Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitsugaya as the next "Yamamoto" in the distant future. Who would be stronger you think?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member henhead's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya as the next "Yamamoto" in the distant future. Who would be stronger you think?

Yama had the strongest fire Zanpaktou amongst the folks in Gotei 13 (i'm leaning towards the idea that this is so because of Yama's strong nature influencing his Assauchi to become the strongest fire-type Zan.)

Anyone else think maybe Hitsugaya might become a force like Yama and have the strongest "cold" Zanpaktou?

For me personally, I always had the notion that cold triumphs over fire simply by looking at our universe. Space in general is cold unless you are a planet that is close enough to the sun to prevent from becoming a "pluto-like" planet.

If Yama were to fight a future-Hitsugaya that wields the strongest cold-bankai, I root for Hitsugaya. He could possibly win by extinguishing the flames (although if the heat is strong enough, it'll melt attacks from Hitsu like a hot knife cutting butter) or creating an environment where a catalyst to start a flame is impossible altogether.

***Maybe I should've of mentioned Rukia vs Yama as well since her bankai seems to be of cold nature as well. Wait...she can reach absolute Zero which is as cold as it gets (is it?) in this universe according to physicists. Move over Hitsugaya there is someone colder than you.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitsugaya as the next "Yamamoto" in the distant future. Who would be stronger you think?

Well, if absolute zero is a thing then neither hitsugaya or rukia would really match up to yamamoto. Its simple physics... Yamamoto has a temperature of 15 mil kelvin or so. He only needs 274 kelvin to melt the ice and 374 to evaporate it. I guess reiatsu can make a difference here by sustaining the ice or keeping it cold or something but even then yamamoto has the advantage. Assuming reiatsu could affect the effectiveness of ice in regards to yamamoto then it would at least require a reiatsu stronger than that of the guy. Yamamoto has physics on his side regardless of reiatsu in the end...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitsugaya as the next "Yamamoto" in the distant future. Who would be stronger you think?

Heat can't generate to begin with in absolute zero, but i guess in the bleachverse, all that could be tossed out the window since we don't see a flint attached to yama's zan (Yama don't need no lighter).

If I were Rukia/Hitsugaya, i'd freeze yama in an iceball the size of the moon and shoot him into space.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Yama would be the more powerful, partly because fire is simply the more destructive element. But I get the feeling that yes, Hitsugaya is being set up as the distant future anti-Yama - if Shunsui said Hitsugaya would surpass him in 100 years, 1000 or 2000 should see him becoming pretty damn strong. I don't see how Hyourinmaru could ever match up to Ryujin Jakka though.

In 1v1 battle terms, I reckon Yama would always win. Absolute Zero isn't Hitsugaya's power, his ability is more about the sheer amount of ice he can generate. He might get strong enough to put all of SS into an instant winter, but that doesn't square up to Yama's ability to destroy SS by accidentally leaving Bankai on for too long.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have this view where everything in the Gotei 13 ends up being perpetually frozen. When Yama turns up the heat, it allows him to fight with Hitsu without being hindered by the ice bankai and vice versa and we would see a solid matchup. But if this were realistic, you have a great point. Yama probably would be a lot stronger than he is now by the time hitsugaya becomes super powerful. Yama would simply win out of experience and raw power.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've always believe Hitsugaya had immense potential. That was something even Shunsui acknowledged. I do think in the future, he will be the 'ice' yama, however if they do fight, I see yama always winning. I think fire is stronger than ice though. In terms of reiatsu and ability, yama takes this.
    Rukia is an interesting one though. Her bankai is colder than hyorinmaru. She just might be the real one to watch out for.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by henhead View Post
    I have this view where everything in the Gotei 13 ends up being perpetually frozen. When Yama turns up the heat, it allows him to fight with Hitsu without being hindered by the ice bankai and vice versa and we would see a solid matchup. But if this were realistic, you have a great point. Yama probably would be a lot stronger than he is now by the time hitsugaya becomes super powerful. Yama would simply win out of experience and raw power.
    I didn't mean Yama would be stronger in 1000 years, in fact I think he hit his peak a long time ago, like Aizen claimed he'd done as well. He was as strong as he was ever going to get I think. I meant that given 1000 years Hitsugaya might be on a similar level, but in the end I think Ryujin Jakka is simply the stronger Zanpakuto.

This whole thing makes me wonder what kiddie Yamamoto was like though lol. Kiddie Aizen, too.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; April 08, 2015 at 01:40 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya having immense potential does not at all mean he will be at the level of Yama or Aizen at their peak, these guys were on a completely different level. Even if we take Kyourakus words as a literal description of how powerful Histugaya could be, it is still Kyouraku defining it in terms of his own potential.

Whether or not Hitsugaya gets to Yama level, Yama will still always win because of the sheer destructive force of his Bankai and the reiatsu difference between the two. To date, no Bankai has showcased such a variety of destructive and defensive abilities to the level of Yamas.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya could be the next Yamamoto, I mean, he's already a Captain at a young age and has years beyond years to go. In time, he'll be on a whole other level and it's not just ice alone that he'll learn to master, it's water in general and all forms of it.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he master water? His zankpatou is an ice type and it has been stated that one cannot use multiple elements. The most he can do is freeze water (thus making it ice) and utilize that way. Aside from that, he has no connection to water in and no amount of years or potential will change that.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Why would he master water? His zankpatou is an ice type and it has been stated that one cannot use multiple elements. The most he can do is freeze water (thus making it ice) and utilize that way. Aside from that, he has no connection to water in and no amount of years or potential will change that.
    Hitsugaya's zan is considered an ice-type, however, he does have the ability to manipulate water. One of Hyourinmaru's most basic abilities is controlling moisture in the surrounding atmosphere. His bankai can regenerate as long as moisture remains in the atmosphere. In shikai, Hyourinmaru can even create storms. Hitsugaya's zan provides him with more than just the ability to freeze things.

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Ice is made of what element...?. I forget.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a distant finale of Histugaya being Yamamoto's age, actually give us a gaiden of that. By then he might actually be cool instead of just acting it.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Hitsugaya's zan is considered an ice-type, however, he does have the ability to manipulate water. One of Hyourinmaru's most basic abilities is controlling moisture in the surrounding atmosphere. His bankai can regenerate as long as moisture remains in the atmosphere. In shikai, Hyourinmaru can even create storms. Hitsugaya's zan provides him with more than just the ability to freeze things.
    You're right, however, the phrasing suggested that he will be able to separately control water and ice which isn't the case.
    His zan mostly utilizes the moisture in the atmosphere to complement it's abilities. He uses the moisture as a means to increase his range or as something to freeze and thereby harness. I don't really recall him actually controlling the moisture as water. The storms can also be explained in a similar way. Storms come about by disturbing the atmosphere in the environment. When Hitsugaya affects the moisture (with his attacks), he brings about this. Even just using his bankai could produce the same effect (logically speaking).

Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, however, the phrasing suggested that he will be able to separately control water and ice which isn't the case.
    His zan mostly utilizes the moisture in the atmosphere to complement it's abilities. He uses the moisture as a means to increase his range or as something to freeze and thereby harness. I don't really recall him actually controlling the moisture as water. The storms can also be explained in a similar way. Storms come about by disturbing the atmosphere in the environment. When Hitsugaya affects the moisture (with his attacks), he brings about this. Even just using his bankai could produce the same effect (logically speaking).
    Re-read the back chapter, during the Soul Society arc, when Hitsugaya challenges Gin in front of a defeated Hinamori and confused Kira.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast