Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/22/15 - 6/28/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anime Preview: Summer 2009

Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Anime Preview: Summer 2009

Note: Keep this thread spoiler-free or use spoiler-tags for those who haven't read the manga.

Spoiler: Chart show

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SUMMER_2009
    http://www.animeph.com/anime-season-...mmer-2009.html

Yay to moar SZS! <3 And Lost Canvas <333
    Last edited by Agrias; June 12, 2009 at 09:20 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anime Preview: Summer 2009

None of the series there sound particularly impressive... Might check out 'Canaan' and 'Bakemonogatari', and maybe 'Seitokai no Ichizon' for a shoujo hit, but that's pretty much it.

Surprised to see White Album S2 not present, is that coming out next season, does anyone know?

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Arth's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spice and wolf airing this month! woo!

I hope someone uploads it on Youtube soon
    ~ Arth

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hatsuharupeace View Post
    Surprised to see White Album S2 not present, is that coming out next season, does anyone know?
    The second season of White Album was planned for fall '09, and they're sticking to that schedule, as far as I know. Summer, after all, isn't a very profitable season as far as anime goes, and they want to try to keep White Album in the spotlight as much as possible (here's a chance to sell some music, after all).

Frankly, I don't see a lot of series I'm interested in this coming summer. Luckily there's a lot of fun stuff carrying over from spring to make up for it ( -> Haruhi s2, Basquash, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cross Game, Phantom...).

What I'm mostly looking forward to, though:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Bones usually doesn't disappoint, and I'd been interested in the premise when the series was first announced, so I'll surely check it out.

Aoi Hana. Based on (in my opinion) one of the better shoujo-ai manga series, a very gentle and cute one. Also, JC Staff has been on something of a winning streak with their romance series, so it should prove amusing.

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei / Hetalia ~Axis Powers~ 2 / Ookami to Koushinryou II. Sequels to some very, very good and original recent anime series. The only one that'll be something of a guess is the last one, due to the change of studio. And the OVA that was released last month shows we can expect a change in the mood of the series, with increased focus on the Holo/Lawrence interaction.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Based on the games by the creator of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and animated by the same studio as well. Let's see if it can match up to the expectations, shall we?

What do the rest of you suggest/anticipate for the upcoming season?
    Last edited by Galth; June 15, 2009 at 02:44 PM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member miyavisoap's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ahhh shitt, i knew that i will have lots of things to watch but now looking at the chart i have really a lot to watch......... i guess i'll pass on the beach and sit down in front of my computer day and night.......... i'll be watching weib schwarz, bakemonagatari, s&w, canaan, zetsubou, seitokai no ichizon, and possibly three other series.... im already watching 13 series so idk how im gonna manage this lol

and galth-san, have u played the game for phantom? its reallllly good :]

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's going to be a very boring season to me -____-;;;

For the series, I'm not looking forward for anything (as in don't have much hope) other than Tokyo Magnitude. I have hopes for CANAAN too.

For the others.. batch watching after they ended probably. I'll just take the chance to watch a couple of the first episodes for every series, but I doubt anything (other than Tokyo Magnitude and CANAAN) would stay, unless they surprise me enough. Sorry, but anime rarely impresses me lately, a lot of them are just mindless so to say ;___;

As for the OVAs, some of those will be in my watch. Dogs Bulelts & Carnage, Hellsing, Negima and Aika Zero.
    Last edited by bax; June 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Miya! Long time no read
    Quote Originally Posted by miyavisoap View Post
    i'll be watching weib schwarz
    That's a 'ß' which is a double-s not a 'b'. If you can't type that letter, use 'ss' (Weiss = white; Schwarz = black). Using a 'b' would make it a whole different word (Weib = old term for wife, nowadays more along the lines of broad or hag).

So, summer 2009.. let's see...

Bakemonogatari
    It's not my style but it has... vampire. Which means, I need to at least give it a try Also, I was told that the light novel would actually fit my taste despite my dislike of this typical 'otaku' genre ._.

CANAAN
    The trailer looked interesting. But other than that I haven't looked much into this announcement so far.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
    Probably the best looking anime for this season so far. I hope it lives up to what summary and PV promise.

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
    Mandatory.

Continuations:
    Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    Ookami to Koushinryou II
    Hetalia Axis Powers 2
    Hellsing Ultimate
    DOGS: Bullets & Carnage

... I think, that will be all. Looking forward a lot to fall season, though. Summer will be more a time filler than anything else.
    Last edited by eni; June 16, 2009 at 03:47 AM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

and galth-san, have u played the game for phantom? its reallllly good :]
    Frankly, I havn't. I've heard from several people that the english version of Phantom Of Inferno is very badly adapted, with a bad translation and some very notable errors... But I've read the summary of the game's plot quite a while ago, after I had first watched the 2004 OVA series, Phantom The Animation.

But I'm really enjoying Requiem For The Phantom right now, the whole mood of the series is just fine, with especially the music and voice acting making for some eerie and dark atmosphere.

im already watching 13 series so idk how im gonna manage this lol
    Oh, don't worry, I'm usually watching around double that amount of series at any given time, so it's quite possible. >_>
    Last edited by Galth; June 16, 2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Laika's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably be watching the series by Shaft and Bones. I'll probably watch Cobra for the retro quality and because Madhouse usually does a good job too.

Nothing by IG this season? Everything going towards the Eden movie?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, now that you mention it... Their probably have little else in production right now because of the Higashi no Eden and Tales of Vesperia movies planned this summer and fall respectively, and because they were kind of productive the past two seasons (even adding those awkward multiple versions of Sengoku Basara), so they have to finalize the dvd versions of their early 2009 series.

On the other hand, it's still not sure whether the Higashi no Eden movie will complete the story or just be a compilation movie, is it? For all we know the story might suddenly end next episode.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Blah, what a boring anime season. Fall season (lucky there was gundam 00), Spring season and Summer season: three in a row, three times boring...

Interesting: Lost Canvas (of course, sadly only 13 eps ) and Dogs... For the rest, it is crying with the hat on
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni View Post
    Miya! Long time no read

That's a 'ß' which is a double-s not a 'b'. If you can't type that letter, use 'ss' (Weiss = white; Schwarz = black). Using a 'b' would make it a whole different word (Weib = old term for wife, nowadays more along the lines of broad or hag).

So, summer 2009.. let's see...

Bakemonogatari
    It's not my style but it has... vampire. Which means, I need to at least give it a try Also, I was told that the light novel would actually fit my taste despite my dislike of this typical 'otaku' genre ._.

CANAAN
    The trailer looked interesting. But other than that I haven't looked much into this announcement so far.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
    Probably the best looking anime for this season so far. I hope it lives up to what summary and PV promise.

Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
    Mandatory.

Continuations:
    Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    Ookami to Koushinryou II
    Hetalia Axis Powers 2
    Hellsing Ultimate
    DOGS: Bullets & Carnage

... I think, that will be all. Looking forward a lot to fall season, though. Summer will be more a time filler than anything else.
    thanks for the whole typing lesson well, i knew it wasnt a "b" lol
    and yes! i have missed you!!
    hmm, im not sure if im gonna be watching tokyo magnitude or not... but so many people are watching it, it seems like...
    and bakemonogatari is amazing! everybody should watch it! and yes, the light novel suits me very well and hopefully eni-san will like it too d

Quote Originally Posted by Galth View Post
    Frankly, I havn't. I've heard from several people that the english version of Phantom Of Inferno is very badly adapted, with a bad translation and some very notable errors... But I've read the summary of the game's plot quite a while ago, after I had first watched the 2004 OVA series, Phantom The Animation.

But I'm really enjoying Requiem For The Phantom right now, the whole mood of the series is just fine, with especially the music and voice acting making for some eerie and dark atmosphere.
    well, i didnt even know that there was an english version but i can imagine it being extremely bad lol. and the game is quite amazing. and it seems like the anime is following its flow so im really glad :]

and how can the anime possibly not good if ayahi-chan is ein?!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol idk if i should watch eva 1.11 in the movies or not. im soooo tempted to just download it!

and compilation movies are fun to watch. u can just relax and watch it since u know its not gonna be a continuation of the anime series or whatever its based on.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

http://blog.seiha.org/2009/06/2009-s...nd-hootenanny/

This blog post has some links to a collection of promo videos for the upcoming summer season (as well as a series of 'first impressions' on all of them) that might entertain you guys. Have fun watching them, and give me your thoughts!~

First impressions:

Quote Originally Posted by Galth View Post
    It's Umineko no Naku Koro ni that I'm most excited about (by far), followed by Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009). It's Bakemonogatari and [Zan-] Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei that managed to impress me greatly with their originality and quality, especially the latter, which shockingly manages to outdo the previous two-and-a-half seasons in everything except opening (which is no mere feat). It's Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 that proves to be this season's steadily-paced realistic high-quality series, and Aoi Hana and Canaan still need to prove themselves, but grasp my interest due to past results (I liked the Aoi Hana manga, and it's the first real new shoujo-ai show we've gotten in ages, and Canaan's creators' previous works were great, especially Kara no Kyoukai, which it resembles most).

I had originally thought this season would not be very interesting, but if Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Bakemonogatari and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 can keep this up, it's gonna be an intensely interesting summer. Also, there's Ookami to Koushinryou II coming up soon (haven't seen it yet).
    Last edited by Galth; July 15, 2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakemonogatari episode 1 was amazing! I'll watch number two later this week. I'm hooked. Haven't had a chance to try anything else, but I will watch Tokyo Magnitude as soon as I can, and the second set of Dog OVA's when they come out.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast