Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.

View Poll Results: What is going to happen in the next chapter?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kisame dies...

13 28.26%
  • Kisame survives the attack, but is captured

1 2.17%
  • Kisame escapes

5 10.87%
  • Gai will open the 8th gate

15 32.61%
  • Gai fails the attack and Kisame counterattacks

2 4.35%
  • Kisame is saved by Zetsu

8 17.39%
  • Other, please comment

2 4.35%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gai vs Kisame, Ch.506

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Gai vs Kisame, Ch.506

The Noon Tiger

Well after an epic arc, we are getting some comedy and action from no other than Maito Gai, the Green Beast. Everything that happened is quite important to analyze after laughing for a good time with the occurrences of Gai, Bee and Aoba, nevertheless this chapter had an interesting "twists", to last week's chapter, in which we got to see some of the new powers obtained by Naruto.

Friendly reminder

This chapter puts back into perspective concepts already established by this manga, the idea that not one is unbeatable, that greater the technique greater the risk for the user, this concept was implied for first time by 8th gates techniques, where any user could obtain temporally power to the level of those who are granted with the rank of Hokage, by surpassing the limits of his own physical capabilities, but putting a great strain over the body.

Naruto just obtained a power increase, but it seems that a lot was expected about him, maybe to gain control most of these powers like for example when Goku in Toriyama's Dragon Ball became a Super Saiyan'jin. While Kishimoto is huge fan of Toriyama-dono, the true is that both have different writing and illustration styles, this is good for a serialization like Naruto because at the same time we get to see power ups, we get to see the consequences of misusing these powers. To be honest Kishimoto is really an smart man, Naruto moved so fast that he got one the most common issues that track runners are exposed to, simply genius.

A new love triangle
    Sorry my fellows Naruhina and Narusaku fans, but there's a new and more interesting triangle of "love" going between Kisame, Samaheda and Kirabi, last week in my review I was certain that Samaheda loyalties laid with Kisame, but to be honest now is a bit more complex to analyze than last's week.

First because Gigi "Samaheda" decided to go back with Kirabi, however when Kisame grabbed his tail "Hilt", she was surprised, although she didn't reject Kisame like she did rejected Zetsu's clone or like he rejected Gai, back during the rescue Gaara's arc. Does Gigi like Kirabi for his money, err.. I mean chakra?

It greatly call my attention that "Gigi" decided to absorb Kirabi's chakra and that Kirabi didn't oppose, it seems that the relationship between Kirabi and Samaheda is merely
    parasitic so far, as the sword gains access to Kirab Hachibi's chakra and receiving not benefits from the sword so far, even if Kisame's clone said that Gigi was about to heal Kirabi during their first encounter, Gigi does take the lust for chakra to a whole new level.

Kirigakure no Kaijin
    Kisame is back, it's said that third time is the charm, does this means that he is done for good or does it means that this time Gai will bite the dust for good?, so far the has been somewhat defeated by Maito Gai, although in two different scenarios which could not really be called a full fight or full fledged fight, however this time it seems that the man who has the chakra levels of a Jinchuuriki in Akatsuki, will display full power against a Maito Gai who is just one step away from fully opening all the gates.

In this chapter Kisame has been making use of all the techniques he has performed trough the whole manga, could this meant hat he is gone for good this time?, or this is just another way in which Kishimoto will deceive us and how us a hat trick?. Let's not forget that Zetsu was around Kumogakure's surrounds... but also we can't ignore the fact that Kisame is on his element, the water.

So if he manages to escape Gai's seventh gate noon tiger, it could be explained as being in his own "turf" granted him with an advantage over Konoha's green beast... "hey how come that Kakashi son of Konoha's white fang didn't get a better nickname than Sharingan Kakashi?". As for the scroll, I doubt we'll get to know the details about the information he gathered, because we never get to know details about he information given in scrolls or books in Kabuto's case. So what will happen next, will Kisame be defeated and die as result? or will he manage to escape and survive this technique, there's always the third option that he could could manage to kill Gai or cause his death due using the 8th gate...

Aoba's Technique
    However, something that call greatly my attention was when Aoba used his technique to immobilize Kisame, he seems to be the class of ninja who focus on control more than about deconstruction, just like Nara's techniques. However this technique proven ineffective against a chakra eater opponent like Kisame, but also revealed that Kisame is capable of absorbing chakra without using Samaheda..

Samaheda and Kisame's abilties
    After watching Aoba's technique in action and Kisame's reaction, I thought it was good time to look back in the manga and find out what was going with Kisame being able to absorb chakra without touching using Gigi's or KiKi's hilt for japflap's fans. But this could be explained in the following way:

1. Samaheda absorbs chakra and transform it into energy, this energy seems to be capable of regenerating the body of Gigi's wielder.
    2. Kisame in the other hand is capable of absorbing chakra which only limits him to restore his physical condition and spiritual energy, in other words the combination of both = chakra.

Konoha no Kedakaki Aoi Mōjū
    Well just like with Kisame, this seems to be a continuation of the fight that started in ch. 255 and continued till ch.258, chapter 258 is also named Gai vs Kisame. Is really interesting because Kishimoto generally picks a different name for his chapters, this has been a difference between Tubo and Kishimoto for quite long, but it really doesn't hurt the mangas at all.

One of the things that can be noticed is that Gai starts right away with the sixth gate, it seems that Kishimoto wants to move on from Kumo to somewhere else or it could be that kishimoto as stated before in this review just want to play "Hat trick" with our minds, which would not be new at all, but still could lead to something even more interesting from this situation, Kisame is fighting against Gai without using Samaheda, weapon that could give him an advantage over Gai, as he releases this massive amount of chakra.

Gai is a battle smart guy, we already knew a little of this during his second encounter with Kisame, but by summoning Ningame in the mid air to use him as platform to catch up with Kisame was an smart move, although I know that PETA would complain for doing such thing to Ningame. We would like to say that we don't approve that use of summoning creatures.

Now Gai is about to use for first time in the manga the seventh gate, with a new technique known as the noon tiger... will that attack land?, if he fails which will be the outcome of using such jutsu with the seventh gate open?...

Thoughts
    I don't know what to expect to be honest, It should really be clear that Kisame is going to die in this situation, but Kisame has been in similar scenarios, in fact even worse when he had to face the A and B, but then we found out that it was just a clone, so I honestly have a lot of doubts about whether or not he will die, if Gai uses his 8th gate without any doubt Kisame is dead, but with seventh gates, knowing what we know and have seen, there's space for reasonable doubts.

However Kisame being defeated and severely injured due Gai's attack is a reseaonble account, also his death if Kabuto as asset represents a higher gain than Kisame at this point or if Kishimoto Masashi has something bigger coming for the next arc.

I'm a happy because this chapter serves a reminder to many people of what Naruto is about, these people bleed, die and get hurt... probably a lot of people wanted to see a new Saiyan'jin in manga, but Naruto seems to be taking a different way, is not a plot device as some people claim, is a different style. Kishimoto is a man who have used shoujo, seinin and even sometimes plays with - ai, as way to add more interesting content to the manga, this really a smart move from him to remind people that Naruto can bleed, get hurt and even die, I don't know if those who are angry at Naruto getting his ankle wrecked, expected him to make his body strong as the body of the Kyuubi, when even sennin modo which increases the strength and resistance of the user, only allows such status for five minutes, even in Jiraiya's case where he used pa and ma frog so he could keep constantly gathering sen chakra, got his arm severed.

Last edited by Alterno; August 21, 2010 at 08:50 AM.

2. Thanks 29 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gai vs Kisame, Ch.506

Great review!

Although, you missed an important point.
    Kisame sent a message to Tobi, meaning that his only reason to live (deliver the information) is fulfilled, and that he has no reason to be kept alive by Kishi...

This is, IMO, the biggest point regarding the fact that he will die in 1 or 2 chapters...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuranzyan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Gai is bloody awesome!

I know at least one fanfiction author who portrays Gai as an extremely competent shinobi, who is simply using a façade to escape his past. Looks like he was right on the spot, given this chapter. There's hardly a trace of the usual Gai sillyness involved.

The 'he looks like a pufferfish' part wasn't sillyness, it seemed like it was more of an observation this time around.

Kishi's great homeage to the 'Tiger vs Shark' mythos!

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Great review!

Although, you missed an important point.
    Kisame sent a message to Tobi, meaning that his only reason to live (deliver the information) is fulfilled, and that he has no reason to be kept alive by Kishi...

This is, IMO, the biggest point regarding the fact that he will die in 1 or 2 chapters...
    Sorry it seems that I saved it in two different documents, now is posted in the review.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuranzyan View Post
    Kishi's great homeage to the 'Tiger vs Shark' mythos!
    Hi there, what Tiger vs Shark Mythos?
    Last edited by Alterno; August 19, 2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not gonna keep you waiting so I'll head straight to the point, I was physically comfortable while reading your review, how you set a ground for reviewing, I mean making the page larger, the font isn't tiring which is a great thing.

I think you should get some editing going on, there are some typing mistakes which makes the writer look totally unprofessional.

I sense some rivalary going on between you and benelori, yes It is a sign of passion, but you sould not launch your material without editing at least three times.

I rate it Four stars.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    Im not gonna keep you waiting so I'll head straight to the point, I was physically comfortable while reading your review, how you set a ground for reviewing, I mean making the page larger, the font isn't tiring which is a great thing.
    I think you should get some editing going on, there are some typing mistakes which makes the writer look totally unprofessional.
    Thank you for the critic. I apologize but when I'm thinking in English my mind seems to be going faster than my fingers, due that sometimes I think added correctly all the words that could complete an idea, and others time I just screw up with not using spell checking before posting.

I "almost" always edit the review after Sleepy Fans release or after Boyakist-san's lost in translation.

But please always remember, I'm not professional. :P

I sense some rivalary going on between you and benelori, yes It is a sign of passion, but you sould not launch your material without editing at least three times.
    We are not rivals, we just hate each other to death... . Just kidding to be honest there's not rivalry between me and Ben, at least not from this end. It would not be smart to get a mod as your rival... although I do enjoy pointing the index finger when a mod screws up. :P

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice...though U started reviewing before I was a green...so...
    I don't know about this rivalry thing, I said many times that I do this, because I like it and members like it a well, because it's something else...so I wish we had more rivals then...*cough*sugarcake for example*cough*...Alterno and I offer different perspectives which is a good thing...

Anyway...let's talk Naruto...what I really liked about the chapter...I'm not sure...maybe the fact that Kisame is so powerful that his water attacks can survive an Asa Kujaku, or maybe because he also chose a water jutsu to counter a taijutsu move from a 7 released gates...I was always interested in Kirigakure, and Mizukage showed me no sign why would water jutsus be powerful, but Kisame certainly did just that...so I would really want an explosive fight...

I'm not so exicted about the chapter as you are, because I thought it was a bit chaotic, the humor was too much in the first part of the chapter, it could have been more balanced a bit, because the moment is important, I mean a spy just ran away and stuff...
    Not all chapters can have all the elements for a good chapter, but a review can be top notch as always...

PS:And just let me tell U lada mod never screws up...muuwahahaha
    Last edited by benelori; August 20, 2010 at 05:03 AM.

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Nice...though U started reviewing before I was a green...so...
    I don't know about this rivalry thing, I said many times that I do this, because I like it and members like it a well, because it's something else...so I wish we had more rivals then...*cough*sugarcake for example*cough*...Alterno and I offer different perspectives which is a good thing...
    I wonder if starting a planned rivalry between current 3 naruto reviewers would increase our reads over the time, you know something like:

"Unlike Alterno said, Gai this time displayed even more than noon tiger..."

Something will always be true... "People love drama".

Anyway...let's talk Naruto...what I really liked about the chapter...I'm not sure...maybe the fact that Kisame is so powerful that his water attacks can survive an Asa Kujaku, or maybe because he also chose a water jutsu to counter a taijutsu move from a 7 released gates...I was always interested in Kirigakure, and Mizukage showed me no sign why would water jutsus be powerful, but Kisame certainly did just that...so I would really want an explosive fight...
    You and your explosions... just kidding. I don't know I think that so far the most interesting suiton user have been Zabuza, hopefully next week we'll something really great.

I'm not so exicted about the chapter as you are, because I thought it was a bit chaotic, the humor was too much in the first part of the chapter, it could have been more balanced a bit, because the moment is important, I mean a spy just ran away and stuff...
    Not all chapters can have all the elements for a good chapter, but a review can be top notch as always...
    I thought is was very chaotic at the very beginning, it felt like forcing things out... but as I got time to analyze it, or to be honest as I read it like for 8 time I was able to come with a few ideas from the chapter.
    Last edited by Alterno; August 20, 2010 at 05:50 AM. Reason: font edit

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Afi Sharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think that rivalry would be good.As Benelori said you offering different points of view and i appreciate that,besides who would write review as first?
    should i wait for my opponent review first and point his mistakes in mine?or better to be first so he has to work harder to dont be accused for being copycat?Nyaah.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Afi Sharingan View Post
    I dont think that rivalry would be good.As Benelori said you offering different points of view and i appreciate that,besides who would write review as first?
    should i wait for my opponent review first and point his mistakes in mine?or better to be first so he has to work harder to dont be accused for being copycat?Nyaah.
    Seriously some people get things too seriously... lol

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Most decent section of this forum should be this one, writing a review means reflecting your opinion in a written copy, therefore your aim should be getting totall agreement or disagreement from your audience, and if the reader can't follow sentence by sentence through the whole text from the opening through the body to the conclusion, that means you are not interesting which can be translated as you suck.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Most decent section of this forum should be this one, writing a review means reflecting your opinion in a written copy, therefore your aim should be getting totall agreement or disagreement from your audience, and if the reader can't follow sentence by sentence through the whole text from the opening through the body to the conclusion, that means you are not interesting which can be translated as you suck.

If you felt that way while reading this review, then let me know how I can improve and I'll check how it fits what' I've read.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Alterno; August 20, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG. I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT. Maybe Motoi IS ZETSU. Bee didn't recognize Motoi when they first met. Motoi has not been seen fighting yet. Motoi is the one who tells Gai to leave and has Bee stay put. Motoi is the only healthy one with Bee. That would be perfect.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoopNScoop View Post
    OMG. I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT. Maybe Motoi IS ZETSU. Bee didn't recognize Motoi when they first met. Motoi has not been seen fighting yet. Motoi is the one who tells Gai to leave and has Bee stay put. Motoi is the only healthy one with Bee. That would be perfect.
    That would be cool.

I think Kisame is going to die, Gai is going to end severly injured and the info will get to Tobi.
    RIP Danzou, Original Gangsta Ninja

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Motoi being Zetsu would be an interesting outcome, especially because the last thing we knew about Motoi, was that he went to inform kumogakure about Naruto succeeding in the waterfall of truth.

There are a few little, but interesting difference between sleepyfans and blinktopia's releases, one of them... while blinktopia's talks about blue chakra, sleepy's talks about green chakra.

Sleepy's version
    Last edited by Alterno; August 20, 2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast