melody)
12. Giant Killing volume 12 (49,402/119,614)(Morning)
13. Black Lagoon volume 9 (48,334/300,589)(Sunday GX)
14. Switch Girl!! volume 10 (47,318/87,972)(Margaret)
15. Kiyoku Yawaku volume 11 (42,377/86,470)(Cookie)
16. Dragon Quest: Roto no Monshou - Monshou wo Tsugu Monotachi e volume 9 (40,492/60,467)(Young Gangan)
17. Pokemon Special volume 33 (39,889)
18. Dr. Koto's Clinic volume 24 (38,888)(Big Comic Original)
19. Osaka Banpaku (Azumanga Daioh bangai)(36,143/60,775)
20. Shin Say Hello to Black Jack volume 7 (35,923)(Big Comic Spirits)
21. Gantz volume 27 (33,106/187,523)(Weekly Young Jump)
22. Zipang (32,930/68,908)(Morning)
23. Hayate no Gotoku volume 21 (32,023/298,173)(Shonen Sunday)
24. Shugo Chara! volume 10 (31,508/69,321)(Nakayoshi)
25. Young Shima Kousaku: Shuninhen volume 4 (31,437/64,202)(Morning)
26. Futari Ecchi volume 44 (30,155)(Young Animal)
27. Kindaichi Case Files: Kenmochi Keibu no Setsujin volume 2 (30,098/199,959)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
28. Skip Beat! (30,040/230,231)(Hana to Yume)
29. Kindaichi Case Files: Kenmochi Keibu no Setsujin volume 1 (29,856)(199,869)(Weekly Shonen Magazine)
30. Zombie Loan volume 12 (29,220)(GFantasy)
Last edited by Akiyama; November 11, 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added missing number
St. Young Men is a great comedy that deserves 1st place again, I wish more chapters were scanned.
Shin Say Hello to Black Jack is probably a great sequel to Black Jack, glad to see it on the charts.
Kindaichi Case Files has some loyal followers, being in the charts for a third week now, and only having a difference of less than 100 volumes out of 200,000 is amazing.
Bokura ga Ita is brilliant, glad to see it's still popular after it's hiatus. Shame that there is a gap in translation, right in the middle of the series. I've been reading VIZ's releases until they catch up. Switch Girl!! is also a good series. There has actually been quite a bit of good shojo charting the last couple of weeks.
Nice to see Hayate with almost 300K by the third Week. could it be the A-tan effect?
also nice to see Saint Young Men as number one again, is one of the best comedy that i'm currently reading (the other one is Yotsuba&!).
Oricon Rankings 11/2 - 11/8
1. Naruto volume 48 (781,619) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
2. Gintama volume 31 (264,895) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
3. Bakuman volume 5 (218,751) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
4. Claymore volume 17 (146,022) (Jump SQ)
5. Steel Ball Run volume 19 (128,814) (Ultra Jump)
6. To Love Ru volume 16 (102,242) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
7. Beelzebub volume 3 (87,761) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
8. Liar Game volume 10 (85,014) (Weekly Young Jump)
9. Faster than a Kiss volume 6 (84,448) (LaLa)
10. Bokura ga Ita volume 13 (81,627/312,586) (Betsucomi)
11. Sket Dance volume 10 (78,146) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
12. Saint Young Men volume 4 (72,376/632,672) (Morning 2)
13. Kuroko no Basket volume 4 (67,147) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
14. Kochikame volume 167 (61,974) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
15. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX volume 6 (59,735) (V-Jump)
16. Psyren volume 8 (53,986) (Weekly Shonen Jump)
17. Bartender volume 15 (47,287) (Super Jump)
18. Saiyuki Reload volume 10 (40,513/114,605) (Comic Zero-Sum)
19. Shin Say Hello to Black Jack volume 7 (40,028/75,951) (Big Comic Spirits)
20. Kyou, Koi wa Hajimemasu volume 7 (39,847/197,336) (Shojo Comic)
21. Dr. Koto's Clinic volume 24 (39,166/78,054) (Big Comic Original)
22. Sengoku Tenshouki volume 7 (38,631) (Young Magazine)
23. Shinjuku Swan volume 20 (31,310) (Young Magazine)
24. Matsuri Special volume 4 (30,112) (Jump SQ)
25. Shin Prince of Tennis Official Character Guide PeaPuri Vol. 1(29,133) (Jump SQ)
26. Crows Zero volume 5 (28,271) (Weekly Shonen Champion)
27. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun volume 4 (27,524/149,301) (Dengeki Daioh)
28. Himitsu - the Top Secret volume 7 (26,677/77,760) (Melody)
29. Ao no Exorcist volume 2 (26,089) (Jump SQ)
30. Asu no Yoichi! volume 11 (25,886) (Monthly Shounen Champion)
Kuroko and Beelze continue to improve, Psyren has not. Bokura ga Ita spending two weeks in the top ten is sensational.
Toaru is a lot popular than I imagined. I'm happy
I'm guessing Psyren will die out eventually, since its not improving at all. Probably by next year.
did Kuroko hit 100K yet?
Kuroko will hit 100K next week. I think volume 6 will be the first to sell 100,000 in the first week. Volume 5 will probably do about what Beelze did this week. Considering Railgun is a side story of a light novel adaption 150,000 in two weeks is damn good.
Kuroko keeps selling more and more. Must get better as it goes. Beelzebub doing great too. It will probably break 100k in the first week next volume.
And I don't think Psyren will die just because it isn't improving. Nuero sold around there as well and it went on for a good amount of time.
I'm kind of dissapointed to see Ao no Exorcist's and Psyren's sales...