Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When will Luffy get Gear 5th?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When will Luffy get Gear 5th?

Some spoiler in here
    Hello,
    First, of All this is my first Thread I have open in this website so hello to everybody.
    Second, I am not gonna talk about what I think will Luffy's Gear 5th will be, rather when will Luffy will "get/achive" hes next Gear.
    As most of you know , Luffy achived Gear 4th vs Doflamingo. Not to brag or something but I thoght that will happed. I will expain why in few more min.
    First of all, as you all know the "Devil Fruits" are divided into 3 categories. Zoan, Paramecia, Logia.
    Zoan - the weakest , Paramecia - Middle, Logia - Strongest.
    So far luffy achived new (one or two) gear by fighting the "strongest" (more like main antgonist) Devil Fruit Owner of those categories.
    Rob Lucci - "Strongest" Zoan Owner, Luffy achived 2nd and 3rd Gear.
    Donquixote Doflamingo - "Strongest" Paramecia Owner, Luffy achived Gear 4th.
    Now, I think that the next Strongest Logia Owner is Marshall D. Teach aka Blackbeard and not Sakazuki SO, when Luffy will fight Blackbeard he will achive Gear 5th.
    P.S.
    I don't think that Blackbeard is the One piece main antagonist I think it's the Gorosei (heads of the World Government) and they are really strong, and maybe Luffy will achive Gear 6th after fighting them.
    if you wanna know why I think like that go and watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY9tyIcvOIA
    Hope you enjoy this,

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Barrier's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy's Gear 5th

That's too many gears! Don't you think it will be so boring and predictable? And if he achieve gear 6 as you say; wouldn't we lose all the hype when he uses gear 2nd? and when he is normal he would be very weak.
    I personally want Oda to stop at gear 4 and don't go for any further power ups.

I also don't get how you classify the strongest zoan and paramecia to be lucci and doflamingo respectively. Well yeah lucci is strong, no doubt about it, but not because of his fruit, but because of him mastering rokushiki. If all lucci did was transform into a leopard and start fighting gear 2nd luffy, he would be out flat in 10 seconds! Pell and Chaka were really strong too but they don't have rokushiki so yeah.
    And DD the strongest Paramecia he has faced so far? umm..... I will have to diagree with that one too. Magellan is one of the strongest he has faced so far in my opinion. Tbh, I still am not sure of how luffy will beat him even after the time skip. His venom demon his a hax among hax's.

Well, these are my opinions too, so I am not saying you are wrong.
    But great post! And welcome to Mangahelpers

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all thanx for the replay,
    Second, I don't know about the Gear 6, but I am sure the he will achive Gear 5 at some point.
    It has been 10 year's (mabye more with the anmie pacing) since we've got an new gear and to be honest the Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd was getting old.
    And ever sinece luffy had mastered Gear 2nd and 3rd he is bearly using the normal form (unless it's a pack of normal marins and pirates). I totaly agree that to many Gear's are boring and predictable. But every Gear present a new milestone in Luffy's dream of becoming the Pirate King.
    At the time Rob Lucci was the strongest Zona (not Mythical Zoan)Owner we knew, And he pushed Luffy to his limites. Luffy managed to beat him and achive a new milestone.
    Same with Dofi he was pushed to the very limit and then he achived the Gear 4th, And the difference between Magellan and Dofi is that Luffy has already fight him didn't achive any change to his ablilty (expct getting immunity poison, as we saw in Fishman Island vs Hyouzou), Cuz it was not the point at the same time (btw I don't think we will see Magellan any more).
    I am not saying that they are the strongest Devil Fruit Owner's (I put a "" on the word strongest, I am sure that Big Mom and Kaido are more powerful Zoan and Paramecia user's) I am saying that they are the main antagonist of that same furit type, that will push Luffy to his limits and make him achive a new milestone of becoming the Pirate King (If that make's any sense).
    Btw there are 5-6 gears in a car and every gear "make the car stronger" (not really but you get the point) same with Luffy he will have (in my opioin) at least 5 gears and every gear will make him stronger.
    Hope you got the point,

P.S
    I have got to say that this is my favorite Manga/Anime Thanx Oda

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I don't think it's fair to dismiss the idea of a fifth gear because there's too many of them. I personally think Oda could go to Gear 6 if it's necessary. Since OP could last another decade, it would make sense for Luffy to achieve as many gears as he achieved in the first half of the manga, meaning 3. Also It is not impossible seeing how far Oda can plan.
    Welcome to the forums btw . And I think it would be wise to change the title of the thread to avoid confusion. Unless you really plan of discussing what Gear 5 will be like after Gear 4 is revealed of course.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What title should I put instead?

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david5578 View Post
    The time luffy receives gear 5 or something along those lines

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Gear 4 is pushing it, anything past that would suck. Luffy doesn't need new gears, he should focus on improving his own combat abilities, be as good as Ace and Sabo were prior to their devil fruit, and still as good as Ace when he was fighting Blackbeard years after getting his fruit.

Same

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShenGao's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course there will be a Gear 5. Luffy is about to use his Gear 4 against Doflamingo, someone who would easily be crushed by Kaidou, Shanks or Blackbeard. How should he survive against these 3 with only 4 Gears if he has to already use Gear 4 against Doflamingo?

About when he will use/show it: I think he already learned Gear 5. He trained for 2 years, 1 1/2 was Haki training, so that makes 6 months of Gears training. A much bigger timeframe than when he learned Gear 2 and 3, from the defeat against Aokiji until Enies Lobby, giving him enough time to master Gear 2+3 and learn the new Gears.
    I think Gear 5 is something for a situation where no other option is left, because the the backlash of Gear 5 is something that will make Luffy go out of all energy and collapse. Against the birdcage there are still other options left like Fujitora, Zoro or Sabo, but against Kaidou who would be only 1 second away from killing a Strawhat Gear 5 is the only option, do or die.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david5578 View Post
    Already took care of it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When will Luffy get Gear 5th?

Probably at the end and final enemy. Who know we might even not see gear 5.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Tbh, I don't fancy Luffy getting a Gear 5 or more. I think Gear 4 should be the last. He doesn't need to get more, he just needs to improve and strengthen his current ones. Besides, would there even be more ideas for a fifth gear?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShenGao View Post
    Of course there will be a Gear 5. Luffy is about to use his Gear 4 against Doflamingo, someone who would easily be crushed by Kaidou, Shanks or Blackbeard. How should he survive against these 3 with only 4 Gears if he has to already use Gear 4 against Doflamingo?

About when he will use/show it: I think he already learned Gear 5. He trained for 2 years, 1 1/2 was Haki training, so that makes 6 months of Gears training. A much bigger timeframe than when he learned Gear 2 and 3, from the defeat against Aokiji until Enies Lobby, giving him enough time to master Gear 2+3 and learn the new Gears.
    I think Gear 5 is something for a situation where no other option is left, because the the backlash of Gear 5 is something that will make Luffy go out of all energy and collapse. Against the birdcage there are still other options left like Fujitora, Zoro or Sabo, but against Kaidou who would be only 1 second away from killing a Strawhat Gear 5 is the only option, do or die.
    I fail to believe that DD will get crushed by Kaido easily, imo it will be a close match. Your assumption of DD losing to Kaido is when law told DD that DD is scared of Kaido and your conclusion to that statement is Kaido rapes DD (effortlessly)! Why don't you consider some other reason for why he is scared? DD is very strong, near Admiral level and he knows what Admiral level is. He is not scared of Fujotra and Aokiji as we have seen. He is also confident that he can kill fujitora and as I said he knows what an admiral is capable of so he is most likely not bluffing.

We still haven't seen what gear 4 is and you are already assuming that it is weak and not able to keep up with a yonko. What if gear 4 is hella strong? Then there shouldn't be a possibility of gear 5.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShenGao's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barrier View Post
    I fail to believe that DD will get crushed by Kaido easily, imo it will be a close match. Your assumption of DD losing to Kaido is when law told DD that DD is scared of Kaido and your conclusion to that statement is Kaido rapes DD (effortlessly)! Why don't you consider some other reason for why he is scared? DD is very strong, near Admiral level and he knows what Admiral level is. He is not scared of Fujotra and Aokiji as we have seen. He is also confident that he can kill fujitora and as I said he knows what an admiral is capable of so he is most likely not bluffing.

We still haven't seen what gear 4 is and you are already assuming that it is weak and not able to keep up with a yonko. What if gear 4 is hella strong? Then there shouldn't be a possibility of gear 5.
    Emperor level is something you earn yourself if your and the strength of your crew equals that of Whitebeard and his crew, something Blackbeard did by stealing his power and assembling a crew consisting of the most dangerous prisoners of Impel Down. You can't call yourself an Emperor if you don't have this strength, and DD does in no way have such a strength. The fact that his whole crew got annhiliated by the Strawhats and some other pirates which are below the Strawhats in the term of strength and that he got serious wounds from Law is proof of that.

Fujitora is a new Admiral, and he doesn't even take this whole situation serious. Aokiji is the same, he didn't want Smoker to get killed, but he also didn't want to seriously fight DD. Someone like Akainu would have crushed him in a matter of seconds, Akainu fought for some time during Marineford War alone against Whitebeard and after his death he didn't stop form chasing Luffy and attacking the whole Whitebeard Crew, so DD is nowhere near the strength of a true Admiral, someone whos mission is to kill/defeat DD.

Why do i think there will be Gear 5? Easy, Luffy has to use Gear 4 already against someone like DD, someone like I pointed out is not as strong as an Emperor or an Admiral. And do you really think Gear 4 will be enough for the 10+ years of One Piece, that Luffy only needs to train for 2 years and he already can fight Emperors and Admirals? His Gear 4 is something which was developed in 6 months, which makes it even more unrealistic that Luffy is already strong enough to fight these strong enemies, with only 6 months of training.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's fair to undermine Doflamingo or Fujitora in comparison to Aokiji or Akainu. Doflamingo is one of the few characters who didn't receive a single scratch after the battle in Marineford. And it took the combined effort of Luffy and Law to fight him. The defeat of Doflamingo by no means would put Luffy on his level.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShenGao View Post
    Emperor level is something you earn yourself if your and the strength of your crew equals that of Whitebeard and his crew, something Blackbeard did by stealing his power and assembling a crew consisting of the most dangerous prisoners of Impel Down. You can't call yourself an Emperor if you don't have this strength, and DD does in no way have such a strength. The fact that his whole crew got annhiliated by the Strawhats and some other pirates which are below the Strawhats in the term of strength and that he got serious wounds from Law is proof of that.

Fujitora is a new Admiral, and he doesn't even take this whole situation serious. Aokiji is the same, he didn't want Smoker to get killed, but he also didn't want to seriously fight DD. Someone like Akainu would have crushed him in a matter of seconds, Akainu fought for some time during Marineford War alone against Whitebeard and after his death he didn't stop form chasing Luffy and attacking the whole Whitebeard Crew, so DD is nowhere near the strength of a true Admiral, someone whos mission is to kill/defeat DD.

Why do i think there will be Gear 5? Easy, Luffy has to use Gear 4 already against someone like DD, someone like I pointed out is not as strong as an Emperor or an Admiral. And do you really think Gear 4 will be enough for the 10+ years of One Piece, that Luffy only needs to train for 2 years and he already can fight Emperors and Admirals? His Gear 4 is something which was developed in 6 months, which makes it even more unrealistic that Luffy is already strong enough to fight these strong enemies, with only 6 months of training.

First of all, Kaido is not WB level. WB was on a league of his own. Kaido could be seen as a coward as he planned on attacking WB and his crew after WB was tired from battle but BB got the jib done.

You did not read my comment properly (maybe you did), I said that DD will not be defeated easily as you said he would. I never said that DD crew equals Yonko crew. I find DD’s pirates to be exceptionally weak compared to what DD is capable of. But DD is very very strong. As fox666 said he walked out of the marineford war alive and unscathed. What makes you say that Akainu would have finished off DD very easily? If you do have proof then show me and I will believe you.
    Also you underestimate Fujitora on a whole new level. Mate, he is an ADMIRAL! Doesn’t that say everything? He was handpicked by Akainu himself, so surely he can’t be any bad. His fruit another admiral class hax fruit. Also Akainu respects him, we can see that when the news came that DD’s title of shichibukai is still there and Fujitora did not know of that so Akainu apologised.

As i said we do not know what gear 4 is capable of so it's still early to judge. And why does everyone forget how quickly luffy improves? When he went down Impel Down it took luffy+buggy+Mr2+Mr3 to take defeat THE MINOTAURUS. After less than a day later when he climbed back up, he dfeated it with just one punch.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast