Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
Let's not forget that Claire was able to reform herself out of the Destroyer before. She may be able to do it again.
Not the chapter I was hoping. The end was the only highlight of the chapter. What is going to happen with Claire and the big thing....have to wait for a month .
I have serious reservations about the Destroyer and Clare as having any kind of positive interaction or "intervention", lol.
1. The Destroyer just demolished Clare's lower body, nearly killing her.
2. It is now lifting up Clare's remaining upper body, in what looks like to me, to be the Destroyer's "killing blow" or "finality" to Clare, to be a scene of Clare's death as it rips what remains of Clare apart in dramatic effect for us poor readers and fans of Clare, lol. Clare probably won't die, being that she's the protagonist, but wow would this be a shocker if Yagi did this to us!
3. Clare (and Rafaela) were going to be consumed/killed by the Destroyer if they had remained mentally linked to it.
4. Clare (and Rafaela) ESCAPED from the Destroyer. Clare or the Destroyer has no interest in "re-uniting", especially in some kind of preposterous merge. Even if they did, as I said in #3, the manga already made it clear that the Destroyer's mind would over-power Clare's (and Rafaela's) mind anyways, consuming and killing them.
5. The Destroyer is suppose to be and was called a "messenger of destruction", it is a "mindless beast" that seeks only destruction of every living thing. Which we see being exactly said in chapter 104.
6. The Destroyer is NOT Rafaela. Rafaela escaped with Clare by transfering her mind into Clare's head. Nothing of Rafaela remains with the Destroyer, except her body, which was half merged with Luciela's corpse/dead body, and these half merged bodies are now fully the Destroyer's Awakened body/form, obviously.
7. The Destroyer's real body is NOT Clare's, its the "hell-bodies/souls" that are "black oil" moving along its huge tentacles destroying all life in its path towards and is now facing Priscilla "faces to face". The Destroyer has the same type of unique body as Riful, Agatha, and Ophelia. It's Twin Goddesses of Love was actually merely its "shell", exoskeleton, and/or a fake body, much like how Riful and Agatha could create a fake human body and use their Awakened body as a shell/exoskeleton protecting their real body that is able to move inside it.
However, there is the issue of Clare being "birthed" (strangely naked, which often represents birth/rebirth/renewal) out from it, and it hardly attacked Clare as she ran from it (only sending out its tentacles non-seriously at her).
it is much more likely and makes much more sense, if:
1. Deneve and Helen cut the tentacles from Clare, and protect her from any more tentacles of the Destroyer.
2. as Deneve and Helen are crying in tears over dying Clare, Dietrich, Cynthia, and Yuma show up. Yuma and Cynthia regenerate/save Clare.
(I presume that the AFs would have been all killed off from their battle with the hellcats, as Dietrich required for that to be the outcome, as the AFs due to being infected-impaled by the projectiles, no longer had the Org's mental "limiter" thingy on them, now desiring to eat any/every thing instead of their single target, like eating the hellcats which they began doing. If the hellcats and AFs didn't kill each other off, the AFs would have been already digesting Dietrich, Cynthia, and Yuma in their stomachs, or if the hellcats survived, they'd have killed Dietrich, Cynthia, and Yuma already)
3. Priscilla and the Destroyer "duke" (fight/battle) it out. I still place my bets on Priscilla, despite the revealed huge power of the Destroyer, as she-Priscilla did demolish the Destroyer's huge fake body (the Twin Goddesses of Love). Priscilla is clearly very powerful even to the Destroyer, but we'll see next chapter how the Destroyer's real power compares to Priscilla's full power. At the end of chapter 104, Priscilla said that she would use her FULL power to kill the Destroyer in a single attack. We shall see if this happens in chapter 105, lol.
4. at some point... Miria n co, need to show up. Then I guess it would thus be all of them (Deneve, Helen, Dietrich, Yuma, Cynthia, Miria, Tabatha, Galatea, Miata, and Clarice) against Priscilla.
5. Clare finally regains consciousness, and finds out that the Destroyer's attack on her, has removed her mental "wedge/block/limiter" thingy, and she can now Partially and/or Fully Awaken again.
6. Partially or Fully Awakened Clare vs Awakened Priscilla, round two. Maybe, one of the Claymores (maybe Galatea), will Soul Link with Clare, allowing Clare to fully Awaken.
err, my #5-6 predictions above, is not actually my theory of what will happen.
if yo go back and look, Clare CAN Partially Awaken over and over again, however, when Clare sends her Huge Blade Arms at Priscilla again, they STRANGELY STOP just inches from Awakened Priscilla's face!!!!!
So, my theory is this:
Teresa/Jean/Rafaela/Irene want Clare to NOT kill Priscilla, yet Clare keeps trying to attack/kill Priscilla. Thus, they try to stop Clare, by preventing her from being able to Partially/Fully Awaken, thus Clare now has this mental "wedge/block/limiter" preventing her from Partially/Fully Awakening.
Instead, Teresa/Jean/Rafaela/Irene, want Clare to SAVE Priscilla, to revert/de-awaken Priscilla, back into a Claymore, like how Clare had done for Jean, how Raki, Galatea, and Jean had done for Clare, and how Rafaela had tried to do for Luciela.
Seeing the brief "returns" to humanity in the Awakeneds, Isley, Riful, Luciela, Alicia, and Beth, it seems to be suggesting that in fact Awakening IS reversible and not permanent nor ir-reversable. Thus this is what Teresa/Jean/Rafaela/Irene want Clare to do, to reverse Priscilla's Awakening, changing her back into a Claymore, and not merely killing Priscilla. As long as Clare keeps trying to kill Priscilla, she will be preventing from doing so, by preventing Clare from being able to Partially/Fully Awaken.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
She has eaten/killed atleast 1000 regular humans and claymores combined.
There's also Priscilla's mental state, she has a black and white view of good and evil (as we saw when she was shocked her "the good" lost to Teresa "The evil") all that will happen is due to how unstable she is she will either awaken again or kill herself.
what would be a fitting punishment for Priscilla instead?
Last edited by evil_kenshin; June 07, 2010 at 05:06 AM.
I certainly agree with everything you said.
Claymore Priscilla (behaviorially and mentally) is certainly just as problematic as Awakened Priscilla, but at least she's less powerful, and thus controlable/containable (barring Priscilla Awakening all over again, lol).
Justice (punishment/consequence such as for Priscilla's actions) is determined by power in the Claymore world. The most "guilty" party is the Black Coats themselves. Yet, without power, that "guiltiness" is meaningless. Now Miria and the other Ghosts do want to see that the Black Coats get their punishment/consequence for what they have done.
Clare definately wants to see Priscilla to get her punishment/consequence for what she has done as well.
My point is that, I think/theorize/believe that Teresa/Jean/Rafaela/Irene do NOT want this, but rather forgiveness towards and a "2nd chance" for Priscilla. Even Priscilla is merely a victim of the Black Coats. If the Black Coats had never created and unleashed the normal yomas on the island, then Priscilla's family would never have gotten eaten. Priscilla wouldn't have grabbed the axe and chopped off the normal yoma's head. Claymores wouldn't have existed on the island as they wouldn't have been needed as the island wouldn't have had normal yomas. Priscilla wouldn't have been made into a Claymore. Priscilla wouldn't have fought and got pwned by Teresa. Priscilla wouldn't have snapped. Priscilla wouldn't have killed Teresa. Priscilla wouldn't have Awakened. Priscilla is just merely the most catastrophic victim of the Black Coats' heinous crimes on the island.
There's nothing wrong with a "black and white" view.
There IS however a problem when/if you don't know what is the "black" and what is the "white" in the world, individual situations, and your decisions.
A "black and white" view of the world is the correct view, but make sure you understand/know which is which, otherwise your view is very incorrect or flawed
I agree with Clare, Priscilla should be executed.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 07, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
i'm not even going to guesstimate whats going to happen to claire.what i want to say is,how do you know priscilla would be willing to revert back.she wouldn't listen to anything anyone said right now.also,i know she's powerful but how do you know how powerful the destroyer's first body was?maybe,it needed that shape to shoot the projectiles,that's why it was stationary and just a weak form compared to true awakened beings.now we'll get to see her true form and maybe even get some insight from her.
I hope the true body of Destroyer is more powerful than Priscilla. Right now, Priscilla is the most powerful creature. Others fall so behind her, which is boring. I want to see someone opposing Destroyer, until Claire is ready to take her on.
uhh is it me or did everything become a lot more meh when Prissy arrived? I dunno, she's like Aizen except she's nowhere near as entertaining. Everything that's happen so far is hinging off of her....and she's not as compelling as Riful or Isley.
Despite the numerous displays of Priscilla (even the amnesia and her quest to regain her lost memories, and flashbacks of her past and of past events), she does indeed remain very under-developed as a character (unlike Riful and even Isley), she remains very dull and drab, with the only thing going for her is her sheer power/dominance, which as you've said is also quite boring.
Well, there's hope now with the upcoming Priscilla vs Destroyer in the next chapter, as least in terms of a possibly more balanced battle involving Priscilla.... Hopefully anyways... the Destroyer better not be killed quickly... Though Priscilla did say she's going to use her FULL power to kill it in a single attack... The Destroyer better be powerful.... or it is going to follow the same fates of Beth, Alicia, Riful, and Dauf! Annihilation!
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2010 at 08:33 AM.
Honestly, I'm not looking forward to a drawn-out battle between Pris and the destroyer. I hope it's quick, kinda like nuclear warfare...
For some reason, I can see the final battle between Claire and Priscilla ending with Claire somehow destroying Priscilla, but causing her to be reborn as a baby, that Claire and Raki will raise. Which is pretty crazy, I'll admit.