Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/29/15 - 7/5/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boruto: Naruto the Movie

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Boruto: Naruto the Movie

Just in case anyone missed it;

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/04/...movie-trailer/

Super keen for the gaiden and movie! Very thankful to have so much content after the original series end!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boruto: Naruto the Movie & Naruto Gaiden

Why do I get the impression that Boruto's as obnoxious as his father was? Naruto didn't have any parents, he had some semblance of an excuse. He just seems like an entitled brat. Of course, this is only a preliminary judgment.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Why do I get the impression that Boruto's as obnoxious as his father was? Naruto didn't have any parents, he had some semblance of an excuse. He just seems like an entitled brat. Of course, this is only a preliminary judgment.
    This is my exact sentiment. I can't shake the feeling that this kid is going to be extremely irritating and his motivations IMO are non existent to build a movie around him. Gives off a 'hate me please' vibe.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolt is a "prodigy" (the kind that probably learns a new thing with a glance. Hence the meaning of the name and it being a tribute to another but unexplored genius, Neji), taught by Sasuke, the master (like Jiraiya to Naruto, Nagato & co, or how Tsunade relationship was like to Sakura) and has beef with his father, the hero.

This means lightning style is assured to be his signature element... & since the number 1 beast in chakra manipulation and quantity is his father and a chakra beast is his mother (the last), I expect Bolt to be a stamina and chakra freak with outstanding finesse. Though he's outright smirk and kinda mischievous. Basically, he's kinda what Naruto would have been like if Minato & Kushina lived... minus daddy issues anyway.

Sarada is his "comrade" maybe sparring partner, or teammate (I hope they aren't teammates though, the need to separate lol), a cold personality (Sasuke parenting skills tho lol). Wonder if she'd be a genius hardworker like Lee, not like Sasuke, Neji & etc. It'd be cool if she had a similar style to Haku with ice control (Sasuke has Rennigan, I sure he could at least spare some time to direct her lol).
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I feel the exact same way. I've been saying this crap for months. I cannot get behind his kid because he's had it way easier than his dad ever did. And it's not like Naruto is dead or off on another planet training, or some other crap like that. He still in Bolt's life but Bolt still wants to piss and moan. It's just freaking irritating.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's important to remember Bolt is a walking talking fan service just like Sarada. He's meant to be a caricature of Naruto in order to appeal to our nostalgia of Naruto from chapters past. "Oh wow, he's so much like Naruto was!" is what Kishimoto's going for whether it makes sense or not.

Though I don't get why it's okay for Naruto to be a loudmouthed vandal as a kid and not Bolt. At the end of the day they were both acting out because they wanted attention. Naruto from the village. Bolt from his father. I can't say one is more worthwhile a reason than the other. Remember, it wasn't the hate and ridicule that made Naruto act out. It was ignoring him that made him act out. Naruto had a harder life than Bolt, but that doesn't change the fact that they both act out because of loneliness.

Plus everyone should know having family doesn't mean you're not alone.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795
    Bolt is a "prodigy" (the kind that probably learns a new thing with a glance.
    Where'd you read this? Or what implies it?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    It's important to remember Bolt is a walking talking fan service just like Sarada. He's meant to be a caricature of Naruto in order to appeal to our nostalgia of Naruto from chapters past. "Oh wow, he's so much like Naruto was!" is what Kishimoto's going for whether it makes sense or not.

Though I don't get why it's okay for Naruto to be a loudmouthed vandal as a kid and not Bolt. At the end of the day they were both acting out because they wanted attention. Naruto from the village. Bolt from his father. I can't say one is more worthwhile a reason than the other. Remember, it wasn't the hate and ridicule that made Naruto act out. It was ignoring him that made him act out. Naruto had a harder life than Bolt, but that doesn't change the fact that they both act out because of loneliness.

Plus everyone should know having family doesn't mean you're not alone.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Where'd you read this? Or what implies it?

The kanji means prodigy.
    This is from the movie website. http://boruto-movie.com/chara/index.html

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazydude
    The kanji means prodigy.
    That makes mores sense. I thought he was claiming he was a prodigy, not that his name meant prodigy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That makes mores sense. I thought he was claiming he was a prodigy, not that his name meant prodigy.
    I claimed both ^^

His named is a tribute to Neji/Minato?

The meaning is self explanatory (look at usain bolt).

Sasuke was confirmed his personal sensei (Like the legendary team 7 relationship with the Sannin).

The name, sensei and aura already reveals his signature element, lightning.
    "Sasuke has never been selfish, he's only been self-centered"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Masterpice's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok first of all Why is this story called "7th hokage and whatever" If it's already centered around Sasuke and his kid? Pretty weird.
    Second of all I hope Boruto will act out to his father but will be genius lvl ninja cause I don't care about another Naruto in the story...I want him to get Byakugan cause that would be sweet.
    I wonder how many chapters will that gaiden have.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boruto: Naruto the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpice
    Ok first of all Why is this story called "7th hokage and whatever" If it's already centered around Sasuke and his kid? Pretty weird.
    It's 10 chapters. It focuses on multiple characters leading up to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795
    The meaning is self explanatory (look at usain bolt).

Sasuke was confirmed his personal sensei (Like the legendary team 7 relationship with the Sannin).

The name, sensei and aura already reveals his signature element, lightning.
    That's a lot of assumption though. Kakashi was Naruto and Sakura's sensei and neither of them had lightning. Only Sasuke did. It'd be little more than coincidence if Bolt had lightning.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke is Boruto's teacher ? Heeeh who knew that would happen

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed that part about Sasuke being Boruto's sensei...where was that? An interesting combo though..maybe I'm more curious about sasuke as a sensei

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mangang's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know why I get irritating feeling about this brat boruto. If having a good parent is all that is needed to be best ninja and centre of attraction then I am done with this manga. It doesn't make sense at all.
    I get a feeling that Sarada wouldn't be any special like her father. I hate Kishi the way he ignore hard worker like rock Lee and his students. And this doesn't have any challenging villian either. Who is going to challenge Naruto and Sasuke? I hope this doesn't turn into chakra race. Whoever got more chakra and good dna will be the boss type of series are the one I hate the most.
    I hope hard work and determination play some role. Hope it doesn't turn to a series that focus only on one character but multiple characters and their development.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The kanji shown when Sasuke is revealed says "Master."

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast