Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Gintama 551 (2) , Bleach 635 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: 2015 Summer Season Short Anime Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

2015 Summer Season Short Anime Discussion

I'd love us to discuss tidbits about short anime here. This season has quite a few of them, including some anticipated sequels from my standpoint. As a fan of short anime, I don't want them to go completely under radar, but often the discussion in separate threads die too quickly, so, I want to keep that flame of anime passion alive as long as possible through the season!

To open up, I watched Okusama ga Seitokaichō!, which is an ecchi comedy lasting around 8 minutes per episode. As it's ecchi, I do expect the jokes to remain fairly sexual, as well. I cannot really say the first episode was a gem, so, I guess I need to see more to determine if I can rate it fairly high.
    Still, this might be the meme of the season:

On another note, the series is bit more than your average mild ecchi. First episode contained uncensored nudity. So, there is that, if you are considering giving it a shot.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Summer Season Short Anime Discussion

Second series on my radar is a sequel; Miss Monochrome: The Animation 2.
    For those who haven't seen the first season, it's a character originally designed by the VA, Horie Yui, depicting an android idol. First season had roughly 3 minute episode length, plus an ending song. With her deadpan attitude bringing in the comedy, and the ending song being pretty decent, it gathered some attention, and Miss Monochrome went onto make a cameo appearance in the Girlfriend (Kari) anime in more recent times.
    Anyway, this season, episodes are lengthened to 8 minutes. The series goes straight back to action with Miss Monochrome restating her desire and passion to stand out more. I recommend you to keep an eye on Maneo Manager, since it's somehow the best how this guy is so.. normal!

3 minutes felt like they were never enough for me. Miss Monochrome 2 should only be more fun with longer episode times.

---------- Post added July 15, 2015 at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was July 04, 2015 at 04:13 AM ----------

As of first two episodes, every short anime fan shall give Wakaba Girl a go.
    Pros of this series are..well.. cute OP and ED, and incredibly hilarious MC. I'm not even sure if I should call her an airhead at this point. All I can say is she never fails to bring a smile to my face.
    And a laughter to follow that.

New Reply