Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/25/15 - 5/31/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
I'm trying to get information about this character:
(in case you are wondering, this is from the Zoids: Generations 'Original Story' artbook)
Thank you for your time.
Considering that the scan I made makes it difficult to see the stroke count on the kanji, I decided to see how well I translate this now that I have a nice new "Kanji Learner's Dictionary". I know I'm probably DEAD wrong on the translations.
There are four sentences...
- A person in hiding tries to make to her to a small village near the outskirts of the boundary, she has been living her life in a ZOIDS since she was little.
- (the 2nd sentence just lost me, and it's not really making any sense to me)... uh, the village chief took her in to raise her in a bright and cheerful environment, but one she would try to figure out where she belonged?
- At a young age, she received a pale blue LIGER-ZERO and she used it actively to patrol a nearby field. (I have NO idea what souga is.)
- Belonging to a tribal family, she had a connection to the person in charge?
Damn, this is hard.
This was my translation... the stuff in parentheses are kanji translated)
- (hide) (person) ta chi no (make) tta (vicinity) (boundary) (small) sa na (village), ka ge ri ni (little) (woman)
- (village) (chief) de a ru ha ku ku ru no mo to de, (element/plain) (straight/fix) sa to (bright/clear) (cheerful/clear) (pleasant) (active/life) sa o (picture) ni (depict) i ta yo u ni ma ssu gu (raise) tta ga, (village) ni ha (same) (world/age) (substitute/generation/change) no (child/noun suffix) (offer) ga i na ka tta ko to mo a ri, (world/age) (question) (know) ra zu ka ra ku ro (stubborn) (solid/firm) sa o (hold) chi (combine/fit) wa se te i ru.
- (very young) i (summit/recieve humbly) ka ra (pale blue) i LIGER-ZERO, SOUGA to (joint) ni (field) o (drive) ke (patrol) ru (life/born/student) (active/life) o (send) tte i ta.
- SOUGA ha (house/family) (tribe/family) no yo u na (connection/barrier/getaway) (person in charge).
Last edited by Eshvoide; September 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
It is hard to make out at this resolution. I suggest you search by radicals, not by stroke count. E.g., here's the first sentence: 隠者たちの作った辺境の小さな村、カゲリに暮らすゾイド乗りの少女。
The translation should be IMO: A ZOID riding girl who leads a gloomy life in a small frontier village built by recluses/hermits.
Here's a helpful link I used: http://www.edrdg.org/cgi-bin/wwwjdic/wwwjdic?1R
I'm not a translator here (well, probably because I haven't found anything I want to translate^^), but hope this helps you.
I didn't really translate it, its more like a paraphrase:
A young zoid rider living in the small, remote village of Kageri. Living with the village leader, Hakukuu, she was raised to be quiet and cheerful, but as there were no other children around her age, she grew up to be stubborn and didn't really understand the world around her. Every since she was young, she enjoyed a life of playing in the fields with her blue Liger-Zero, Zouga. Zouga is like family to her.
And since I know absolutely nothing about zoids, that's the best I can do.
Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary
My kanji dictionary seems to determine the kanji by... left/right (隠) (for example, stroke count that 'beta' looking character then guess the stroke count of the next), up/down (暮) (the line with the two dashes on the very top, then guess the stroke count of the bottom), enclosure (辺) (the L type shape that seems to be in the lower left corner of the 'chikara' or 'ken' type kanji), or solid (少) (with no relation to the other three, everything is placed in here)... the dictionary also tells me say look up kanji # so so if it's an incorrect classification, though one thing I have noticed that my dictionary really doesn't show what happens to the kanji when paired up with some others, because I know there are a few out there were if you add another kanji, the meaning changes drastically...
I started to use that link when someone showed it to me. I could use some radicals with certain ones, but the others I was more of... what do I put with what to get this?
Thank you for your help.
Argh, katakana really threw me off. I thought certain katakana(s) had a kanji (like village in this example) depiciting it was a name of a city. But I guess if someone said amerika so fast, I would say... what?
Thank you for your help as well.
ZOIDS is a series that features characters that ride these gigantic robotic creatures representing what looks like animals called 'Zoids'. The series of Zoids she came from is not in either the anime or manga releases of the series. The artbook (shown below) seems to show the series in a 'novel' format.
I forgot to add a picture of the artbook it's from. Midori is on the front cover.
Last edited by Eshvoide; September 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost