Here is the Japanese sales charts for manga from the tracking service Oricon. They are posted every Wednesday afternoon. Please, if anyone copies these from Anime News Network check them against Oricon's website. ANN leaves silly typos sometime. Anyone who can provide additional information from 2CH, please do!!
My format: title (current weeks sales/total sales)(magazine)(demographic)
Rankings 6/22 - 6/28
1. Ookiku Furikabutte volume 12 (301,945)(Afternoon)(seinen)
2. xxxholic volume 15 (258,048)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
3. Kuroshitsuji volume 7 (167,692)(GFantasy)(shonen?)
4. Minami - ke volume 6 (146,701)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
5. Billy Bat volume 1 (145,120)(Morning)(seinen)
6. Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin volume 19: Soloman Arc (118,494)(Gundam Ace)
7. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Minagoroshihen volume 2 (110,950)(Gangan Wing)(shonen)
8. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Matsuri Bayashihen volume 2 (109,821)
9. Umineko no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1: Legend of the golden witch volume 3 (96,219)(Gangan Joker)(shonen)
10. Bamboo Blade volume 11 (93,688)(Young Gangan)(seinen)
11. Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu volume 6 (90,404)(Shojo Comic)
12. Skip Beat volume 22 (85,103/211,929)
13. Umineko no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 2: Legend of the golden witch volume 1 (77,698)(GFantasy)(shonen?)
14. Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project volume 8 (74,768)(Shonen Ace)
15. Gantz volume 26 (68,478/157,266)(Young Jump)(seinen)
16. Kekkaishi volume 25 (67,710/215,541)(Shonen Sunday)
17. Jyuushin Enbu - Hero Tales volume 4 (67,584)(Shonen Gangan)
18. Switch Girl!! volume 9 (59,386)(Margaret)(shojo)
19. One Piece volume 54 (58,266)(1,609,125)(Shonen Jump)
20. Major volume 72 (57,927/178,811)(Shonen Sunday)
21. Ahiru no Sora volume 24 (57,332/241,299)(Shonen Magazine)
22. Shachou Shima Kosaku volume 3 (52,822)(Morning)(seinen)
23. Daiya no A volume 16 (51,996/206,701)(Shonen Magazine)
24. Strobe Edge volume 6 (51,402)(Betsuma)(shojo)
25. Hajime no Ippo volume 88 (47,486/199,575)(Shonen Magazine)
26. Air Gear volume 25 (47,115/203,628)(Shonen Magazine)
27. Uchuu Kyoudai volume 6 (46,558)(Morning)(seinen)
28. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai Katari-Banashi-hen Comic Anthology EX volume 6 (43,528)
29. Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!! volume 3 (43,341)(Shojo Comic)
30. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai Katari-Banashi-hen Comic Anthology EX volume 7 (42,577)
Volume 1 of Billy Bat sold well, very glad to see it. Thank god there won't be more Higurashi volumes coming out for four months. What a pain to copy.
GO Higurashi !!!! SELL THOSE TANKS!!
Sales 6/29 - 7/5:
1. Pluto volume 8 (351,144)(Big Comic Original)(seinen)
2. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! volume 25 (260,432)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
3. Kuroshitsuji volume 7 (256,164/423,856)(GFantasy)(shonen?)
4. Gintama volume 29 (204,432)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
5. Natsume Yuujinchou volume 8 (130,397)(LaLa)(shojo)
6. Steel Ball Run volume 18 (99,842)(Ultra Jump)(seinen)
7. Ookiku Furikabutte volume 12 (84,332/386,277)(Afternoon)(seinen)
8. xxxholic volume 15 (80,962/339,010)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
9. Tomehane! Suzuri Koukou Shodoubu volume 5 (79,850)(Big Comic Spirits)(seinen)
10. Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu volume 6 (78,288/168,692)(Shojo Comic)
11. Billy Bat volume 1 (68,926/214,046)(Morning)(seinen)
12. Oyasumi Pun Pun volume 5 (65,355)(Big Comic Spirits)(seinen)
13. Gag Manga Biyori volume 10 (62,861)(Jump SQ)(shonen)
14. Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar volume 17 (57,169)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
15. Nabari no Ou volume 11 (56,384/85,253)(GFantasy)(shonen?)
16. PPoi! volume 27 (53,601)(LaLa)(shojo)
17. Beelzebub volume 1 (51,163)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
18. Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin volume 19: Soloman Arc (50,161/168,655)(Gundam Ace)
19. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro volume 22 (48,772)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
20. Shin Kurosagi volume 3 (48,543)(Big Comic Spirits)(seinen)
21. Shiki volume 5 (45,653)(Jump SQ)(shonen)
22. One Piece volume 54 (41,290)(1,650,415)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
23. Switch Girl!! volume 9 (39,753/99,139)(Margaret)(shojo)
24. Embalming volume 2 (39,107)(Jump SQ)(shonen)
25. Minami - ke volume 6 (38,534/185,235)(Young Magazine)(seinen)
26. Kuroko no Basket volume 2 (38,053)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
27. Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!!volume 3 (36,524/79,865)(Shojo Comic)
28. Birdy the Mighty Evolution volume 2 (36,134)(Big Comic Spirits)(seinen)
29. Harukanaru Toki no Naka de volume 16 (36,081)(LaLa)(shojo)
30. Bartender volume 14 (35,920)(Super Jump)(seinen)
Naoki Urasawa owns manga. Both his series chart, both make the top 5 in back to back weeks. Beelzebub has a strong debut. 50,000+ copies for the first volume is almost always a sign of good things to come. Otherwise a lot of usual suspects, a very high selling top ten this week.
Last edited by Kaiten; July 08, 2009 at 09:06 PM.
Ugh, I still need to read Pluto.
Interesting figures. I'm hoping for Embalming to manage to increase sales with its next volume.
Beelzebub really has done well for its initial debut. Next week's figures for that volume should be interesting too if it manages top 30 again.
No surprise One Piece's latest volume is still selling. XD
Reborn and Gintama look to be having great first weeks for their volumes too.
Also I never knew Kuroshitsuji sold so much. I may have to follow the manga because the anime sure was disappointing. >.>
One Piece is a behemoth. I'm actually afraid Oda sold his soul to the devil
Kuroshitsuji is big, has been for a while to. The popularity of it and St. Young Men seem to blindside a lot of people. Reborn and Gintama shot for par; no better or worse then usual. The usual is damn good though! Hard to say what Beelzebub will do next week. Toriko 1 and 2 fell off in their second week. I'm expecting about 20,000 next week, more would be bonus, less is unlikely. If it's a weak chart next week it could cling on. Doesn't really matter much, at least for this volume.
I'm quite surprised by xxxHolic's ranking as well, I wouldn't have thought it'll be that high up the weekly charts. But yesh indeed... OP is definately a behemoth, how much longer do you reckon it'll stay up in the charts for?
xxxHOLIC always sells well. There haven't been many volumes over the last few years but they all place in the top 5. One Piece.......another week or two, probably. Next weeks number 30 will probably sell worse then this weeks, 20 - 25,000 is more common for the bottom. There's a good chance OP could drop 20,000 copies and still place around 29 or 30. I doubt it will lose that much in a week, so we could see two weeks. Volume 53 was the real monster, it's sold in excess of 1.8 million. I can't imagine anything, even another volume of OP outselling it this year.
The current arc might get some good sales, once it's released in tank form, I'd say... About 1.5-1.6 million?
And what's the lowest you've seen make the top 30, in terms of weekly sales?
I haven't paid much attention but it tends to fluctuate between 20,000 and 40,000. I can't really make out to much rhyme or reason. OP has been selling more then 1.5 million copies of every volume at least since volume 50. It's been selling a million it's first week during that time. It's a given that 54 will break 1.7. Even 1.5 million would be setting the bar low for 55, or so it seems.
Happy to see Billy Bat 1 selling more than 200k copies in 2 weeks.
Kuroshitsuji sells so well!!! Its one of my collection:P
Glad to see Belzebub doing so good.
And wait, 25th volume of Air Gear reached 200 thousands? Is it usually doing so good? I mean, Magazine series aren't the best sellers overall.
As for One Piece - what have you expected?
Does anyone know how many copies Karakuridoji Ultimo #1 has sold in his first week?