Yes,Ukitake can redirect Respira and have an easy win
No,Barragan respira is ultimate....
Ukitake would find another way to skip it,maybe his bankai....
2-How do you figure that Uki couldn't counter 1000 ceros? Did you see it? Or is it just assumptions.
3- You seem to think that hacchi is the only one capable of using high level kido. Uki got a 100 in kido in his data book stats
4-The reason uki and shunsui didn't release their shikai b/c they didn't want to fight their teacher, it would be disrespectful. You think that after they showed hesitation that they would really fight old man yama at 100%?
5- As someone has said, that TB is only a ploy by the author to make his story. SO it wouldn't really be an issue in this battle
Last edited by Tsukisama; September 15, 2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Removed trolling
1. Of course its speculation. Starrk never fired 1000 ceros, we dont even know if he can or was just proposing the scenario to get an idea of Uki's powers. Fact is until stark DOES fire 1000 ceros its not cannon that he can-sorry hachigeneral it just isnt. Since he got serious with Love and still didnt do it I would imagine that he wasnt being serious when he made that statement.
2. Very good point about Uki having 100 in kido-that should mean that he is as good as any shinigami can be without maybe being captain or VC of the kido core. The only two people who could be better than him at kido would be Hachi and Tessai. But just because Hachi is better that doesnt mean Ukitake doesnt know enough Kido to do some serious stuff. Add to that the fact that Ukitake's reiatsu is most likely much Higher than Hachi's the actual force of hado he uses would be greater.
3. yama wasnt serious but neither were they. Even Yama not serious is more dangerous than Barragan imo and Ukitakes illness didnt strike-because KT didnt want it to. Using plot device as argument is not really valid.
4. Anyone who says that any character in Bleach can "stomp" Ukitake Joushiro is clearly dreaming or doesnt understand bleach. There are a few select characters at the top of the power rankings. Those are Yamamoto, Aizen, Shunsui, Ukitake and Unohana. These are not characters that could ever be stomped by anyone. Least of all by someone who got beaten by Hachigen-hes good but hes not great.
Wonderweis KOed Ukitake, Barragan will too. Simple as that.Quote:
1) How do you know Barragan is able to accomplish every feat WW did? WW may be even stronger than Stark.
2) It seems kids are Ukitake's Achilles' Heel, he didn't expect such a move from WW. Mashiro KOed WW, do you think Mashiro is much stronger than Ukitake?
It isn't about strength, it is about Ukitake's durability. He has low durability and is a sick man. Plus no one has come up with a feasible way for Ukitake to even touch Barragan.
Now I see Wonderweis exposed the holes in Ukitake's game. And yeah, if a Mashiro kick hits Ukitake...well, he would be dead, but if she kicked Shunsui he would get back up. Why? Because Ukitake just cant take a hit...hes way too sick. He'll gas out after dodging a respira or two then Barragan will be wondering if he should attack a sick and dying man. I bet he would just leave because there is no reason The King of HM has to lower himself to beating up sick people for his wins. He can get plenty of victories by fighting the young arrogant captains like Hitsuguya and Soifon....why bother finishing off Ukitake?
Last edited by Hachigeneral; September 16, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Ukitake's illness may show up anytime, it is random. He may get sick without engaging in a fight, he may not get sick after 10 hours of continuous fighting. There is no connection between his condition and the effort he made.
Maybe he will? That's the thing, if he works too hard he can end up incapacitated or worse due to his illness. That's why Wonderweis went for him first, because like a shark smells blood WW smelled weakness.Quote:
Illness and exertion go hand in hand. If his lungs are damaged which is pretty obvious by how he chokes out blood when he pushes his damaged lungs beyond their limit he is going to beat himself. Barragan will say "I don't even think I need respira, you already got the lungs of an old man with COPD". Come on guys, when he was fighting that fodder hollow he was so incapacitated by his illness that he couldn't even stop the hollow from attacking Rukia.Quote:
And no, in a world in which people lose tons of blood with no ill effects, don't try to establish a connection between exertion and illness. Kubo didn't establish such a connection, on the contrary he implied Ukitake is quite a dangerous opponent. Don't overlook it.
Just even suppousing that ukitake absorbs respira, it would rot his sword from inside and even if he has the time to direct the attack to Barragan there is the barrier that he has to counter his own respira
incinerates everything it touches but it didn't incinerate Shunsui and Ukitake's zanpakutos.
sure nobody could cut him but he was proven wrong.
Last edited by Gran Maestro; September 19, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
I agree with hachigeneral, that if the illness pops in then it's over for ukitake...but since it's plot device it really doesn't have much importance...nevertheless it mus be counted, cuz even if 0.0001% to have a TB crisis, the chance is still there...on the rest of the discussion I kinda tend to agree with Mifune Taichou and co. why?
Cuz I think zanpaktou's don't have age, they are closely connected with the shinigami so they depend on the shinigami's age, but it's shown that as long as a shinigami lives, the zanpaktou regenerates...the soul itself doesn't age, only the outer shell the shinigami does...I also agree that respira can be fended by reiatsu, becuz reiatsu can be heavy, strong=>so very strong reiatsu can do the job...but I think inly yama or aizen could accomplish such a feat...anyway I voted Ukitake and his easy win, becuz his zanpaktou can redirect respira, no matter how fast it is, he just needs to point his sword in the right direction...also in addition to his shikai ability, top level kido, or bankai can do the job
but on the other hand, once we get to know ukitake's bankai, then we will get more info to debate on
One more thing why is it that ppl say that he definitely cannot absorb respira, I mean like he absorbs ceros, ceros if they touch something then they explode right, they create an explosion or burn whatever at their first contact with something, so if he can absorb that then there's a possibility of him absorbing respira too, who know's maybe his shikai has some power to negate the side effects of of his opponent's attacks so he can freely absorb them and redirect them.