Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
There is a ranking which showed the top 5 most representative Japanese mangaka:
1st. Tezuka Osamu (author of Tetsuwan Atom, Jungle Taitei, Black Jack, etc., etc.)
2nd. Fujiko F. Fujio (author of Doraemon, Parman, Kiteretsu Dai Hyakka, etc., etc.)
3rd. Toriyama Akira (author of Dragon Ball and Dr. Slump)
4th. Oda Eiichirou (author of One Piece)
5th. Fujiko Fujio A (author of Ninja Hattori-kun, Kaibutsu-kun, etc., etc.)
Sports manga get no representation?
It is announced that Miyazaki Hayao (director of many Ghibli movies) and Takahashi Rumiko (author of Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, etc.) are nominated for The Will Eisner Comic Industry Award.
There going to be an important announcement for Shinryaku! Ika Musume on Issue 13 of Weekly Shounen Champion.
---------- Post added February 24, 2014 at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was February 17, 2014 at 08:08 AM ----------
Evening (magazine from Kodansha) has started the comicalization of Kaizoku to Yobareta Otoko (novel by Hyakuta Naoki (author of Eien no Zero)) on Issue 6. The illustration is by Sumoto Souichi.
---------- Post added February 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was February 24, 2014 at 10:15 PM ----------
Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award has started the special award, called Readers Award, which the readers are allowed to vote one of manga nominees. Here are the nominees:
- I by Igarashi Mikio (from Monthly Ikki)
- Ajin by Sakurai Gamon (from Good! Afternoon)
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu by Matsui Yuusei (from Weekly Shounen Jump)
- Innocent by Sakamoto Shinichi (from Weekly Young Jump)
- Uchuu Kyoudai by Koyama Chuuya (from Morning)
- Area 51 by Hara Masato (from Monthly Comic@Bunch)
- Ore Monogatari!! by Aruko (story) and Kawahara Kazune (artwork) (from Bessatsu Margaret)
- Gin no Saji by Arakawa Hiromu (from Weekly Shounen Sunday)
- Koe no Katachi by Ohima Yoshitoki (from Weekly Shounen Magazine)
- Golgo 13 by Saitou Takao (from Big Comic)
- Sayonara Tama-chan by Takeda Kazuyoshi (from Evening)
- 3-Gatsu no Lion by Umeno Chika (from Young Animal)
- Shissou Nikki 2 Aru-chuu Byoudou by Azuma Hideo
- Juuhan Shuttai! by Matsuda Naoko (from Monthly! Spirits)
- Seto Utsumi by Konomoto Kazuya (from Bessatsu Shounen Champion)
- Chaser by Koogy Joukura (from Big Comic Superior)
- Hitsuji no Ki by Yamashita Tatsuhiko (story) and Igarashi Mikio (artwork) (from Evening)
- Beshari Gurashi by Morita Masahiro (from Weekly Young Jump)
- Boki Dake ga Inai Machi by Sanbe Kei (from Young Ace)
- Yowamushi Pedal by Watanabe Wataru (from Weekly Shounen Champion)
Last edited by Kaizou 10; February 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM.
Is it first time I see Sakamoto Desu ga and Nanatsu no Taizai not being on the lists.
According to Volume 12's next volume preview, Oshikiri Rensuke's Yuuyami Tokkoutai will end sometime before fall. It says that Volume 13 will be the end of the series and has a planned release of Fall, which assumes that the run in Shounen Sirius will end sometime before that. The series began in 2007.
It looks like the spin-off manga for Evangelion going to serialize in Young Ace on April.
Young Ace publisher Kadokawa Corporation will launch the ComicWalker app on March 22. ComicWalker will include web comics in Japanese, English, and Chinese. The app will ultimately feature 200 free titles, with 40 available at launch. That will include 150 ongoing and completed manga, along with 50 original titles serialized on ComicWalker. Confirmed titles include Non Non Biyori, Nobunaga the Fool, Tonari no Seki-kun, Sgt. Frog, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Gundam: The Origin.
Kadokawa Corporation publishes manga and light novels through the brand companies Kadokawa Shoten, Media Works, Media Factory, Fujimi Shobo, and Enterbrain. Kadokawa manga magazines include Shonen Ace, Young Ace, Gundam Ace, Comic Beam, Harta, Dengeki Daioh, Comic Alive, Comic Flapper, and Dragon Age.
i wonder if that comic walker will be available out of jpn, mangabox initial announcement did say it but this comic walker doesnt mention, I also imagine comicwalker isnt free sadly. I was interesting Nobunaga The Fool.