Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arslan Senki

Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Arslan Senki

Arslan Senki

Episodes: Unknown
    Airing Date: Apr 4, 2015
    Producers: Magic Capsule, SANZIGEN, LIDENFILMS, Graphinica, NBCUniversal Entertainment
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Supernatural

Synopsis

In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.

At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arslan Senki

Good first episode, the OSTs are fitting. As expected of these kind of stories there are many characters and a lot of weird names...

Arslan looks so girly in the ED.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2D art is great though I really have to say that the CGi looked cringeworthy from time to time. Especially when the soldiers were running through the city. That needs to improve.
    I won't expect much from an 11 year old prince yet so I geuss he will learn sooner or later that slavery and everything else he deems good is cruel and wrong.

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Erinyes's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoyed episode 2, Daryun is absolutely awesome , love the chars, how the trap was set, everything was great !! Seems that this anime may, hopefully, be one of my fave this season along with Gintama and Kekkai Sensen.

Op :

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. ", George Bernard Shaw.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice OP.

Karlan was the mole, it was so obvious that it was a trap, pride is a dangerous thing. Arslan could be a bastard, I'd like him to have a good discussion with his dad, if he doesn't die.

The sword training paid, Arslan has done well on the battlefield, the three kids died happy I guess...

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Checked out episode 1 last night. I like this a lot!

I'm with sky on the CGI being cringe worthy but everything else was great. This seems like it's going to be one of my favorites.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Some GoT vibes sharing, Arslan's training reminds me this :

Ep 3 :

Introduction of some interesting chars. Loved Daryun's comment on Narsus paint skills.
    Daryun is so
    Last edited by Erinyes; April 19, 2015 at 05:14 AM.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. ", George Bernard Shaw.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Less names to memorize .

Karlan planned everything, very impressed by his strategy, even though the strategy was good Pars still managed to kill a lot of Lusitanians with their overpowering army. I like how they shown the philosophies of different sides, it reminded me of GoT too.

Great episode, you just need to mention his wife and Andragoras becomes more docile .

---------- Post added April 30, 2015 at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was April 19, 2015 at 08:27 PM ----------

And Narsus joins the team, he is great, I want to see his paintings .

Arslan understands things quickly and knows what he has to do to win, very likable for someone who has been "useless" so far.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the first two episodes and I admit, I was in awe.

The CGI with when the kingdom was flashed in the intro was so smooth, but I agree there were occasions the they kinda look awkward. I love the medieval + arabian + mediterranian(?) touch on the kingdom's architechture. It reminds me so much of Magi The palace's facade as well as the interiors and the streets reminds me of Sindria Kingdom (Magi). It really gives me a good vibe on this series.

I'm not a fan of medieval themed story, but this anime gives me the catch. All the characters introduced in the ending credits all reminds me of those RPGs, like there's an archer, a magician, a priest/sage, a warrior, etc. I guess I'll have to do some research about Medieval wars and so on.

About the characters, well first, Arslan is a TRAP. Definitely a trap I wouldn't be surprised if he was revealed to be a girl in the middle of the season lol. I feel like the producers had intentionally made Arslan look very girly to lure us lol. Arslan and Daryun... these two guys reminds me of Kanda and Allen, only much closer haha! At first I'm intrigued with Daryun's character because of the Opening video. But let's see... Anyway, I'm expecting lots of death flags in this series. First is of course, Vahriz. Most of the time, the old badass ones were the first to die, right?

Opening: UVERworld! OH THANK HEAVENS!

PS: I smell NTR from the Queen. hohohoh

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Arslan Senki's end cards :

Quote Quote:
    Episode 1 by Nakaba Suzuki (Nanatsu no Taisai) :

Episode 3 by Koji Seo (Fuuka)

Episode 4by Kōji Kumeta (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei).

Episode 5 by Shizumu Watanabe

Really enjoy this series, episode 5 was great, I thought first the bloody body was the king but.... Shapur (props to Gieve).
    Narsus' voice actor is Hisoka's, which fits perfectly to the char. .
    Some Got vibes again, with the slaves scene. Reminds me this :

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So they will make use of the slaves in the capital.....an excellent tactic I'd say.
    I guess that when you try to convince someone that never had something as basilar as freedom, words such as freedom, equality and wealth are vital.
    Either way it was another fantastic episode for me and that archer/musician is such a riot. XD
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever...
    Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

when Tahamenay didn't asked for Arslan, I began to have even more suspicions about their relationship as mother and son

I loved the CG when the Lustanians finally break through the castle walls. And the poor lady tho...

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So the capital finally fell and it looks like Queen Tahamenay was able to escape somewhere...
    Anyway, I'm simply loving this anime, for it has everything that might entertain you, like strategy, humour, themes that make you reflect upon them and so on.
    This episode was especially good and I'm looking forward to watching the next one.
    Last edited by Zasz; May 12, 2015 at 02:29 AM.

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever...
    Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's over for Pars, I like Gieve. Could Arslan's mom be the female archer? The preview made me realize how similar they are .

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh great! a female character at last! Fahrangis is hot as hell. And Gieve is such a naughty boy
    The king somewhat reminds me of King Xerxes from Meet the Spartans. The slave guy that Arslan met really looks like a girl, and I kinda hope he is :giggle

I can't wait for the next episode! It will be interesting since Kharlan will finally crosswords with Arslan's group.

But hey, am I the only one having trouble with some of the animation scenes?...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast