Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply

Thread: Junketsu no Maria

Good for Nothing 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Junketsu no Maria

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jan 11,2015 to ?
    Producers: Production I.G
    Genres: Fantasy, Historical
    Based on a manga: Junketsu no Maria

Synopsis:

The story follows Maria, the most powerful witch who lives during the Hundred Years' War in France. She despises war, so she obstructs battles with her strong magical powers. Her meddling with her succubus Artemis and incubus Priapos has caught the attention of the heavens, and so the Archangel Michael issues an edict. When Maria loses her virginity, she will also lose her magical powers. A beautiful angel named Ezekiel is supposed to watch Maria and make sure the witch does not use magic in front of people, but Maria continues to use magic anyways.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Junketsu no Maria

I liked it, but I fear it will be too slow at times.

Anyway, the animation is above average and the story seems to be interesting but in the end I dont' know what this is about. :/
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Succubi, Incubi, Gods, Angles .

Episode 1 was good but the 2nd was much better, loved the cliffhanger. It was very funny too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member James Rye's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The episodes were great so far, a really good story to follow, you can't help but love Maria and her innocence and admire her for stopping murder and war though at the same time Michael is sort of right that Maria is doing nothing but passing the bill for death, rape and other terrible stuff to other places while she only looks out for the village(s) nearby her forest.

Jospeh is the real deal though! Shooting an archangel with an arrow and threating him to do so again, awesome guy! XD

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    The episodes were great so far, a really good story to follow, you can't help but love Maria and her innocence and admire her for stopping murder and war though at the same time Michael is sort of right that Maria is doing nothing but passing the bill for death, rape and other terrible stuff to other places while she only looks out for the village(s) nearby her forest.

Jospeh is the real deal though! Shooting an archangel with an arrow and threating him to do so again, awesome guy! XD
    I do agree with you and Michael's point of view, despite being cruel, it's not that wrong, even though I think that Maria just wanted to save the lives of those she had before her.
    Either way it's a fantastic series and Artemis, along with the main character Maria, is a fantastic character: "I'll make you scream like a prostitute" LOL

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 3 was great! Joseph, daring to draw a bow against an archangel to protect Maria while declaring his love for her! How more manly can you get?!
    Even God ships it given the light and rain stuff happening. XD
    And here comes one of the main themes of the series - Maria losing her amazing witch powers if she were to lose her virginity! And that while it is clear that she becomes more and more smitten with Joseph. XDDD

Pripapus is so fun with having no D and wanting to have it just so that he can f*** around. XDDD

Hope that Bernard monk won't be a problem later on in the story, he feels like a nice and honest guy.

Ezekiel surely will have some character development the more the series goes on. It is one thing to watch from heaven and another to watch among humans, that experience will surely leave expressions on little Ezekiel~

Great show so far! All 3 episodes have been a blast with great music, animation, style, VAs, characterisation, world building, etc and etc!!! Totally loving this show and I would advise everyone to give it a try! <3

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy I didn't even realize that his name was Joseph and what it would mean if he gets some of Maria...

Anyway Ezekiel is my new favorite. A cute loli with tsun qualities.

All in all Michael is my favorite character so far. His design is epic, his voice is epic and his skills are amazing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

"Pucelle de force" makes sense now . I like Ezekiel, first Hanakana character I hear this fall .

It doesn't look like things will end well for her TBH, stopping all wars is not really possible... The show is deeper than I excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Oh boy I didn't even realize that his name was Joseph and what it would mean if he gets some of Maria...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hanakana giving her voice to Ezekiel was a nice surprise.
    Either way, another excellent episode and I just love watching Maria getting flustered about her virginity. LOL
    I'm defintely looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lolz, poor Pripaorus or whatever his name is. Finally he has a chance to have sex with a hot and willing witch and what is the big problem here? That he still got no D! That cry of his, hahaha! XD

The story about the village which refused Maria's help and her seeing to still pay them her respects after they died to the plague, yeah, that was sad. Especially after seeing little Maria with all her powers and knowledge and stuff but being hated for it due being a witch.

I worry what confessor Bernard has planned for Maria now that he has send word to the Lord of the lands where Maria's forest stands.

And I hope Joseph will sooner than later try to woe Maria, they have the hots for each other but don't act upon it for variour reasons. They will make such an adorable couple though~ <3

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That conversation with the witch was hilarious and poor Priapus! He still didn't get what he needs the most as a succubus. LOL
    Another fantastic episode, but I felt so sad when they showed us a part of Maria's past; ignorance (or stubborness if you will) can really be dangerous sometimes.
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, looks like drama/tragic is incoming! You don't tell a girl you want to live by her side and help her with her dream before going to war, Joseph! Did you not watch kancolle??? D:

Awww, anytime Maria and Joseph talk to each other or are just near each other I'm getting diabetus. <3 <3 <3

Bernard totally got the crazies though when he heard Maria is a pure virgin. That laugther was creepy as fuck. o.o

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, Bernard scared the s*** out of me with that laughter. O_O
    Anyway I liked this episode and damn I sure hope that Joseph didn't rise a death flag with that speech. LOL
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply