Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
KimiTodo still in the top 10!! Hopefully the anime makes it even more popular. You never know, Nodame ends in October, Kimi ni Todoke could take it's place as the next million seller.
I'm really interested in Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru. Strong first week for a new shojo from a lower circulation anthology. Must have had really good fan response with two volumes released at once.
Last edited by Kaiten; September 30, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
Yozakura Quartet sales aren't that bad. I may actually read the manga to see how it is. Hopefully it is better than its anime. >.>
I'm surprised to see Kenichi so low though I was right on ZKC breaking 100K this week. Looks like Kekkaishi comes out on top this round.
With Fairy Fail's anime coming up I wonder if it can get boosted to 500K status or not. I'd prefer if it didn't. -__-
Depends on how good the anime is, personally I will never know ^^
Kenichi's sales are the same for nearly every volume, part of Sunday's second tier no better. As always I'm happy to see Soul Eater sell so well.
Kekkaishi is holding up well; it's surpassed the previous volume's sales (at least from what we saw in the Top 30).
Berserk put together a strong showing, as well.
@braiking boss: you should read yozakura, it's good. The anime didn't do justice to it.
Yozakura break top ten for the first time, it's now sirius top selling manga. Like I said, Soul Eater have very strong second week sales, I feel really good for it managing to beat fairy tail
Good thing seeing Kekkaishi at the top too
lol for some reason I had it in my head that it was in the first-tier with Hayate no Gotoku and Kekkaishi.
Agreed on Soul Eater.
9/28 - 10/4
1. Bleach volume 41 (414,722)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
2. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (235,476)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
3. Ooku volume 5 (124,456)(Melody)
4. Detroit Metal City volume 8 (119,606)(Young Animal)
5. Iryuu - Team Medical Dragon volume 21 (113,337)(Big Comic Superior)
6. Eyeshield 21 volume 37 (109,645)(109,645)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
7. Toriko volume 6 (95,058)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
8. Nurarihyon no Mago volume 7 (85,323)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
9. Berserk volume 34 (80,629/264,384)(Young Animal)
10. Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi ~Onodera Ritsu no Baai~ volume 3 (71,913)(Ciel)
11. Dr. Koto's Clinic volume 23 (63,526)(Big Comic Original)
12. Tegami Bachi volume 8 (54,271)(Jump SQ)
13. Oishinbo volume 103 (53,347)(Big Comic Spirits)
14. Ikigami volume 7 (51,750)(Big Comic Spirits)
15. Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru volume 1 (46,177/88,967)(Cheese!)
16. Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru volume 2 (44,697/84,532)(Cheese!)
17. Rosario + Vampire Season II volume 5 (42,705)(Jump SQ)
18. Koibana! Koiseyo Hanabi volume 6 (40,656/85,537)(Margaret)
19. Shin Kurosagi volume 4 (39,336)(Big Comic Spirits)
20. Arakawa Under the Bridge volume 8 (37,142/82,975)(Young Gangan)
21. Five volume 12 (34,931/68,389)(Betsuma)
22. Joukyou Afro Tanaka volume 8 (34,302)(Big Comic Spirits)
23. One Piece volume 55 (33,705/1,696,393)(Weekly Shonen Jump)
24. Shakugan no Shana volume 7 (33,016/54,565)(Dengeki Daioh)
25. Soul Eater volume 15 (32,821/292,777)(Monthly Shonen Gangan)
26. Gang King volume 17 (32,457)(Young King)
27. Shiki volume 6 (31,922)(Jump SQ)
28. Real Clothes volume 8 (30,846)(You)
29. Kimi ni Todoke volume 9 (29,739/635,347)(Betsuma)
30. Ushijima the Loan Shark volume 16 (28,696)(Big Comic Spirits)
correct me if i'm wrong, but first volumes of Medaka and Akaboshi were released this week right? (or is it next week?)
so they didn't even get ranked?
That's right ruggia, they each sold less than 28,696 copies during their first week. T_T poor Medaka
I'm still happy for Ikigami, Tegami Bachi, Mago, and Toriko.
A second strong week for Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru and both volumes still on the rank is impressive.
Kanojo is the new Aoki Kotomi series, hardly surprising it's a big deal. They even pulled a Toriko and released two volumes at a time. Rinne gets that treatment next week. Not a fan but I really want to see how that one sells. I'm not surprised Medaka and Akaboshi missed the charts; new series, even from Jump, don't always chart with volume one. It's not that big a deal.
Good to see Reborn! & Detroit Metal City up there ;')
Kinda sad that Akaboshi didn't chart, but well ... that's life!
I expect Reborn to chart high. Seeing it at number two was no surprise. It's been a best seller for years now.