Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
From strongest to weakest, how do the Great Nations rank in comparison to each other and for what reasons?
1. Konoha-Formally had two Dojutsu Kekki Genkai Clans, produces powerful Shinobi that seem to be the creme of the crop each generation, and seems to have the strongest economy and military base of all the Nations.
2. Kiri-With the revelations of Kisame, the fact Yagura could control all tails of his beast, the current Mizukage's twin Kekki Genkais, and the fact that this was the primary place where Orochimaru did his recruiting says something.
3. Kumo-Have (had) two Jinchuuriki, one which could control the Ox entirely, general beast which the Raikage is, and that Omoi and Karui could hold their own against post-Pain non-Sage Mode Naruto shows they produce exceptional Shinobi.
4. Suna-Poison experts, formally a Jinchuuriki Kage, harsh environment makes their Shinobi stronger, Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara were easily the strongest Genin of the Chunin Exams three years previously make them a solid Four.
5. Iwa-Still much more powerful than a Minor Village, however, its clear they are the 'Russia' to 'USA' which Konoha is. Their Tsuchikage, while powerful, is old and clearly not in his prime and they seemed to suffer major casualties in the Fourth Shinobi World War. Thus they have a fifth place in terms of most powerful.
We know a tiny amount about the villages...the Akatsuki representatives seem to be extreme outliers-Sasori and Deidara, for instance, are probably far, FAR stronger than the average Suna and Iwa powerhouse.
As for Kiri...it's hard to say. Kisame is apparently remarkably strong with recent revelations, Yagura was undoubtedly beastly...but given Zabuza was apparently one of their seven strongest-and he is no longer that impressive with the sorting algorithm...
Konoha's undoubtedly the tops if only for producing the four Hokages it has already. Iwa...the Tsuchikage's pretty darn strong...though the only other representation we have is Deidara...who's enough to bump Iwa up a notch or two if he's factored in. Really, though, I'd switch Kumo and Kiri....the two controlled Jinchuuriki, plus the apparent power of its ninja (Omoi, Karui, Shi and darui indicated)...hell, they could probably rival Konoha.
Base on what we had seen so far, here is how i see the villages rank in strength:
1.Konoha-They we still butt rape any village even after what Pein did to them.
2.Kumo-They got Killerbee(even though i doubt they will have him for long). As well as the Raikage.
3.Suna-You can't go wrong with Gaara. Also they the second most important village as far as the manga plot go.
4.Kiri-Hot blonde Kage, can't go wrong with that either. She also has 2 KGs
5.Iwa-Nothing much here.
1. Konoha: durr. It's been directly stated. The two clans that conquered the world are here. 2/3 doujutsus are here. Senjutsu, Mangekyo Sharingan, Kyuubi, Mokuton, Nyoibo, personal space-time jutsu, Death God sealing, the best medical jutsu in the world, the best immortality jutsus (Madara and Orochimaru), etc, all come from here. All 9 of the bijuus were collected here, only to be given as peace offerings to other countries.
2. Kiri. They've got two bijuus, one of which fully mastered it like Killer Bee. They've got the Seven Swordsmen, six near-Kakashi-level ninjas and a bijuu-level guy. Bloodlines out the ass (Mizukage, Haku, Kimimaro). As well as the Hozuki clan, which can turn into water (Suigetsu and his brother). And apparently they had Madara, too.
3. Kumo. Two well-trained jinchuurikis, one of which perfectly controlled the 8-tails. The Raikage and his clan. Darui and his storm KG.
4. Suna. One jinchuuriki. One godly KG (Iron Sand). The whole line of puppets, including Monzaemon's ten masterpieces, and Sasori's human puppets. High skill with poison, and medical jutsu second only to Konoha.
5. Iwa. Magic dust cube, flying, and petrification jutsu. Explosive clay. Golem thing. Two jinchuurikis who did very good jobs utilizing their ability (5-tails who used steam-powered armor, 4-tails who used lava jutsu). Honestly, Suna is probably the weakest of all the villages, but we just don't know much about Iwa.
My order is slightly different.
1. Konaha: Obvious, it has also been stated to be the strongest.
2. Kumo: Kumo seems to be a pretty aggressive village that has been stockpiling on ninjas and jutsu for a while, the other countries on the other hand has been scaling down their forces.
3. Iwa: I agree that the leaf and rock are kinda like Russia and the US. They're definately old enemies
4. Kiri: Kiri may have been strong once but imo, seems to have lost a lot power. They're also isolated from the other countries and thus have been involved in less wars, I fully expect that they were in the process of shrinking their forces.
5. Suna: To me the sand was in rather a dire position. After Gaara there isn't much left that are hokage level. They've also suffered huge losses at both the invasion of the leaf and from Sasori, not to mention the decreased funding by the wind country.
I would say :
But Rock might be higher than that...
Considering that they seem to be the Fire country worst enemy, they kinda need to be strong, otherwise Fire Country would just have conquer them already...
And let's not forget that the Fire country had huge blows one after the others, and that they are passing from one Kage to another a lot lately...
They might not be the strongest anymore...
Last edited by THM Nindo; October 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM.
I would probably put them in a similar way - maybe I would <for now> put Kiri and Iwa as equal - both have to show me more, especially 'given' the new fighters in the manga <3 So my top5 of the villages would be:Originally Posted by KnuckleheadedNinja
1. Konoha - obvious reasons
2. Kumo - because they had 2 jinchuurikis <in that 8-tails!>, Raikage and all that stuff of gaining power and such motif; seriously, it sounds as one of the strongest villages out there xd
3. Suna - because Gaara onws all <joke>
4. Kiri/Iwa - I can't decide right now - I would like to see/know more about them, and giving the plot development in the manga at the moment, it's possible for that xp
Personally I wouldn't rank Suna high. Gaara is good but the rest have shown to suck. Chiyo is dead and Temari and Kankurou are not that great, neither is Baki. My list would be..
Konoha - Obvious reasons.
Kumo - Compared to the other countries they've shown to have very skilled shinobi. Bee is among the top 5 strongest currently alive (in my book), and raikage is extremely strong too. Then we have Team Samui, Darui and Shi who all have shown great skill. A very promising country imo.
Kiri - Yupp, this is where I rate them. Based on assumptions around Ao's strength and Mizukage's extreme skill I'll rate them here. This country is also promising in my eyes.
Suna - Not sure where to put them actually, but I put them on 4th because of good faith. Honestly from what we've seen I'd rate them 5th, but let's go with 4th.
Iwa - Should have a higher position. Tsuchikage's skill speaks for itself, he's a monster. And his bodyguards have shown to have great skill too. I think people underestimate this country because of their loss in the third war to Konoha. But based on what we've seen they shouldn't get better than 4th place. Still I put them in 5th even if they deserve 4th because.. Well I like Suna.
Well here's my ranking...it's a given that we don't know much about kiri iwa and kumo...but certain things are known and IMO just iwa lacks info
1. Konoha:even now konoha has excellent shinobi, mainly the buildings were destroyed, the people remained, and konoha also has root+other obvious reasons
2.Kumo: Tsuchikage said that kumo were amassing jutsu and weapons and they were a threat, plus considering two jinchuuriki's who could call out complete forms with no apparent difficulty
3.Kiri: was considered bloody mist for a while so I guess top notch shinobi were produced, the existence of many powerful bloodline limits(sad they are dead by now), except mizukage...had a jinchuuriki who could control his bijuu, has/had 7 swordsmen of the mist
3/4.Iwa: I don't really know if iwa should share place with kiri, obviously the lack of info is great...what we know is that iwa had two jinchuuriki, so the power levels are obviously up...they were able to produce shinobi like deidara, they also battled on par with konoha at least where minato was not around
5.Suna: I think this is obvious as konoha being the first...they produced great shinobi like gaara, sandaime, sasori...but they lost heavily after oro played them, they had the weakest jinchuuriki so I think, my choice is well-based. What suna has as a great advantage is the strategic location. Desert is a hard place to fight, especially when sandstorms are against U, and the kage manipulates sand.
Right now it's obvious that Kumo is second-strongest. But in the past, it seemed like Kiri was second-strongest. Kumo, Kiri, and Iwa all had two jinchuurikis, but one of Iwa's was a weak link (the Yonbi couldn't use yoton until after he'd left the village and went on a journey), while Kuma and Kiri have both had one perfect jinchuuriki each. In terms of jinchuuriki Kumo and Kiri are even, except Kiri has Seven bodyguard/Kakashi/S-class level swordsmen, and Haku's bloodline and the Kaguya clan and Mizukage's clan bloodline. I just don't see how Kumo could ever muster up that many strong people.
This is extremely hard to say the least. There are many factors to be considered here. After the suna-konoha incident konoha did lose around half it's power right? Then we have the removal of the jinchuirikis from most nations. On top of that pein recently grounded konoha. akatsuki has done nothing but alter the balance of power between nations(I elaborate on that on another thread of mine). The mist village seems to also have gone through some pretty unstable times just recently.
I would think it goes this way right now:
1.- Konoha(even if it has been grounded, invaded and reduced to rubble) because it has a jinchuiriki and a decent number of KG.
2.- Kumogakure. It has been collecting ninjutsu and has a very powerful jinchuiriki(jinchuiriki more important than the jutsu BTW).
3.- Rock village. I think they are doing better than the sand village because they seem to have a greater of stability due to the events a few years ago.
4.- Sand village. Seems a tad unstable and weak due to the events a few years ago. Also lost its jinchuiriki
5.- Mist. Most unstable of all. They also have lost their jinchuiriki and their seven swordsman seem to be mostly insane(without kisame and zabusa they lost 2 of their strongest jonnin). Kisame also seems to be capable of replacing a jinchuirki...
Konoha- As many has stated already so I won't rephrase.
Kirigakure- I believe they contians the mist village, the waterfall village, and the other water based villages too right? Also, it was also the place where they had the infamous academy graduation which weed out the weak
Lightning- Very skilled ninjas and powerful biuus
Rock- has yet to see much