Hi, I'm gothicpsyche! I'm new here, but I just want to say how glad I am to be a part of this great community.
I also love manga, and want to be a scanlator someday [currently brushing up my skills ].
Anyhow, to show my to all, here are Manga Editing & Scanning tutorials I stumbled upon while surfing the Net:
Scanning Guides, in particular
- Alla Editing's Editing and Typesetting Tutorial Site
- Editing A Near-Ideal and Easy Scan According to the Ookla Bible
- Manga Scanning and Editing FAQ - by Questie
- The Idiot's Guide to Editing Manga - by Kalendel
- Manga Editing Guide - by Censored Vagina
- Guide to Manga Editing in Macromedia Flashworks - by Fekket
- Null-Classroom - scanlation classroom that doesn't exist!
- o_o Editing Manga Tutorial - by Suiren
- Possible-Soup.Net's Sample Guide to Editing - by Moonklutz
- Wikilation - a scanlation wiki project
- Zarosaki Tutorials -- Coloring!
- CCA Comic Page Scanning Guide
- How to Use CanonGear in Scanning Manga - by pmyxtr
- Scanning the Ookla Way - by Ookla the Mot
- ban comic sans - download free comic fonts for mac and pc
- Blambot Comic Fonts and Lettering
- Great Manga Onidsuka[sic] - by Fuguta Bei
- Manga Translation - Quick translations of raw manga scans.
I will update this list, as I surf around.
Last edited by phio_chan; February 16, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
Illuminati Manga's official editor tutorial made by illiteracy.
(Much <3 to illit for making it).
Thanks for adding up an editing tutorial, GGpX. I'll also add to the list as I surf around.
Possible Soup's Guide is gone.
Your first two scanning links are the same link, and the third one doesn't load for myself.
The Illuminati Link is 404'd.
Last edited by Wes Blumarine; December 31, 2008 at 02:32 AM.
Thank for the links there, but most of them did not worked in my computer.
New link for Alla Editing's Editing and Typesetting Tutorial Site
Both Ookla Bible and Guide to Manga Editing in Macromedia Flashworks - by Fekket can be viewed if you use the Wayback Machine
Another site that wasn't on the list here http://www.forever-more.1-eurohost.c...orial/home.php, just a side note though it's all yaoi
Another site http://senbonzakura.kageyoshi.net/
Last edited by Nally; February 07, 2011 at 07:26 PM.
Kalendel's The Idiot's Guide to Editing Manga is now at http://main.storminheaven.org/guide/main.html
Hello guys I want to know what version of adobe photoshop are the best and easy to edit raw manga.
If I'm not mistaken, CS3 introduced sample preview for cloning which is a great help when redrawing. CS5 introduced content-aware fill, which gets rid of smaller redraws in no time (and if you're not quality-oriented, then bigger ones too). Past that, there weren't any groundbreaking changes. At least none that will help with scanlating.
Personally, I prefer CS6 because it lets you choose a darker theme, but you you don't really need to go any higher than CS5.
What do you mean, how to? Typesetting hasn't really changed in the last couple of versions...
Though, you can make typesetting a little bit easier using this: http://illuminati-manga.com/illitera...er/?p=Download
And here's my old video tutorial on how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lCwlNdQHYQ