Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 139

Thread: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

  1. #121
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Eternal Winter Palace
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Nah, all of you got it wrong!

    After the big war against the WG, Luffy retires and opens a small restaurant Captain D's , any idiot dares to complains about his terrible bad food will get beaten the crap out of them.

    Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

  2. #122
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Well im not sure if one piece will be over by the time oda retires. Let alone luffy die at the end.

  3. #123
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    I thought about Luffy dying at the end aswell. But right now it doesn't really make sense. Luffy is supposed to achieve what Roger couldn't. Whatever destiny it is that he has to fulfill - he will fulfill it. And killng him after he achieved whatever it is he has to achieve wouldn't really be necessary anymore. I mean there might be a timeskip when Luffy is older and maybe then he dies and we see the birth of a new era. But killing Luffy right after he becomes the pirate king doesn't really make sense to me.

  4. #124
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Just remembered thanks to australopithecus' post that luffy used 10 years of his life for healing himself by ivo(was that the name of that okama?) before fighting megallan. Omg! I dont want luffy to get old until the manga gets over.

  5. #125
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Just remembered thanks to australopithecus' post that luffy used 10 years of his life for healing himself by ivo(was that the name of that okama?) before fighting megallan. Omg! I dont want luffy to get old until the manga gets over.
    I know. That's part of the reason why I thought Luffy would die for sure. But think about it. Roger and his crew wanted something big to happen but he couldn't do it because they weren't ready and because he was about to die due to his illness. This thing they wanted to achieve is supposed to be achieved by Luffy. If he just dies aswell before achieving it then his story was pointless and we could've watched Gold Roger's story instead of his since nothing would've changed.

    But after he achieves it killing him doesn't make sense anymore. So Luffy changes the world (by overthrowing WG or whatever) and then dies afterwards? What's the point?

  6. #126
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Dubai
    Country
    India
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    I know. That's part of the reason why I thought Luffy would die for sure. But think about it. Roger and his crew wanted something big to happen but he couldn't do it because they weren't ready and because he was about to die due to his illness. This thing they wanted to achieve is supposed to be achieved by Luffy. If he just dies aswell before achieving it then his story was pointless and we could've watched Gold Roger's story instead of his since nothing would've changed.

    But after he achieves it killing him doesn't make sense anymore. So Luffy changes the world (by overthrowing WG or whatever) and then dies afterwards? What's the point?
    Well luffy did want a bronze statue. So maybe he accomplishes what he is supposed to accomplish and dies later. Leaving the statue as a memory. I would hate that ending. But it is a possibility.

  7. #127
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pot of Gold
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    How long will Luffy last?

    Currently luffy is only 19 yet he's already done a lot that he could be considered a legend.
    He's gone up against numerous shicibukia, defeating some and befriending others, gone up against admirals and come out alive.
    Punched a tenryubito, broken in and out of impel down, defeated CP9, led to destruction of Enies Lobby, survived the battle at Marine HQ. The list goes on. He's certainly done more than a lot of people can muster in numerous lifetimes.

    However, he's sustained considerable damage from numerous opponents, he lost 10 years of his life when Ivankov healed him and Rob lucci said his gear second move is like doping and so is hacking at his lifespan (which he does so much now its second nature to him) . In addition to always pushing himself so much that he's knocked out and faints after most battles. Its certainly a lot for someone so young.

    Just like Roger conquered the sea, becoming the Pirate king, he fell to a disease before turning himself in and getting executed.
    I think luffy will follow a similar fate, he's just 19 yet he's steadily inching close to admiral/yonkou power level (not there yet). In exchange for all this, I doubt he'll live long.
    Last edited by Holt; October 31, 2014 at 09:44 PM.

  8. #128
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Moderator message by: ladylola
    Merged threads since they both discuss the possibility of Luffy dying on his journey.
    Last edited by ladylola; October 31, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

  9. #129
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member desin24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Austria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long will Luffy last?

    Quote Originally Posted by narusasuke View Post
    Currently luffy is only 19 yet he's already done a lot that he could be considered a legend.
    He's gone up against numerous shicibukia, defeating some and befriending others, gone up against admirals and come out alive.
    Punched a tenryubito, broken in and out of impel down, defeated CP9, led to destruction of Enies Lobby, survived the battle at Marine HQ. The list goes on. He's certainly done more than a lot of people can muster in numerous lifetimes.

    However, he's sustained considerable damage from numerous opponents, he lost 10 years of his life when Ivankov healed him and Rob lucci said his gear second move is like doping and so is hacking at his lifespan (which he does so much now its second nature to him) . In addition to always pushing himself so much that he's knocked out and faints after most battles. Its certainly a lot for someone so young.

    Just like Roger conquered the sea, becoming the Pirate king, he fell to a disease before turning himself in and getting executed.
    I think luffy will follow a similar fate, he's just 19 yet he's steadily inching close to admiral/yonkou power level (not there yet). In exchange for all this, I don't think he'll live long.

    Thoughts?
    Oda said in an SBS that humans in One Piece live aproximately 140 years.

    Quote Quote:
    D: Oda-sensei. On the cover of volume 54, you say that people can basically live to be 140, but is Kureha alright? Pen Name: O-baka-san

    O: Ah, right. Now that you mention it, she's 139, isn't she? Well, if we say that the limit for a normal person is 140 years, she's still superhuman, in the sense that she goes beyond other people. So she'll be fine. Also, old people who will die in a year do not walk around in the snow with bare midriffs.
    so if you cut that in half it's still 70 years!! let's cut another 20 years and he still lives up to 50 years.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

  10. #130
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pot of Gold
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    That's assuming his original life span was 140. The reply he gave suggests people can't go over 140 in general. Not everyone has the same lifespan. Its difficult imagining him get that far. There's also the possibility of his body weakening earlier due to over exertion making him lose battles he might won (like whitebeard, even though he was quite older than 50). Still most of the admirals are centered around 50. In OP world I guess that's not so old.

  11. #131
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    The Wall
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by narusasuke View Post
    That's assuming his original life span was 140. The reply he gave suggests people can't go over 140 in general. Not everyone has the same lifespan. Its difficult imagining him get that far. There's also the possibility of his body weakening earlier due to over exertion making him lose battles he might won (like whitebeard, even though he was quite older than 50). Still most of the admirals are centered around 50. In OP world I guess that's not so old.
    Maybe history will repeat itself and Luffy will really die after he finds OP and becomes the PK, but let's not forget that Roger was ill, and he couldn't be cured, which makes me wonder where the Ope Ope stands in this story. If it's supposed to heal all sickness, then how come Roger didn't try to find it or the person who had it at the time, because we can be sure that there was at least one person before Law who had the fruit and apparently died. My point is having your lifespan shortened by 10 years isn't the same as suffering from an illness that can't be cured. Even if Luffy fights and suffers physically, he has plenty of years to live till he accomplishes his dream. I think him dying at the age of 40 or 50 is pretty accurate, and considering the lifespan of humans in OP, and how many of them are able to fight even though they're geezers(Garp is the perfect example) I'm not that worried about Luffy dying prematurely.

  12. #132
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    3,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How long will Luffy last?

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Currently luffy is only 19 yet he's already done a lot that he could be considered a legend.
    He's gone up against numerous shicibukia, defeating some and befriending others, gone up against admirals and come out alive.
    Punched a tenryubito, broken in and out of impel down, defeated CP9, led to destruction of Enies Lobby, survived the battle at Marine HQ. The list goes on. He's certainly done more than a lot of people can muster in numerous lifetimes.

    However, he's sustained considerable damage from numerous opponents, he lost 10 years of his life when Ivankov healed him and Rob lucci said his gear second move is like doping and so is hacking at his lifespan (which he does so much now its second nature to him) . In addition to always pushing himself so much that he's knocked out and faints after most battles. Its certainly a lot for someone so young.

    Just like Roger conquered the sea, becoming the Pirate king, he fell to a disease before turning himself in and getting executed.
    I think luffy will follow a similar fate, he's just 19 yet he's steadily inching close to admiral/yonkou power level (not there yet). In exchange for all this, I doubt he'll live long.
    It was made pretty clear that after the TS, Gear 2 is not a problem for Luffy anymore, not to forget that we never got an actual number how it is influencing his future lifespan.
    Even if Luffy gets the same disease as Roger or gets sick in a different way, Chopper´s entire dream is based on the idea of having the ability to cure every disease in teh world, meaning letting Luffy die would pretty much crush Chopper´s dream and that´s not something Oda will do since he would also crush the entire point of the manga basically.

  13. #133
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pot of Gold
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    It was made pretty clear that after the TS, Gear 2 is not a problem for Luffy anymore, not to forget that we never got an actual number how it is influencing his future lifespan.
    Well actually you can only say he's used to it now. Its like taking drugs, or getting high, with each dose you develop a higher tolerance to it and can increase your limit. However it doesn't change the fact that its affecting your health. Luffys kinda destroying his body. Its not a disease per say so we can't put this on chopper.

  14. #134
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    3,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well actually you can only say he's used to it now. Its like taking drugs, or getting high, with each dose you develop a higher tolerance to it and can increase your limit. However it doesn't change the fact that its affecting your health. Luffys kinda destroying his body. Its not a disease per say so we can't put this on chopper.
    No it´s not the same since higher tolerance means that you also have to dose higher but in this case, it is the exact opposite, meaning Luffy actually trained so far that he only needs a little cause to get much more effect. Having small doses of a drug won´t kill anybody unless you already have some preexisting condition but in this case,no.

  15. #135
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pot of Gold
    Country
    Nigeria
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Luffy will die when One piece ends.

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    No it´s not the same since higher tolerance means that you also have to dose higher but in this case, it is the exact opposite, meaning Luffy actually trained so far that he only needs a little cause to get much more effect. Having small doses of a drug won´t kill anybody unless you already have some preexisting condition but in this case,no.
    Actually now luffy is capable of activating it in individual limbs instead of his while body. Yes he trained and added new techniques and mixed with haki its very effective. However it doesn't change the fact that he's still harming his body.
    He can use it longer and even without signs if. exhaustion like he showed pre timeskip but each time he uses it still affects him even if he doesn't notice. Its not that the damage done is so much that he'd get done in anytime soon. But everytime he does it, the damage accumulates and his life is slowly ebbing away. He can keep this up for a very long time but it'll eventually catch up to him.
    I agree about having small doses but that's the exact opposite of how luffy uses gear second. He practically does it everytime he's in a confrontation even when his base form should be more than enough. In other words, he's takes small doses frequently (borderline everytime). It still amounts to the same thing.

New Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts