Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/22/15 - 6/28/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is telekenesis for a Nen power possible?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkLordVerjal's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is telekenesis for a Nen power possible?

I've been prepping a HxH rpg, and I'm finally near completing except for one lingering issue. One of my friends who admittly hasn't watched much HxH(though the rest of us are changing that), he is dead set on telekinesis as a hatsu.

Bungie Gum is the closest thing to it, but that'd be blatantly ripping off someone's power and I'd really rather avoid that.

Is this remotely possible to do inside the boundaries of the HxH world, without stealing the bungie gum idea? If it is doable, can anyone offer any insight on how it would be done in terms of categories it'd fit into and how it'd actually work in terms of moving objects.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is telekenesis for a Nen power possible?

Emission + Manipulation is a form of telekinesis....
    But Umm No it isn't really possible.
    Only way to move things w/o touchin them with Nen is Manipulation...Or some type of emission set up limits and draw backs...

If he really wants TK then make it specialization but it'll have to have limits....It has to be balanced if OP it needs an exploitable weakness.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kanmuru's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is some kind of telekinesis or maybe Beyond is a jedi..

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kanmuru View Post
    I think this is some kind of telekinesis or maybe Beyond is a jedi..

I never noticed that scene...It's still Emission separating your aura from your body....& Manipulation Controling something with your aura ( Different means to doing so for desired effect wanted varies from person to person)

Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be possible. WIith a Manipulation Hatsu.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure manipulation alone would do the trick. When it comes to manipulation we generally see a condition which must be fulfilled and that results in manipulating a person or an object. Usually manipulation works in very specific things. In this case you are talking about manipulating arbitrary stuff... And how would they move? Nen is not quite magic, if something moves its because specifically of nen.

In that regard I would argue that in order to pull off telekinesis you need emission as your primary nen type and an inclination towards manipulation which is basically what has already been suggested. So what you do is basically imbue or shoot your own nen towards things (or people assuming they do no resist the nen with their own) and use manipulation to move them around. Emission is the key here because you depend completely on imbuing things with nen and said nen remaining for as long as possible. Manipulation is the key to moving the thing around. Since it would be a relatively simple trick so to speak I don't think you 100% manipulation will be required to do just about anything you need. Depending on the size of the object and the speed you need it to move at and the distance you move it you could end up using a lot of nen so it is more important to conserve it as much as possible which in principle requires 100% emission. I guess you could get into something more specific with manipulation to increase your control. Say, you can only move stuff which you have done something specific too. Say, put a stamp or something. And then the whole emission thing applies.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't find Emission necessary, Emitters project their Aura, Manipulators can control living or non living-things, they don't all control the mind of creatures. Both Emitters and Manipulators are good at using their Aura at long distance but Emitters are the best at it.

I can see a telekinesis Manipulation Hatsu working like that, he can control things in his radius, there are weight limits, he might or might not be able to control more things depending on the number of objects he is controlling, or there is a definite limits to the number of objects he can control at once, it's harder to control living beings etc.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I don't find Emission necessary, Emitters project their Aura, Manipulators can control living or non living-things, they don't all control the mind of creatures. Both Emitters and Manipulators are good at using their Aura at long distance but Emitters are the best at it.

I can see a telekinesis Manipulation Hatsu working like that, he can control things in his radius, there are weight limits, he might or might not be able to control more things depending on the number of objects he is controlling, or there is a definite limits to the number of objects he can control at once, it's harder to control living beings etc.
    So what will the condition be to manipulate to these objects ??? Some type of connection/requirement Is needed...along with conditions and limits
    *Note the Beyond Netero writing with a pen w/o touchin he's manipulating the pen with his aura...such actions are easy for Nen Masters

*Note Biscuit's training she's able to leave Nen Writing &

Manipulation and Emission go hand in hand...80% in any category is enough to make a solid Hatsu or make good use of it...It's not that you can't use these Nen types it just that your potential/skills will be limited
    Last edited by XXGenesis; March 24, 2015 at 06:10 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some manipulation hatsu which allow you to move objects around although in those cases they usually go for very specific objects which for whatever reason have meaning to them. Kalluto with paper is an example. However I don't think that would work for someone who hypothetically just wants telekinesis. Its one thing when you have a specific object which means something to you and its another when when you just want to move anything around. Presumably the meaning the manipulated object has to you along with the restriction would provide some advantages. Add in a couple other conditions and you got a deadly hatsu. But if you just want to move anything around you are basically giving up on everything equivalent to what alluka would get from using just paper. Emission would be more efficient in this case as what you would be doing is simply putting nen into stuff and moving them around. Presumably you would fight by throwing things at people imbued with nen for the most part....

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    So what will the condition be to manipulate to these objects ??? Some type of connection/requirement Is needed...along with conditions and limits
    *Note the Beyond Netero writing with a pen w/o touchin he's manipulating the pen with his aura...such actions are easy for Nen Masters

*Note Biscuit's training she's able to leave Nen Writing &

Manipulation and Emission go hand in hand...80% in any category is enough to make a solid Hatsu or make good use of it...It's not that you can't use these Nen types it just that your potential/skills will be limited
    As I said, the user would be able to control things with his mind in a radius, but he wouldn't be able to control the mind of people, I talked about weight and other stuff too. Biscuit can do a lot of things with other Nen types but she will never be as good as a Manipulator or Emitter in their own categories. I don't see Beyond writing with his mind on this pic BTW, to me it seems that he wrote it with his hand and then thrown the pen with his hand, anyway that's not telekinesis. Preffering to master a Nen category you can master at 80% while you are better at another one is a waste of potential and will never be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There are some manipulation hatsu which allow you to move objects around although in those cases they usually go for very specific objects which for whatever reason have meaning to them. Kalluto with paper is an example. However I don't think that would work for someone who hypothetically just wants telekinesis. Its one thing when you have a specific object which means something to you and its another when when you just want to move anything around. Presumably the meaning the manipulated object has to you along with the restriction would provide some advantages. Add in a couple other conditions and you got a deadly hatsu. But if you just want to move anything around you are basically giving up on everything equivalent to what alluka would get from using just paper. Emission would be more efficient in this case as what you would be doing is simply putting nen into stuff and moving them around. Presumably you would fight by throwing things at people imbued with nen for the most part....
    That's his choice... he only wants a telekinesis ability.

Emission would not be more efficient, Emission is projection of the Aura, not manipulation of an object, you don't even need a Hatsu to put you Aura in something and attack with it, that's Shu.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; March 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Demonspeed;3992595]As I said, the user would be able to control things with his mind in a radius, but he wouldn't be able to control the mind of people, I talked about weight and other stuff too. Biscuit can do a lot of things with other Nen types but she will never be as good as a Manipulator or Emitter in their own categories. I don't see Beyond writing with his mind on this pic BTW, to me it seems that he wrote it with his hand and then thrown the pen with his hand, anyway that's not telekinesis. Preffering to master a Nen category you can master at 80% while you are better at another one is a waste of potential and will never be a good choice. [\QUOTE]

Kalluto does not manipulate the paper mentally. He manipulates the paper through his fan. That's his medium for controlling the paper.....We don't know if the paper is conjured or just regular paper......Either way Kalluto is an Manipulater and of a very small stature and age. Yet his SHU is strong enough to make his paper fan capable of cutting steel...

You cannot manipulate things mentally unless there is some type of medium involved...it's part of the rules of Nen

Quote Quote:

That's his choice... he only wants a telekinesis ability.

Emission would not be more efficient, Emission is projection of the Aura, not manipulation of an object, you don't even need a Hatsu to put you Aura in something and attack with it, that's Shu.
    you mean put your aura on something not in....::SHU is a form of emission and enhancement depending on its use...

& yes emission is slightly more efficient because it would fit TK resemblance more and not break Nen laws...

If you can move what your aura covers or is in contact with it works just fine.....Fine Motor control TK would warrant a leap of conditions,restrictions and limits

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kalluto does not manipulate the paper mentally. He manipulates the paper through his fan. That's his medium for controlling the paper.....We don't know if the paper is conjured or just regular paper......Either way Kalluto is an Manipulater and of a very small stature and age. Yet his SHU is strong enough to make his paper fan capable of cutting steel...

You cannot manipulate things mentally unless there is some type of medium involved...it's part of the rules of Nen

you mean put your aura on something not in....::SHU is a form of emission and enhancement depending on its use...

& yes emission is slightly more efficient because it would fit TK resemblance more and not break Nen laws...

If you can move what your aura covers or is in contact with it works just fine.....Fine Motor control TK would warrant a leap of conditions,restrictions and limits
    I am not comparing this to Kalluto, the goal here is to create a telekinesis ability and telekinesis works in fiction with mental control and hand gestures. I don't remember a rule mentioning that a medium is necessary to control something, no one used something similar to telekinesis, there is Kalluto but it is limited to his confetti, his ability might very well be considered as some kind of papyrokinesis. Those are different techniques, the user is not Kalluto.

1.Emitters and manipulators are good at using their Aura at long distances, to be able to realize this feat, I said the user would have to set a radius, something similar to En to limit the distance(not En itself because it is a technique independent from Hatsu, Leorio's Emission Hatsu proved that that they are ways to use it like that and there are abilities which only work in a certain radius) to be able so manipulate many independent objects in this radius, since he is a Manipulator , who have 80% in Emission, his range would be great.

2.He can control all objects within his radius but there are conditions like weight, the numbers of objects, if they are living beings or not, not being able to manipulate Conjured items or other items or persons used by another Nen user etc. It's easy to create conditions for something that simple.

Shu is not a mix of Emission and Enhancement, it's an advanced technique of Nen mastery, an evolution of Ten, there is no Nen category involved.

It would be more important to have a better control ratter than a better range for a telekinesis ability, 100% at Manipulation of the objects and 80% at Emission for the range seems better than 80% for the Manipulation just to have a better range.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; March 26, 2015 at 05:11 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Re: Is telekenesis for a Nen power possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I am not comparing this to Kalluto, the goal here is to create a telekinesis ability and telekinesis works in fiction with mental control and hand gestures. I don't remember a rule mentioning that a medium is necessary to control something, no one used something similar to telekinesis, there is Kalluto but it is limited to his confetti, his ability might very well be considered as some kind of papyrokinesis. Those are different techniques, the user is not Kalluto.
    I know exactly how TK works it's my fav supernatural power.....The connection with HxH or its crossover you don't seem to understand how it would work or why it doesn't fit.

Kalluto isn't a papyrokinetic..he manipulates paper confetti with his fan..& the confetti is yet to be clarified as real paper or conjured paper.

Quote Quote:
    1.Emitters and manipulators are good at using their Aura at long distances, to be able to realize this feat, I said the user would have to set a radius, something similar to En to limit the distance(not En itself because it is a technique independent from Hatsu, Leorio's Emission Hatsu proved that that they are ways to use it like that and there are abilities which only work in a certain radius) to be able so manipulate many independent objects in this radius, since he is a Manipulator , who have 80% in Emission, his range would be great.
    Yo, You cannot manipulate mentally in HxH something your aura is not touxhing. It does not work like that. You either create a form of medium for your manipulation.....Or you use your Aura with emission to make that contact .

Either way for Wireless remote control of something you need a medium.

A set range, weight, control etc etc isn't going to wrk. Nen doesn't work that way.

Quote Quote:
    2.He can control all objects within his radius but there are conditions like weight, the numbers of objects, if they are living beings or not, not being able to manipulate Conjured items or other items or persons used by another Nen user etc. It's easy to create conditions for something that simple.
    Doesn't matter. All of that comes after you pick a means of control. Wheter it's your own detached aura which makes it Emission, or a medium used to manipulate things.

Quote Quote:
    Shu is not a mix of Emission and Enhancement, it's an advanced technique of Nen mastery, an evolution of Ten, there is no Nen category involved.

It would be more important to have a better control ratter than a better range for a telekinesis ability, 100% at Manipulation of the objects and 80% at Emission for the range seems better than 80% for the Manipulation just to have a better range.

Yes it is basically.....Shu is an evolution of Ten. Ten is a basic attribute of Ehnacment. You are enhancing an items durability with your aura...Like kalluto's paper fan cutting steel rope, Illumi's needles piercing large rocks.........Emission is aura detached from the body....Sustaining it for prolong periods...Note Hisoka throwing cards don't lose the aura left on them...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DarkLordVerjal's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This was tremendously helpful, thanks a ton.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly how TK works it's my fav supernatural power.....The connection with HxH or its crossover you don't seem to understand how it would work or why it doesn't fit.

Kalluto isn't a papyrokinetic..he manipulates paper confetti with his fan..& the confetti is yet to be clarified as real paper or conjured paper.

Yo, You cannot manipulate mentally in HxH something your aura is not touxhing. It does not work like that. You either create a form of medium for your manipulation.....Or you use your Aura with emission to make that contact .

Either way for Wireless remote control of something you need a medium.
    I don't get why you are so sure those are the only two ways to manipulate something, we never really saw a character creating a Manipulation Hatsu in details and manipulating things mentally still counts as Manipulation. The objective here is to try to imagine how a telekinesis ability would work, not dismissing it because you didn't see it in the manga. Hatsu is something personal, they don't create it the same way, Killua didn't create his Electric Hatsu the same way Hisoka created his Bungee Gum and so on. Telekinesis is manipulation of objects and it would count as a Manipulation Hatsu of course.

Quote Quote:
    A set range, weight, control etc etc isn't going to wrk. Nen doesn't work that way.

Doesn't matter. All of that comes after you pick a means of control. Wheter it's your own detached aura which makes it Emission, or a medium used to manipulate things.
    Again, why? How do you know that you need to pick a mean of control first, and why would weight and the rest not work as conditions? The conditions are set by the creator of the technique, if you know telekinesis that well you should know that weight limits and stuff are common with this superpower. Since when it's impossible to be able to use his abilities within a set radius? Hisoka's Bungee Gum limit is 10 meters, there is Greed Islang where cards work only in this perimeter unless you win the game, even Cheetu with his bad skills managed to create an Hatsu with a large radius, there is a range for Hakoware etc. It's telekinesis so the mean of control would be his mind.

Quote Quote:
    Yes it is basically.....Shu is an evolution of Ten. Ten is a basic attribute of Ehnacment. You are enhancing an items durability with your aura...Like kalluto's paper fan cutting steel rope, Illumi's needles piercing large rocks.........Emission is aura detached from the body....Sustaining it for prolong periods...Note Hisoka throwing cards don't lose the aura left on them...
    Enhancement is something basic to begin with. Shu isn't necessarily used to be detached from the body to begin with, the difference between Emitters and the others is that their Aura are still at full power at long distances, it's different for the others.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast