Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: One Piece 780 by cnet128 , Bleach 620 by cnet128 , Gintama 535 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Think Could've Stopped Meruem?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Who Do You Think Could've Stopped Meruem?

I know this is Impossible to happen since He's already dead but if ever he didn't die due to the rose, who do you think could've stopped him from conquering the world? I think this is a timely question, now that we have seen if not all but most of the characters in the series including Mr. Hiatus (joke) I mean the zodiacs and even Don freecs. I know we haven't seen their skills yet but at least we now have a pool of people.

Disclosure: If this is a redundant thread i made please guide me to the thread that pertains to this and this can be deleted. Thank you so much.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Rezard's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Do You Think Could've Stopped Meruem?

No one. I belive that , and will continue to.
    Having the most powerfull being in the middle of a story is something that we have never seen. And i like this original pow more than "the guy after, is stronger than the one before"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rezard View Post
    No one. I belive that , and will continue to.
    Having the most powerfull being in the middle of a story is something that we have never seen. And i like this original pow more than "the guy after, is stronger than the one before"
    But didn't it cross your mind that the king might have thought he was strongest but just in thought? He didn't fight anyone after rose. Who could he meassure his strength to? The tired "invisible GOd's accomplice duo"? I think not that's why it crossed my mind that he might've just thought he was strongest since he felt so renewed after absorbing the guards' power. And from the guard's persepective, they might've over read his aura or strength because of them becoming weaker.

Global Moderator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Individually? No one. Had he not died, I doubt the rest of humanity would have accepted his existence. He wanted to say with Komugi and live as an human being but it would have been difficult to do so, he would need to discuss with the members of Extermination team like Colt, but for someone like him I guess it would not be that simple. His survival would have depended on the Extermination team IMO, if they managed to escape and transmit the information, more weapons of mass destruction would have certainly be used. But let's say he had not really changed, he could have just used his En to kill them all and started to rely on weaponry too instead of only using Ants, it was their biggest weaknesses.

Pretty sure a lot of things in the Dark Continent could cause his downfall without necessarily being stronger than him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Kite is his 'twin' albeit prematurally born. So MAYBE Kite would have the same genetic potential for growth as Meruem? And if he lived, there'd certainly be a revised extermination team, unless through some series of events the Hunters deem it smarter to leave the young King in command of his small kingdom (Which would be the smart move, since Komugi almost dying made him want to be with her more so he'd spend most his time playing Gungi and getting to know her vs killing everything).

But that's the peaceful resolution, as you said if we're talking 1v1, MAYBE.. MAYBE Kite (Take with a spoonful of salt) because Kite is his twin, aka same genetics, different X, Y chromosomes. Kite would be genetically as fit as Meruem + his preexisting experience as a Hunter into an ascended creature's body might give him the edge in whatever show down would occur.

But again. Kite Vs Meruem, maybe Kite? But if we're going off what we 'know' (Hiatus x Hiatus) then no one, in short of maybe the Zodiacs + Zoldycks. Maybe someone has an instant kill skill if it meets certain requirements. And hunter x hunter is the type of universe to make sure those rules apply for everything living, aka no Bleach/Ichigo rando power ups that shatter requirements and deaths for skills.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Alluka.

Other than that, probably there was a Hunter, or a group of Hunters, capable of defeating Meryem. There are all sorts of crazy Nen abilities out there, like Knov's.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Pretty sure a lot of things in the Dark Continent could cause his downfall without necessarily being stronger than him.
    This. He's proven himself susceptible to poison. And Alluka could have killed him. These things aren't "stronger" than him - simply, he is not immortal.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see things in the Dark Continent comparable in strength to him pre-rose (though I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't, and I personally wouldn't bet either way). I highly doubt we'll see anything comparable to him post-rose. Wouldn't at all be surprised if post-rose Meruem is the most powerful thing.

Or like Itamachi said. You get some of the most powerful hunters we've seen, like the Zodiacs and Zoldycks and Phantom Troupe going in on him together. I could imagine a big and powerful enough team all directing their efforts on him could have a faint hope of taking him down.

Faint.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With earlier planning someone could of defeated Meruem however with the amount of time it took to lay an assault and the unexpected nature of how quickly they became stronger the only means to defeating him was through a drastic measure. When we saw flashbacks of Netero's training and what he did and the time he spent to get to where he is now it was shown to setup how even though Netero spent his life to be as strong as he was, Meruem who could still be considered a baby in terms of time frame was already capable of overpowering Netero. It's a huge sense of despair in that sense and the reality is, even with crazy nen abilities, no one would of been capable to match his speed because even when fighting Netero, he let Netero use all his strongest moves on him, and yet they were ineffective. Meruem didn't even really want to fight at first and event attempted to stop the fight, slicing on limbs and telling him to just give up.

Yet Netero didn't because he was determined to take out the hostile threat even though the saddest thing is, had they learned more about Meruem they might of actually been able to find a peaceful way to deal with them rather than genocide for genocide. It's a dang pity he took a break from writing again, I would like to see how the ants are used in the current arc since it seems they may be used as a means to combat against the hostile threat or make things more fun and hostile.

How sad that there has been no news on when HXH may come back, am slightly dissapoiinted and yet glad I didn't get shonen jump sub because I would of gladly gotten a year sub because of HXH and I would of been sorely dissapointed had he just stopped 2 months in or less because I had felt that the fact they were going to may it a simul-release meant that he was going to be more motivated to continue with the series and not stop as early as he did lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In the known continent, there is noone who stands a chance against post rose meruem.
    It can be argued that pre rose meruem coul've been defeated by prime netero or beyond netero, or characters who we do not know, but we have to keep in mind that meruem had the potential to even grow much, MUCH stronger than what he was when he fought meruem.

Still, if we take the dark continent into consideration, there might be beings stronger than meruem. Brion might be one of them. Gin judged the calamitie's level of dangerousness higher than that of the chimera ants.
    We do not know how good gin's judgement of those things might be tho.

HOwever, i do think that even post rose meruem could have been defeated by human effort.
    For example, smuggling bombs even stronger than rose (or several roses) near him with a power similar to meleoron would not be impossible.
    However, it isnt clear whether humanity would have been fast enough with their reaction to set up a plan to bring him down.
    His EN reaches too far for meleoron's breath.
    It would only be possible if killua uses kanmaru to get to meruem quickly enough with meoron on his back and then they both sacrifice to nuke him to dust.

Aside from that, Alluka is of course a possibility which is always open, exspeically since the king has no clue about her existence and cannot get that information from anyone but a zoldyak.

but i cannot see anyone, not even a group, defeating meruem in a 'fair' fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say the only thing stronger than a rose would be FIFTY roses.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Alluka would be the first solution (obviously) with the Zoldycks trying to keep her a secret/being afraid of her abilities. Plus there's an established cost to using her ability. The cost of taking out God-mode Meruem would realistically be the death of Alluka herself. Even if the wish didn't push the Hatsu to the limit, the Zoldycks wouldn't allow alluka to keep existing, on the fear that one day some fool is going to walk across that land mine. Killua probably would put that conclusion together and avoid using her unless there was literally nothing else in the world available and he's already lost alot of friends/comrads.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, they might try to seal him away like the Zoldyks did. Realistically however, I don't think they'd pass the opportunity to use its power to warp away Meruem to the core of the Sun. And after that kill Alluka. Or seal him.

The point made about strenght and such I agree with - since he's not immortal various poisonous substances might be able to kill him. On the other hand. The guy can fly, practically teleport and he has a great En range.

On the other hand, if something like APR managed to get stuck on Meruem, and then sealed in Knovs dimension, perhaps they could stall it out?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Netero could have done it. Netero with the rose. If the others had taken care of Yupi and Pufu, Meruem would have been done for. He was on the verge of dying.
    HxH's world military could just nuke him nonstop without caring of the bystanding civilians and the threat would be over.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antxon Kolokon View Post
    Netero could have done it. Netero with the rose. If the others had taken care of Yupi and Pufu, Meruem would have been done for. He was on the verge of dying.
    HxH's world military could just nuke him nonstop without caring of the bystanding civilians and the threat would be over.
    yah very true

a single phone call back with 'guys we failed, send in some nukes' would have solved the problem.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah. Nah. Nah.

Normal Meruem, i could accept him being blind sided by a nuke.

But God-Mode Meruem?! His En is literally everything the light touches (Insert Lion King reference) He'd see the nuke coming on the emotional spectrum WAY before it even is with in the area. And he was able to cover a distance of 300 feet, before the light of his EN faded off of knuckle and lizard-man (his name eludes me right now). He could literally run away from the nukes with great speed, or fly.

I think his downfall would HAVE to be nen, or a combat squad, nothing man made could beat him. Considering how he could read minds, and emotions he'd be able to tell Nen conditions for instant kill techniques.

All of this factoring out his obviously amazing strategic mind.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast