Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply

Thread: Akatsuki no Yona

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akatsuki no Yona

Akatsuki no Yona
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, Shoujo
    Production: Pierrot
    Starring: Chiwa Saito, Tomoaki Maeno

Yona is the sole princess of the kingdom, living the luxurious and carefree life as a princess should. She has it all: the finest clothes and cosmetics, the most divine sweets, a loving emperor as a father, and the hottest cousin crush, Soo-won, anyone could ever hope to have. Now, if only her bodyguard, Son Hak, wasn't so annoying to her and her hair wasn't so red.

But her nearly perfect world quickly shatters as the man she loves, Soo-won, murders her father and the path to his ascension to the throne is assured. Son Hak escapes with Yona, and they lead a life on the run from that point on.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akatsuki no Yona

I liked the first episode---Yona is very childish and annoying, sure, but she's also 16 years old. I'd say she's acting more her age if anything, and if some scenes are any indication at all, it seems as if she'll go through some character development. Hak and his snarkiness are likeable. If this is a reverse harem, I might hate it.

Not the most impressive premier I've seen thus far, but the ending managed to hook me in, so I'll give this a few more episodes before I decide what to do with it.

I like the ED a lot.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good start and surprising start to the season really. Intense and emotional plot with great characters and childhood friends. Cant wait to see it branch out furthur. I love hak the most.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Gakkyu Hotei | Team Food Wars!

私を愛して 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought this thread would be more popular. I started Yona with mixed feelings because it reminded me of Saiunkoku Monogatari and I began to compare things back and forth. But as I watched more episodes I grew to enjoy it. The humor, the plot growth, and that romance hanging at the end of Hak's tongue and Yona's stupidity made it an enjoyable ride. Now that the "introduction" is finally over, we get to see Yona growing more as she searches for the descendents of the dragons. I'm really looking forward to what will happen from now on.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply