Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: One Piece 783 by cnet128 , Bleach 623 by cnet128 , Gintama 538 (2)

View Poll Results: What do you think of the war arc?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good

2 40.00%
  • At least, it's better than it was in the manga

1 20.00%
  • It's mediocre

1 20.00%
  • It's bad

1 20.00%
New Reply

Thread: The war arc (Anime)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The war arc (Anime)

Now that Naruto is over, I've been planning on watching the anime just to keep it alive a little while longer.

I stopped watching it right at the beginning of the war arc, after Gaara's speech, so I have a lot to catch up to.

I've noticed that they were a lot of fillers during that arc, so I was wondering if any of those fillers were worth watching, or if some of them were really horrible.

I usually don't watch filler, but I'm considering watching those, just because I want MORE Naruto!
    The Kakashi AMBU arc looks really interesting.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the fillers were any good?

PS: This is also a good thread to simply discuss the War Arc as a whole if anyone is interested!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The war arc (Anime)

I don't know if you watched the Chikara Arc, which was sometime before the war arc, I believe, but that was arguably the best filler they ever did.

Most of the filler during the war arc was kind of lame, honestly. It's a problem they've had with their filler in general, in that it tends to really feel episodic, rather than being tied into the overall serial story.

So, for example, there are episodes where they fight the Seven Swordsmen, but it's only ever one episode per character, instead of a big, multi-episode mini-arc.

The ANBU Chronicles filler arc is alright. It actually is structured as a sort of extension of Obito's flashback storyline, which were done really well, and there's a couple episodes about Yahiko's original Akatsuki, too.

Also worth noting that they've just about completely eliminated all filler since the manga's finale was announced, so the pacing has gotten a lot better. They've been going through 2 or 3 chapters worth of story in each episode for a few weeks now.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally am enjoying the war arc much more in the anime than in the manga. They even managed to make Obito likeable, imagine that! In the manga, when he was in the spotlight I just wanted Kishi to get rid of him as fast as possible, but they somehow managed to make his character more tolerable in the anime thanks to some interesting flashback fillers.

Speaking about fillers, I really liked the fillers that focused on Itachi's time with Kakashi when they were both ANBU and I only got a bit annoyed with the fillers centering on Yamato and his origin.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime did quite the job with obito's story. I'm enjoying his flashback story. Its done well and gives the feels like the great flashbacks do and makes obito more likeable. Also naruto's talk no jutsu with him in their inner world thing is also more realistic than portrayed in the manga. My only problem has been the fights. For a while now, the fights haven't had the wow factor and most things that could have been really epic ended up being anti-climatic.
    Also the current anime opening has me feeling extra nostalgic (the song is amazing) especially since naruto is over now. The scenes showing kid naruto and sasuke growing takes me back and its brilliant. The other scenes in the opening are also well picked. The ending theme song and scenes are even better. It just makes me realize how much I'll miss the manga and just how much of a void it left.

New Reply