Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
I was checking a site and stumbled upon a pretty hilarious thread, so I thought it would be cool if we had one here on MH.
Watching anime is not only fun but also very “educational”, so let’s post the many things we have learned from watching anime.
Here are a few things I have learned:
- The main character (hero) always wins; even if winning against such a powerful enemy makes no sense.
- Two characters that don’t get along so well at the beginning of the story are very likely to fall in love in the end.
- Jewels are not just for decoration, they can also grant wishes, make a character even more powerful, or even help you become the ruler of the world.
- If a girl kicks you, yells at you, or is sometimes cold towards you; it doesn’t mean she hates you is her way of showing she secretly likes/loves you.
Those are some of mine at the moment, but what about you guys? What has anime taught you?
Last edited by destiny4ever; May 08, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
-It doesn't matter how much you eat in a manga, you will NEVER get fatter.
-Apparently, a short training can make you uber-awesome (even if it took 5x times longer to other characters to achieve what you achieved in a few days)
- Nothing is as popular with the ladies as an androgynous guy who is equal parts brooding and unfriendly.
- If a girl's cooking is inedible to anybody but you, then congratulations you have just met your wife(this is true whether you are male or female).
- The human body contains approximately 35 gallons(142.4 Liters) of blood, which is stored under tremendous pressure.
Last edited by Jammin; May 09, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
If you happen to be the lead in a shounen manga, don't expect any real romantic developments until the end of your series. In fact, there might be no further developments at all! Things could turn out a little different if its a romance/ecchi series though...
Also, if you happen to be the lead in a shounen battle manga, there's a very high chance that your powers are going to be among the least interesting and probably most generic... Interesting powers are usually reserved for secondary characters.
#I will be the cutest girl in the school if I take off my glasses.
#Me including everyone in my school would call sempais as 'Onee-sama' (I go to an all girls school) .
#There is no need for me to shorts under really short skirts due to the magic skirt.
#Even if I am an idiot but study with a bunch of friends the day before the exam, I will get full marks.
#Butlers are hawt and can do everything...
#Maids are all cute and moe and can't do anything due to their clumsy-ness.
The most important thing I've learned is that English dubs suck. No exceptions. This is something I've learned for real.
Aaaand here are some stereotypical things I've "learned":
• Young Japanese people have zero English skills and if someone can speak a little English he/she is instantly the coolest person around.
• If you see a guy and a girl alone together, despite what they're doing (and despite if one of them is trying to avoid the other), the two of them are going out.
• If someone keeps pushing up his/her glasses, that person is most likely a genius. Better believe it!
• Learned this from Shounen anime: even if you talk normally, people 100 yards away will hear you clearly.
• The opponent you're fighting will never realize you keep telling him which attack you're going to use and will never take advantage of it.
• Screw actual medical treatment; put on some band-aids, rest for a while and you're as good as new (even if you were near death)!
I will be back with more if I think of any.
Last edited by destiny4ever; May 13, 2010 at 09:51 AM.
-having friends is being weak-says the emo villain
-you can sell pictures of females students
-you always have two-three friends which are either otaku or a pervert-in most shounen-school type.
-the class rep likes you or will like you
-because you're a perv girls will gradually like you
-there's always a rival cooler than you.
-the best place to and eat lunch is the school rooftop
-you can sleep comfortably in the school rooftop despite the blazing sun
- If you're in a shounen manga and you're the most stubborn guy,
you're the hero.
-Ninjas don't hide in shadows.
-Souls and ghosts bleed.
-Pirates ain't evil.
-In romance, no matter how weird the girl is , or how freaky the boy is,
the opposite gender will fall for him/her even when there is so many other good characters around.
-Guns are nothing compared to fists and swords. Although, they are the weapons that caused war.
-Bad guys always have a tragic past, or a sad flashback.
Even though they killed thousands of people.
-You can actually fly, wow.
-School can actually be FUN. oh, yeah.
but most importantly.
- Life is difficult, and romance should be cherished. Even after death, kinship still exist. No matter what difficulties you faced in this harsh world, never give up. There's still love left.
Clannad , After Story .
And also in shoujo school-life series. Maid-sama is an example of a shojo where you have your typical otaku and pervy characters.Quote:
Very true…moreover you will never get sunburn so there is no need for sun-lotion.Quote:
most of he points are made i ll list a few more
-ninjas mafia pirates hunters have WMD
-every upgrade conveniently passes by the MC
-the villains you fight will be near your level (that makes you wonder where the strong ones are and y they come later when you can take them down)
-every one(villains) plan to take over the world
-nerds are more or less the side kicks
-slight breeze can blow he skirts when the main is around but some how it doesnt blow when the fight is going on
-Mains father is /was one of the strongest one around but somehow main dont know or if he knows he cant reach the daddy
-the whole class is divided into nerds bad ass wispering girls etc , there is no one with intermediate skills
- a friend of yours has a PC which has all the data of the cute girls in the school
_you being a normal guy have a crush on the cutest girl of th class(possible /probable) and some how the cutest girl has also a deep rooted crush on you(ha ha which translated to not possible )
-mostly the hero's the male version of Mother Terresa or Florence Nightangle
-laws of physics are meant to be broken
- If you're a shonen lead in a manga/anime, your dad is usually always being epic.
- If the girl you like hits you a lot, it's a sign she's getting interested in you.