Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Gintama 552 (2) , One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Bleach 635 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which one did you enjoy most?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naruto Shippuden of course!

5 13.89%
  • Naruto, all the way!

29 80.56%
  • It's a tie!

2 5.56%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which one was best: Naruto or Naruto Shippuden?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wind_NiN's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one was best: Naruto or Naruto Shippuden?

Is it just me or does it feel like Kishimoto didn't enjoy writing the latest arcs as much as he did for part 1?
    Part 1 was all about the growth of Naruto, going from "Zero to hero", getting trained by the top ninjas, learning cool new jutsus like rasengan, there was drama and battles amongst the ninjas of the village, a lot of comedic moments.

However part 2 was all about fighting ugly super powerful villains, over doing the rasengan move, depending more on Kurama's chakra, there were more deaths, less happy/funny times, less interactions between the konoha 11 and Tobi became Obito.

For that reason, I prefer Part I, what are your thoughts? Feel free to vote!
    Last edited by Wind_NiN; November 07, 2014 at 11:42 PM.
    Wind_Nin, Nah-ru-toe fan, out!

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which one was best: Naruto or Naruto Shippuden?

Naruto

and screw anyone who thinks otherwise.

Same

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel exactly the same. Part two was a giant mess excluding maybe the first handful of chapters. While we did get introduced to some interesting characters it seemed like the latter half of the story it just went over the top. I think the part that really killed it for me was the whole reincarnation business. These two kids, that were a product of the world that they were born into, turned into reincarnations of the first ninja's sons. Come on. The only characters left that really showed remnants of what part one was about were Lee and guy. But that's when we get back into dbz when we' re talking about guy, the eighth gate just… But yeah, I definitely prefer part one over part two

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Shippuden lost a sense of direction.... when naruto ended, it felt like orochimaru was the main villain and akatsuki is a threat....

Once shippuden started, it was Pein, Madara, kabuto, then real madara, then obito, then madara and out of nowhere kaguya.... too many elements, too many directions... it was badly handled...

the entire edo tensei part could have been avoided and given the current characters more importance.... why was Oro brought back? why did he really wanna attack konoha?

shippuden had better fights, but thas about it... Naruto was more complete as an anime
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Shippuden lost a sense of direction.... when naruto ended, it felt like orochimaru was the main villain and akatsuki is a threat....

Once shippuden started, it was Pein, Madara, kabuto, then real madara, then obito, then madara and out of nowhere kaguya.... too many elements, too many directions... it was badly handled...

the entire edo tensei part could have been avoided and given the current characters more importance.... why was Oro brought back? why did he really wanna attack konoha?

shippuden had better fights, but thas about it... Naruto was more complete as an anime
    I disagree than SHippuden had better fights... For me, the real amazing batles took place in part 1... Part 2 had bigger scalled batles, but in part one had the battles where i felt stuck in front of the pc eagger to find out how it would end...
    Lee opening the gates vs Gaara, Naruto opening his tenketsu with Kurama's chakra vs neji, those moments, that excitement, i've never felt again...

For me, to choose between "Naruto" or "Naruto Shipuuden" is easy, i could just anser that i don't even follow the anime anymore... The last episode i saw was Kakashi fighting against The Mist's 7 Swordsmen!

So... yea... NARUTO ALL THE WAY
    Last edited by da_ni; November 08, 2014 at 06:46 AM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems like an obvious answer. Whenever Part 1 is mentioned, it's with a heaving of pleasant nostalgia and yearning. Part 2 started off with a bang, it just seriously lost its way and never recovered.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ajax4132's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kishi could go back in time and rewrite Shippuden, he would have done it differently

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_ni View Post
    I disagree than SHippuden had better fights... For me, the real amazing batles took place in part 1... Part 2 had bigger scalled batles, but in part one had the battles where i felt stuck in front of the pc eagger to find out how it would end...
    Lee opening the gates vs Gaara, Naruto opening his tenketsu with Kurama's chakra vs neji, those moments, that excitement, i've never felt again...

For me, to choose between "Naruto" or "Naruto Shipuuden" is easy, i could just anser that i don't even follow the anime anymore... The last episode i saw was Kakashi fighting against The Mist's 7 Swordsmen!

So... yea... NARUTO ALL THE WAY
    ooh i am referring to the manga actually for the fights...... naruto pein was great, naruto orochimaru was great...... deidara sasuke was amazing as well

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ajax4132 View Post
    If Kishi could go back in time and rewrite Shippuden, he would have done it differently
    Yea, I would have never introduced either Pein or Madara.... They should have been the same character
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ajax4132's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh i am referring to the manga actually for the fights...... naruto pein was great, naruto orochimaru was great...... deidara sasuke was amazing as well

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Yea, I would have never introduced either Pein or Madara.... They should have been the same character
    I think he could have gotten away with Pein, Obito and Madara. The problem is that he mushed it all together into one when he should have really had Pein and put Obito and Madara as a Part 3.

He had a chance to really hype up the villainy of Obito and Madara

OT: He also should have had a scene with Naruto and Hinata eating together at Iraichu Ramen stand after the Pein saga.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish nostalgia was the biggest reason for me saying Part I, but it isn't. It was just that great of a manga, and I KNOW it was the top 5 shounen of all times, easily. Part I had so much to it, and there was depth. We had more gray area than Part II (the only gray area I could recall was Konoha's sins during war), and there was more depth and complexity throughout. Part II had that too, but it was only Konoha not being such a good village that primarily showed depth and complexity, otherwise things seemed more black and white.

Itachi and Pain were the perfect final villains/hurdles for Sasuke and Naruto to go through because they were powerful and there was some kind of emotional bond there or something emotional, anyway. Itachi was Sasuke's elder brother who Sasuke loved, respected, and saw as a rival, who betrayed the Uchiha and killed their parents. Pain killed Jiraiya, and he wants to establish peace but in his own way, and book and talk no jutsu aren't enough to sway him. That would have been great to watch, and then we could have Orochimaru as the final villain for all or just keep him out after being absorbed/sealed by Itachi. Kishi dropped the ball big time here.

What makes Part I Naruto stand out is that it wasn't your typical "MAIN CHARACTER CONQUERS ALL FOR A WHILE!" We started out seeing Naruto in pain, his loneliness, and what made him stand out. What shounen has done that? Maybe Yu Yu Hakusho? But we see Naruto not working to become the best fighter of all time, but he's pushing himself to gain the respect and admiration of his peers that have shunned him for so long. It was great seeing this journey in Part I, how Naruto managed to inspire us to keep fighting, even though he had help in form of Kyuubi. That didn't matter because the Kyuubi wouldn't be helping shit if it weren't for Naruto refusing to give up and continuing to fight. He was inspirational.

Part II started out great as well. Naruto matured, and I hoped he'd become a better ninja (better usage of clones, and he actually hid when Yamato was masquerading as Sasori to meet with Kabuto), but I was disappointed for the most part. Then we had Asuma die, and then Itachi, and then Jiraiya. Their deaths were sad because there was at least some emotional connection to them, whether personal or through other characters or both. Emotionally, that and Gaara's death/revival were the ones that actually made me feel emotion. However, the best thing about Part II was Naruto's development, and how epic he was at the end of his fight with Pain and when he took on those Cloud shinobi.

WHich got fucked hard in the ass during the war arc, and Naruto turned into a typical shounen character without the complexity or depth he had, apart from when he confronted Daruto and we learned that he didn't have trust for Konoha people. Literally, one of the best things about Part II, got reversed 180 and kept going straight, and it pissed me off. As a fan of the character, it pissed me off because Naruto is one of the best main character in shounen, and he lost the complexity he had. Part II was good, but the war arc screwed it up so badly (including the Gokage Summit?) by having Senju vs. Uchiha, destiny, fate, and reverse character development for almost everyone but Sasuke.

I went from supporting Naruto as a hokage because I knew he'd do great when he matured to being staunchly against him as hokage because he became so one-dimensional and an idiot even worse than Part I. I even thought Sasuke was a better choice, ffs.

Now, though, post timeskip Naruto seems mature and wiser, so this makes me feel better. And honestly, I think Part I Naruto shits on lesser manga like HxH, OP, Fairy Tale, Bleach, Death Note, and all that other jazz.

Same

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I could agree with you when it comes to pain vs naruto and sasuke vs deidara.. however i didn't find naruto vs orochimaru that great!

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_ni View Post
    I could agree with you when it comes to pain vs naruto and sasuke vs deidara.. however i didn't find naruto vs orochimaru that great!
    it wasnt great in the anime, it seemed great in the manga though...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Emotionally and beyond, Naruto vs. Orochimaru was great.

Same

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Vote for Naruto without filter episode. I mean on episodes after Naruto vs Sasuke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Shippuden included everything after the Pain Invasion arc, it smells very bad. So I must choose Naruto. But I will say that the Shippuden part against Akatsuki was the climax of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast