Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Guild outside FT?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Fairy Tail Strongest Guild outside FT?

I was wondering, Fairy tail (prior to disbanding) was clearly the strongest guild but which guild is next in the FT world?
    Personally I think its between Crime Sorcière and Sabertooth. Perhaps lamia scale could be in the mix thanks to Jura. Prior to the GMG, sabertooth was top and lamia scale was second but that's probably because Crime Sorcière isn't legal.

So which is the strongest guild excluding FT?
    Crime Sorcière, Sabertooth or Lamia Scale. Using the status and members right before the timeskip (so CS has oracion seis members, Demon minerva in Sabertooth, but lamia doesn't have wendy etc).

I'd lean towards Crime Sorcière. Jellal defeated Oracion seis alone and also seemed to be able to defeat jura. That's almost half of Sabertooth's fighting power that he can handle solo.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Holt; March 27, 2015 at 06:50 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Strongest Guild outside FT?

Well, FT was the strongest guild by quite a bit as far as we saw. It got two teams with the potential to win the games into the tournament and even then we have to consider they did not have gildarts with them and mistgun was no longer a thing. The best plausible team FT could send would obliterate any team the other guilds could send. Hell, I don't think the best plausible team from all the other guilds combined could beat the best team FT alone could send (gildarts, laxus, erza, mira, natsu/gajeel/grey/...).

Anyways, I would think the second strongest guild is lamia simply because of jura. We saw him fight orga and as powerful as orga was he didn't last a second. Well, it is true that without jura lamia is somewhat lacking and sabertooth would be superior. They have leon and shelia who seem more than capable but still, thats it. I wouldn't think too much of pegasus considering grey beat half their guild alone. Without ichiya they are hardly anything.

I am not sure if crime sorcerie counts considering they are a dark guild. And they have skilled members although oracion 6 just might be a tad lacking. Well, most of their members were taken out either by erza, multiple mages or technicalities so perhaps their strength can remain relevant nowadays. Gerard is a gildarts class mage and he seemingly had trouble beating the 6 of them. Of course, having someone like gerard does seem to give them an edge if we consider them. I guess it depends on the extent to which sting and rogue have grown stronger though. Sting seemingly did what natsu had trouble doing even with lightning flame against genma so perhaps sabertooth would be the stronger one in this regard even with gerard in the mix.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Infinity Edge's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

If you count in the dark guilds then it has to be Crime Sorcière, pretty obviously. If not then it's Sabertooth
    btw I'm pretty sure Minerva is no longer Demon right now and she is back to her old methods (which were better)

However, hypothethically we can say that Crime has only 7 members, while Sabertooth has as many members as Fairy Tail or Phantom Lord did back in the day.
    so collectively I think Saber could take a bite at Crime.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Crime Sorcière is included as well. Numbers don't really matter though. If FT gathered their elite 7 (Makarov, Gildarts, Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, Natsu, Gray or gajeel), they'll suffice to defeat any of those guilds.

Jellal is pretty powerful. He was a former wizard saint and during the GMG, it was alluded that he can defeat Jura, problem being his cover would have been blown. CS lost a powerful mage in Ultear but they got midnight and others in return. Sabertooth will put up a tough fight but I thing CS is the strongest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have said Crime Sorciere had Ultear still been alive

But since she's not, I think it's gotta be Lamia Scale.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Can lamia scale really defeat sabertooth? Before the GMG, lamia scale was the number 1 guild after all. Sting, rogue, orga and Minerva should be able to defeat jura. yukino and rufus can handle Lyon and the others.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is Jura's already trashed Orga with minimal effort and can probably do the same to each individual member of Sabretooth. The individual gaps in power are too big for a combined effort to make much of a difference.
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

But if they gang up on him? To be fair jura evaded orga's attack and orga was kinda keeping up with laxus before jura came. With 4 of them attacking him, its easier to get hits in. Sting and rogue both use Dragon force and minerva's territory magic enables teleportation to suit their attacks. I think they could win.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Jura doged Orga's attack. Seemed to me like he went through it to knock him out and he wasn't even using any special attacks. Honestly against the fifth ranked member of the Ten Wizard Saints, four weaklings together won't pose much of a threat.
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Thing is Jura's already trashed Orga with minimal effort and can probably do the same to each individual member of Sabretooth. The individual gaps in power are too big for a combined effort to make much of a difference.
    I doubt that is necessarily true. It took the strongest move we have seen from gerard for him to barely beat the oracion 6.... Sting and rogue pulled a victory against demon enma even though he was supposed to far exceed the demons of the kyukimon. The manga actually did give us a good idea of the difference in power between people.

http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail...6-page-17.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/fairy-tail...6-page-19.html

As far as we can tell that is probably pretty close to their full power. So orga has about half the magical power as jura which kinda makes sense with how the battle went earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if multiple members of sabertooth were able to handle jura. If consider the gerard situation it could really go either way. Even if is as a team, only lyon and shelia are worth something in the guild. In turn sabertooth seems to have a number of people who could go up against them.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Orga + DF Sting/Rogue and Minerva are pretty powerful. Its not really far fetched to think they could win against jura. Considering Jura already was known as the 5th wizard saint and Sabertooth was still considered tops, I think that indicates they were still superior.
    I'd say its CS first, Jellal seems superior to jura or on par and the other members are actually powerful. Then sabertooth next and Lamia scale.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabertooth were only considered the strongest guild because Jura and Leon never participated in the previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I doubt that is necessarily true. It took the strongest move we have seen from gerard for him to barely beat the oracion 6.
    The Oraion 6 are probably more powerful than Sabertooth, so if even they can still lose against someone who's supposed to be of similar strength to Jura, then I see little hope of Sabertooth pulling off a victory here.
    Why So Serious?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    Sabertooth were only considered the strongest guild because Jura and Leon never participated in the previous games.

The Oraion 6 are probably more powerful than Sabertooth, so if even they can still lose against someone who's supposed to be of similar strength to Jura, then I see little hope of Sabertooth pulling off a victory here.
    Sabertooth has minerva, orga, rogue, sting, yukino and rufus... As far as the oracion 6 we saw in the manga (cobra, racer, hoteye, angel, racer, midnight) I don't see them being more powerful... Sting became significantly more powerful than he was against natsu and as far as we have seen rogue somehow caught up. Minerva was defeated by erza using second origin, a significant upgrade over what she needed to beat midnight. I am not entirely sure of how angel fights now, it seems like anime events are cannon but I don't watch the anime. Rufus did a pretty good job against second origin grey so his skills are definitely good enough to take on an oracion 6.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno. None of the Oracion 6 were one shotted by a simple palm to face like Orga, and zero did seem to do a number on Gerard. Also Kagura is probably stronger than Minerva and Erza beat her without second origin. She only had to release it against Minerva because she was too tired and injured after fighting Kagura in her base form. So I'd still say Midnight is stronger than every member of Sabertooth including Minerva.
    Why So Serious?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Crime Sorciere seems like the obvious option, it shouldn't even be that close. However, if we're considering registered guilds, Sabertooth likely deserves the spot. Lamia would follow.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast