Welcome to the HxH Tournament Discussion Thread!
This is where you can discuss all things relevant to this tournament. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the tournament rules here.
We shall update the first post with the pertinent things to discuss:
Current Discussion Agenda
- Discussion of second-round winnersWith each battle that closes, we get one step closer to the big finale, but how do you feel about the victors of these battles. Share your thoughts on the winners of each individual battle. Do you think that the right character won?
- Prediction of the tournament winnerThe tournament has begun! Now that you know who is going to face whom, why not offer your thoughts on who's going to win it all? It should be interesting to see who is favored to win it all and who actually does win.
- Thoughts about the tournament combatantsThere are plenty of characters in Hunter x Hunter, and unfortunately, not all of them could make it into the tournament. How do you feel about the characters we have selected? Are there characters that you would have included that were not and how do you think those characters would have done?
- Fan art submissionHey, HxH fans! We would like to include some of your fan art for the banners and tournament match-up board. Please submit your own work fan art for this. If you are submitting someone's else work, please be sure to credit them and get their consent.
Enjoy and let the discussions commence!
Last edited by igotthegoods; December 05, 2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: added updated bracket
honestly, this is just what was needed to get a revamp for hxh. its been on hiatus for too long and that section has been so empty. good idea with this. go laser! or whatever his name is haha
Yup, we're hoping that this will give something new for the HxH fans to discuss and have fun with since the series is on hiatus (once again ). Might you have any HxH fan art for us to use? Or maybe you want to draw something new?
Razor will badly just kick everyones ass.
^__^ <= This was his facial expression all the time!
I really like Pitou-chan. when I saw her(?) first, I was impressed with that eyes.
But, Jin Freecs is the greatest hunter in the world.
Will Gon be allowed to use his age-enhancement that appeared during vs Pitou? Because if he's allowed, I doubt anyone else can compete against him.
I'm just glad Jin isn't being included in this at least not from what I read so far unless I missed something.
I'm pretty sure everyone would just vote for him based off of what we've read from the Characters stated about him rather than what we've seen so far in various fights.
- Do the characters act in character? If Hisoka, for example, were in character, he would probably hold back against Killua and/or especially Gon since either combatant is still not at his level. This could affect the outcome of a match.
- What's the staff's consensus regarding prior knowledge? Will the characters be allowed to retain any knowledge they have of another combatant's moves or no?
- How are the locations of the fights being decided? Also, will fighting sites change?
Awesome. Any idea when this is going to start?
Also, I'd like to do fanart for the characters. Here is Hisoka by me, and I'd love to give shot for Killua and Morau atleast.
EDIT: I'll be doing Morau next.
Last edited by Ustegius; October 14, 2010 at 03:32 AM.
If one character already knows something about the other person's ability from actual experience in the manga, that knowledge carries over into these fights.Originally Posted by Franckie
The location is assumed to be a standard tournament setting, with a location that offers neither an advantage nor disadvantage to either opponent. Fighting sites will not change.Originally Posted by Franckie
Woohoo! Our first art contribution! It looks great! Feel free to draw Killua, Morau, and any of the others you wish. Just make sure to post the names of the characters here that you have the intention to draw, so others aren't working on the same character.Originally Posted by Ustegius
Sorry about the late start, but here's the tournament bracket (credits to Wowzers ):
Also, the first fight has begun! Go to here to discuss the fight and cast your vote!
Last edited by igotthegoods; November 02, 2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: rule clarification
Argh, my Morau was ready, but then I accidently messed up with markers and now it has a blue spots all over it's face.
And looking up the chart, here's my first guess for the final match: Pufu vs. Illumi.
just curious, how was the voter turnout for the pufu vs. reiza match goods? hopefully there was a significant amount for a revamping of this section!
The turnout wasn't as high as I had hoped (Pufu won 16-7), but we're just getting started. Genthru vs. Hisoka seems like it's going well so far (though I can't reveal any specifics :3), so I'm still optimistic. If you want to help get a better turnout, feel free to advertise the tournament to anyone you'd like. The more participation, the better!
Also, I just started the newest thread: Gon vs. Kurapica. As suggested by Franckie, the staff has decided not to allow Gon's age enhancement in the tournament.
Time for a new fight! This time it's Knuckle vs. Feitan. Go cast your vote, and don't forget to post about why you voted the way you did.
Last edited by igotthegoods; October 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Palm is SO going to kick ass. I can see her as being the dark horse of this tournament. With Black Widow enhancement she practically has free defense close or perhaps even more than the level of a reinforcement type. Worse yet she can dedicate the rest of her nen to a really killer offense - considering also that she's no slow poke and did manage to keep up quite well with Killua. Heck you can't even hide from her to recuperate and strategize since she can find you. I can see her as being the scariest opponent barring the King.
Last edited by Hamy; October 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM.