Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/29/15 - 7/5/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Gintama 551 (2) , Bleach 635 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Bonnie is Ace's Mother

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dogfood911's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bonnie is Ace's Mother

Originally Posted by hokageji
    She is named after Anne Bonny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny

By Bonny's story, she was the daughter of an attorney William Cormac and his maid Mary.
    I know this is going to sound crazy to a lot of people...but I always thought that she had some connection with Ace for a couple of reasons.

First, her character being named after Anne Bonny...do you guys remember when Portgas Rouge (Ace's mom) was pregnant she decided to name the child "Ace" if it were a boy and "Anne" if it were a girl. So I thought for a while that she was maybe Ace's sister...

Then I thought that would have been too crazy because Ace already has a "brother" in Luffy. But I just couldn't give up on the idea of Bonnie being related to Ace. Then I thought about the name "Rouge", it means lipstick, right?

Well, if you look at Bonnie's lipstick closely, it clearly forms a heart...that relates to Ace too because he was captain of the Spade Pirates. They also both have huge appetites...

Then it dawned on me...When Bonnie was watching the war she was crying for Ace. And when she said that this is all "his" fault she was referring to Akainu...

With her age changing ability, I think that it is perfectly possible that Bonnie IS ACE'S MOM!!!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bonnie is Ace's Mother

I think it would be safer to call her Ace's sister as you theorized earlier.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be interesting if there is a connection between ace and bonnie. I don't think she would be his mom though, that would be far too weird. I think the sister scenario is more likely if any. How about if rogue had the same ability as bonnie? With the ability she could have kept ace's size manageable while he kept him under forced pregnancy. The strain of using her ability for a year non stop could have killed her in the end.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The question is: would she be only a rookie (supernova level) twenty years after giving birth? And i can't imagine the woman of the Pirate King being no class and with crew full of weak douches..

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogfood911 View Post
    Then I thought about the name "Rouge", it means lipstick, right?
    It's part of an expression ("mettre du rouge sur ses lèvres"... put some "red" on the lips) but the word itself doesn't mean lipstick. If you think that way, "rouge" could also mean red wine.

For the crying scene, i thought she was saddened by WB's death 'cause she tried to kill BB aferwards !

But i like the heart-shaped thing theory, the sister would be more adequate though !

Edit : I just realized she could be angry because that was him who arrested Ace lol
    Last edited by Geez; November 17, 2011 at 01:29 PM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be a rare plot device to eat that DF after getting pregnant. And I think it was pretty obvious that She died when Garp took Ace out of there.

A sister, however...Could be. A lover is more interesting
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a complicated theory you thought about but i don't think it's plausible at all , i mean this does nothing than complicate things IMO
    Bonnie is indeed a mysterious character but honestly i rather believe she was Koala than what you said 'cause, no offense but it sounds pretty unrealistic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda won't do it in a manga for the weekly shounen jump. It's just too weird. Plus it doesn't make any sense in my opinion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hossice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another thing for your theory, bonnie is from south blue, and Rouge gave birth to ace in the south blue. could help for either
    twitter.com/mahossice - follow back!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont think so, she was crying for whitebeard, not for ace and the one she is refering when she said "Its his fault" was Blackbeard, that why she went after him to the new world but got captured instead.

The manga is completely clear on the fact that both of ace parents are dead and that he is the only son, if not the case, why Roger didnt asked Garp to protect her as well?

The connection with Roger is not based on One Piece but outside of of it, based on Anne Bonny (Whos last name is also a bit different from Jewerly Bonney).

Think about it this way:
    1. We know that Ace mom is dead, that is a fact already shown in One Piece, both Sengoku and Garp said it.
    2. We know that Ace mom said that if it was a boy it would be named Ace, if a girl it was Anne, we can deduct that Ace didnt had a sister named Anne before that, because you simply dont put the same name to a child.

I think is easier to expect Sabo to be alive, which I do actually believe.

And a bigger mistery is to know who is Luffy's Mother
    Last edited by Jdapenao; November 28, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Chapter 329, page 18..................

Just EPIC

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

For now I would like to go on a theory about Jewel-chan being Ace's fiancée (sort of) and Whitebeard's (only real) daughter...

I just can't say why I've got that feeling.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't Oda mentioned that the Supernova were a quick though of him and developed them in a short time too? Would Oda, who has made up most of the plot beforehand really implement such a story for her? Your theory would complicate things to much Imo.

Rouge was shown to be a calm type with curly blond hair, Bonney is the opposite. Why would she spend 21 years apart from her beloved son, why didn't she meet up with him, why is she so hoggish[as a child and adult]? The fact that Bonney was shown to be eating and dirty is the opposite to what we've seen from her in the flashbacks. Personallity change through a DF, I doubt that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Portgas D Rogue pulled the ultimate feat ever by having Ace in her womb for a whole 20 month. With that she sealed her own death. Imo this is the most honourable sacrifice a mother can ever do for her child, i.e. dying to save her own child.

Ace took his mother maiden name in respect for her. Any reviving theory is simply destroying that special bond between Ace and Rogue. For that reason I don't like it one bit. Im sry but I have to shoot this theory flat out down. I would be rly disappointed big time if Oda brought her back.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply