Here's my top5.
5.Echizen VS Yukimura
4.Atobe/Niou Vs Ochi/Mouri
3.Tezuka Vs Fuji
2.Atobe Vs Irie
1.Sanada Vs Tezuka
Last edited by Philia; December 15, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
Moderator message by: KaozThere still haven't been that many matches in SPoT, so I figure we can just convert the old Part 1 Favourite Matches thread to cover both series from now. Anyone who has previously posted in this thread is of course more than welcome to update their lists.
5- Kirihara/Shiraishi - Miyako/Matsudaira
I really liked Atobe-Sanada but we didn't see a full match, just some points.
And... yeah I like Kirihara's matches.
---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------
Crap I forgot about Atobe - Ryoma... k it's the new number 2 and Kikumaru - Kai gets just a special mention (the first match I ever watched / read in PoT and it was awesome).
I always thought that Inui was just pretending, he never abandoned the data, and that's how he got the exact same result as they were kids. It was all a plot.
But in his match againt the no. 17, Yanagi says to Inui "playing without data like you did in Kanto is fun".
Last edited by Hardy; December 14, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Yeah? In the first one, regardless of whether or not Inui actually threw away his data, Yanagi was under the perception that he did, or that's what he connects with the Kanto finals anyway. In the second one it's just a general statement evaluating the experience. That's how I'd interpret it at least to keep it consistent with what happened back then.
Also, my list in here is really outdated. Although I'm not really sure how it looks like now.
I think this all depends on whether or not Oni VS Kintaro gets animated, or if Atobe/Niou VS Ochi/Mouri gets animated.
And animated correctly at that. Then there's Kimijima/Tohno VS Marui/Kite too. Along with Atobe VS Irie.
There are at least 4 amazing matches in SPoT that can all contend for title of best matches in the series in anybody's Top5 imo.
I still have Hirakoba/Chinen VS Fuji/Kawamura as one of my favs. Really enjoyable to re-watch.
I'll have to come back and rearrange my list soon.
1. Yukimura vs. Kintarou - this is how PoT should've ended! No Jaket dropped and and Echizen covered in sweat and blank eyes... ^__^
2. Yukimura vs. Echizen - just because Yukimura owned Echizen 95% the whole time till he had PoP..
3. Fuji vs. Niou - The Hoshi Hanabi revelation.. i hope they show that in Shin, properly.
4. When Kikumaru was playing by himself and he multiplied cause he was lonely... ^__^ so touching...
5. Tezuka vs Kite - I still can't believe how he Zero drop that shot face to face.lol but who cares, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
No order here:
Marui/Jackal v. Momo/Kaidoh
Probably the last match where the Dunk Smash meant something. Also, Specialists against All-Rounders (or aggressive baseliners).
Tachibana v. Chitose
I loved most of the match but realizing how Tachibana was holding back was depressing.
Fuji v. Niou
I liked how Fuji easily uses his original 3 counters against "Shiraishi". Also liked the Inui dream.
Shiraishi v. Fuji
Sometimes, a genius will be completely outclassed. Fuji's big break with the 5th counter is cool but still beaten down.
Hiyoshi/Mukahi v. Inui/Kaidoh
The reveal of Kaidoh's new move is just perfect. The power shift was just executed brilliantly.
Atobe v. Irie
This is the first high tension battle in NPoT. The fact that Atobe practically abandons his pride is great.
Marui/Kite v. Kimijima/Tono
The victory of the high schoolers is great. I liked Tono's executions, Kimijima's negotiations, Kite using Viking Horn and Habu, and Marui's perfect fortress/wonder castle.
1 tachibana vs. chitose
2 kite vs. tezuka
3 fuji vs. ryoma
4 akaya vs. krauser
5 akaya vs. yanagi
my top 5
1. Sanada vs Tezuka.....only the emperor has the authority to tell the BALL what to do, and we get to see how useless tezuka is when his tezuka zone spam fails. sanada now my 2nd fav character from this match. the opening was the single best rally ive ever seen, and the rai reveal looked dope.
2. Atobe vs Echizen...... ok, i lied, THIS is the best rally ive ever seen, koori no sekai at its best, the is one of the few matches where ryoma's play is actually interesting (my opinion) i actually LIKED that comeback (and i generally dislike ryoma), but the opening rally (higuma otoshi bitchez) and the ending was awesome too
3.Yanagi+Kirihara vs Inui+Kaidoh.... "its ok kaidoh...ive collected....the data" Inui makes nerds look cool sometimes, but the star of this match was Kaidoh. Im convived that if this was a 2vs1 match, Kaidoh would have won. A little desperate to use demon akaya but even then, Gyro Laser, Tornado snake, reverse snake, Boomerang all hit with the same pose, and both yanagi's data, and kirihara's anger were utterly useless, give credit to inui for MAKING this beast what it was, kaidoh was unstoppable. this match would have been no.1 IF kaidoh had a LITTLE rampage with devil mode. just a little, all i asked
[yet still kaidoh's tech stat stays at 3 while akaya's went up]
4. Fuuji vs Tezuka.... not as intersting as other matches, but on the list because of the relevance to the series, lets be honest, we ALL were waiting for this match to happen, trple counter vs tezuka zone, and tezuka zone won(sadly), but fuuji losing for the first time in his life (and crying like a baby) turned out to be more good than bad, as us fuuji fans get to see fujji evolve from this match ( if only fuuji got his rematch befor TnK), fuuji is my fav character and some tezuka fans gave me a hard time but it was good to finally settle the long standing issue. and it was a pretty close match to be fair.
5. Fuuji vs Niou....the losses from tezuka and shiraishi built up to this point. we see fuuji at his best (at the time). tezuka zone and bible tennis defeated fuuji in the past, but this time neither stood any chance, even though he never ACTUALLY played tezuka. Fuuji at this point was probably the strongest at seigaku (for the next few hours anyway) and hoshi hanabi pwns. Fuuji quite easily beats niou (after little trouble) and looks cool while doing so.