Stand around and gawk like idiots.
Take Advantage of the situation and run.
Meet up with Miria
Get saved by Galetea
Claire is going to do something stupid
Helen and/Or Deneve is going to do something stupide
Absolutly no clue
Claymore Chapter 102- The Akuma That Swooped Down- Review
Just a note here. In the interest of actually getting this review done, I'm doing less pictures this week. Between Easter and needing to return a friends copy of Street Fighter IV on Thursday, I'm a little short on time to do this review.
Last Month I asked which characters you wanted to follow up on in the next chapter. Well we had a tie as five people wanted to see what what Priscilla would do, and five wanted to continue with Yuma and Dietrich. Three of you wanted to see if Claire, Helen, and Deneve were going to be okay. Two of you wanted Miria to show up. Of course Someone wanted Galatea. But poor Cynthia, it seems no one loves her.
Claire- The lead. Although for this chapter she's acting like a sack of potatoes.
Helen- Currently carrying the aforementioned sack of potatoes, I mean lead
Deneve- Willing to sacrifice herself to give the others about 1 one billionth of a second.
Priscilla- Wants everyone to stop pissing her off. Or else.
Dietrich- I'm starting to think that she shouldn't be ranked number eight...
Yuma- Saved by Dietrich. So Dietrich had better not do something like capture her for the organization.
War Of The Monsters-
We open up right where we left of, with Yuma and Dietrich. And Dietrich isn't alone. Anyone who thought that the cloth she had was going to lead in Abyssal Eaters, you were right on the money. Dietrich exploits the AE's tendency to retaliate against attacks and the Hellcats instinct to attack anything they see to get the two fighting. It looks like the Hellcats parasitic rods might cause trouble for the AE's, but it actually helps them out. Dietrich believes that she can influence the battle and determine the winner.
Well as we see Dietrich came in with a plan. And yes it did involve the Abyssal Eaters. The interesting thing is that When the Hellcats rods infect the AE's it doesn't mutate their bodies. All it does is release their mental limiters, making them want to eat anything. Of course this is incredibly dangerous if they survive the battle. I would assume that when she talks about controlling the battle of the outcome, Dietrich means that she will set it up so its either mutual destruction, or so she can finish off the winner. And we get an interesting tidbit about Dietrich. She states she has the power of a high single digit and was demoted. The question is, does she mean she was demoted from number eight, or is she referring to a past incident? Dietrich seems to be awfully strong for a number eight. Also she would have had to report back to the organization, and yet still arrived at the battle before Miria and whoever she's bringing with her.
The Beast Born Of Love-
As for the Trio of Claire, Helen, and Deneve, well Claire is still fully out of it. Deneve is still using the Hellcats to shoot Priscilla full of holes as they run. But it isn't even slowing her down. So Deneve decides to do something noble, and tells Helen to run with Claire while she stalls Priscilla. However something else shows up to attack Priscilla. A huge and monstrous figure. Who was holding part of a girls corpse. Yep, Dauf is back, and has apparently let himself be infected by the Destroyer's rods on purpose. All this interruption is finally enough for Priscilla, so she decides to awaken. And it looks like Helen and Deneve have stopped to gawk at this.
Well that was unexpected. Dauf does show up for some revenge. However it seems he's been taken over by the rods and his rage so fully that he's forgotten everything. This is clearly evidenced by his attacking Priscilla with the hand holding Riful's corpse, and sending it flying as a result. Of course having Priss tell someone that they lost themselves because of a desire for revenge is rather ironic. This chapter also shows some interesting things about the infection caused by the Destroyer's rods. It seems to affect different types of beings differently. The Abyssal Eaters still attack the hellcats, and Dauf still knows he wants to kill Priss, if nothing else. I wonder if we've been overestimating the amount of influence the Destroyer has over those infected. I also hope Claire didn't overhear that part about letting yourself be infected on purpose. I can see her doing something.... Stupid. Oh and Deneve needs a better plan. I don't think the billionth of a second it'd take Priscilla to kill you would give Helen much of a lead.
Winner of the Month- Dauf.
Didn't think we'd see the big guy again. But for saving Claire, Helen, and Deneve, and even more amazingly managing to sneak up of someone, he gets the nod here. Besides berserk or not, I don't see there being a next time.
1. First, we know Priscilla WANTS to kill Clare, and everyone getting in her way, has pushed her over the edge, no more "playing around" anymore. She is now using her awakened body/form, her winged one-horned demon awakened body/form.
2. I just can't see Dauf, despite the infection, as lasting more than 10 seconds against Priscilla's awakened body/form.
3. Deneve, Helen, and Clare are really in trouble now, as surely, awakened form/body Priscilla is much faster (not to mention her wings, able to fly)... (as well as even more powerful)
Deneve and Helen don't stand a chance.
4. Really, the only hope now is for Clare to be able to awaken again, partially or fully and try/hope to kill Priscilla. Which would mean using the Destroyer's rods to break Clare's "awakening complication mental block/wedge thingy". Deneve/Helen would probably have to steal or pull out one of them from Dauf and then stab it into Clare, lol.
5. HOWEVER, I have a personal wish. Miria and co shows up. They all take on Priscilla to protect Clare, lol. AND, I finally get to see Miria+Deneve+Helen awaken and see their bodies/forms and their abilities as they fight Priscilla. heck, even if they die, it would be worth it for me! I WANT to see what Miria, Deneve, and Helen awakened bodies/forms and abilities look like! Galatea and Tabatha would help. Miata* goes berserk and/or awakens too (woot. i'd love to see Miata awaken too). Clarice just stands there for emotional support or cheers them on, lol.
*by the way, Miata really has more potential then Priscilla ever did. If anyone could surpass Teresa (besides Clare), it is Miata. Miata's super senses resulting in "instinctual" fighting ability acts as her own PYS ability which she could use to match up against Teresa's PYS ability.
6. thanks for pointing out about Dauf punching with his hand holding Riful and she ending up falling on the ground! It explains my confusion/opposition over Priscilla saying Dauf is out of control. As he seemed in perfect control... his beloved Riful is presumably dead and he's in a rage of revenge trying to kill priscilla. seemed to be in total control to me. but, now i see how he's not, thanks to you pointing out about him using his hand holding Riful to punch Priscilla with.
7. Dietrich did NOT have to go all the way back to the Org and then come back. that's quite a distance. though, we do see Alicia+Beth going from the Org HQs to Riful in the western land in record speed as they follow the AFs (whom must be moving just as fast!) leading them to Riful.
there's 6 Black Coats that we know of "roaming around" in the western land already. (i'm excluding the retrieval units as they are supposedly taking Raki back to the Org HQs and they don't really count as Black Coats, at least they seem only like "henchmen")
*Rubel and 2 unknown Black Coats. last seen in Lacroa town, in the western land
*Dae. last seen in Ticheri town, in the western land
*the 2 unknown Black Coats that Alicia+Beth stop at to report that they are "Registering" the Destroyer as a threat too, as they follow the AFs to Riful. last seen in the western land or the "central land".
lastly, don't all Claymores (or at least the significant ones, lol) have a Black Coat somehow always around, giving them missions and waiting for the Claymores to report to them afterwards and collecting the money if the mission involved a town's request?
So, wouldn't Dietrich have a Black Coat following her around which gave her, her missions and that she has to report back to.
So, Dietrich, could most certainly have encountered a Black Coat where she's at in the western land (or southern land or central land. Dietrich's travels, lol) without ever going back to the eastern land where the Org HQs is at.
i won't get into whether dietrich was priorly demoted or if she just got demoted. and whether she got demoted to rank 8 from a stronger rank or got demoted from rank 8 to a weaker rank. Nor, will i get into why she chose to say what she did to Yuma and Cynthia vs Deneve and Helen....
as it is all speculation at this point... sighs.. Dietrich really became mysterious due to chapter 102... next month... maybe get some answers about dietrich... sighs...
8A. in hindsight of having read chapter 102:
did the old chapters actually say that the Destroyer's rods infected their hosts into mindless beasts like the hellcats or not? Or maybe it was said, but it was merely the translators' mess-up?
but anyways, i'm now questioning whether the Destroyer's rods do infect their hosts into mindless beasts like the hell cats or not.
8B. ALSO, in looking back at Beth+Alicia....
I'm wondering now.. When Beth was impaled by the huge projectile, maybe it just freed her (and Alicia due to the soul link) from the Organization's control. Allowing them to have their own thoughts and having emotions again and not be the Org's emotion-less robotic weapons. Maybe once Beth got impaled, Alicia+Beth were now acting on their own thoughts on what they should do in their situation.
9. about Dauf and his holding of Riful....
did Riful have her full body, but Dauf in his rage... crushed Riful's body in his hand, causing her to separate/sever in half and her upper half of her body falls to the ground...
if the above is true and if Riful was still alive.... did Dauf just kill Riful whom was just barely hanging onto life? lol.
10. last thing that i jsut thought of now:
If Riful was still barely alive, Dauf would have stabbed the Destroyer's rod into her, to save her, his beloved Riful. So, because he stabbed himself with a Destroyer's rod, Riful must have been dead/killed by Priscilla.
also... if Riful only has her upper half of her body.... does that mean that Priscilla ate Riful's lower half of her body?... lol
11. oops one last thing to mention about:
we now know that the AFs/AEs/"Demons" are completely superior to the hellcats!
there was a debate about the AFs/AEs vs the hellcats, well now it has been answered by chapter 102, lol.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 06, 2010 at 07:56 PM.
4- I don't know about killing Priss just yet. She's the main antagonist, so it just seems like taking her out before the end would be anticlimatic. Also Helen and Deneve don't want Claire to awaken. I think they'd use the rods on themselves before doing it to a comrade.
5- The thing is that once someone awakens, they either might as well be dead, or will be an antagonist because of the mental changes awakening causes. They'll be power crazed sociopaths. Unless Rubel is right and the partial awakened are the way to controllable awakened. If Claymore were a more traditional Shonen, I'd say they'd all get that powerup for sure, but since it's a dark fantasy, I won't hold out.
7- Deitrich's blackcloak can't have been shadowing her. Remember she took off with Helen and Deneve after they killed the AB. And those two would not have let themselves be shadowed. She could have encountered a Blackcloak, but unless she knew where to meet one the odds would have been a bit low. I won't rule it out, but it is odd. Also, they might want her to report her findings about the ghosts back to the Organization headquarters. Unless it was Rubel she met.
9&10- I'm not sure if Riful did have her full body or not. With how Priscilla killed her, she may have had her top part ripped off the rest of her body. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet though that Riful was dead. If there was even the slightest chance stabbing her with a rod would work, Dauf would have done it.
4. that's the only thing i can see that might have a chance against priscilla in this situation that is before us (err... before them, whatever, hehe).
(excluding the Destroyer literally jumping on Priscilla+Dauf, lol. I think you can understand why I'm excluding this as from happening as a possibility of success against dealing with Priscilla/the situation, lol)
5. I JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT MIRIA'S, DENEVE'S, AND HELEN'S AWAKENED BODIES/FORMS ARE LIKE AND WHAT THEY CAN DO, LOL!!! ARGGHH, GROWLES!!!
7. for me personally... i wouldn't put anything past a Black Coat (there's something "fishy" about them and the Organization. They are way too suspicious and omnisficient for me), and that's not even addressing Rubel, himself.... Rubel could do miracles to make (any) gods' mouths drop in awe!
9. ya, Priscilla's attack could have cut Riful in half, but i left it out in my post, because i just wanted to put down the humor/joke of priscilla eating Riful's lower half of her body... hehe
Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 06, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Oh there is one other thing that might get Priscilla to leave them alive. And that is if Claire tells Priss what she wants to know, and how they know each other.
Priscilla isn't looking for information about her past, she wants to regain her memories... I don't think telling her stuff that she doesn't remember, and that doesn't trigger any memories, is going to satisfy her in any way.
True. The thing right now is how are Claire and co going to get out of this alive. It seems like right now there isn't a whole lot of ways to get them out of this situation that isn't somewhat anti-climactic. If Priss dies now, it'll be anti-climactic for the whole series. It also doesn't seem like there is any way for Claire and co to escape from her. Honestly even if Deneve and Helen both awaken, they wouldn't really buy much time. And Claire would be totally catatonic if they sacrifice themselves for her like that. About the only thing that could possibly buy them enough time to escape from Priss is if she decides to go kill the Destoryer first, and I don't see that happening.
Priscilla will die in the last few chapters - like last last last chapter lol
Tbh, I'm struggling to even consider the outcome, I mean Priscilla being as broken as she is, the rest have no hope at this rate. How they're going to get out of this situation...arghh Yagi you better not mess this up!