Assuming that this is the end to Aizen being the bad guy, does anyone else feel that this was the worst possible ending?
Yourichi & Urahara and several others not going Bankai.
No body really dying.
Nothing really being explained:
Why would Aizen set Ichigo up to be able to defeat him?
Why was there zero attempt to make the infamous kings key?
Why did no one kill Aizen?
Why didn't Inoue heal Yamamoto's arm?
What the hell happened to Yammy?
Why, Why , Why?
The list goes on and on and none of it really makes much sense.
Can any of you guys shed some light on this situation?
I'll shed some light, it's fail ass writing.
Aizen was too powerful so he had to be caged up. And Ichigo wasn't stronger than aizen, urahara was the one who stopped aizen after ichigo wounded him. Yammy was laying with his puppy, most likely died. His arm wasn't healed by inoue because he apperantly wants to be one armed lol. And there was really 0 attempt to make the key because this was another pointless arc to get to know the characters more lol
Yamamoto most likely has too much pride to allow inoue to heal his arm. He's a person thats set in his way's afterall. He was probably like, "This wound is proof of battle, only a wimp would be so concern with one missing arms" or something as the such..
I think because of how he lost his arm in the kidou explosion that same power would be needed to regenerate it or something like that. I remember she had a hard time healing Ichigo when Ulqy messed him up the first time.
1. Aizen didnt set Ichigo up to defeat him...He used him Ichigo because he was a human with innate shinigami powers but his human side could still be manipulated to evolve into a hollow thus making him a real hybrid species, not a vizard ( shini with hollow powers) or an Arrancar ( hollow with shini powers), but a true HYBRID..Both of them, yet none of them at the same time..He thought that him using the Orb to reach the same goal would allow him to surpass Ichigo in his hybrid form but it turns out that Natural born hybrids > Artifical ones..You cant blame Aizen really..Its classic villain miscalculation, ALL VILLAINS do it. Plus he didnt know about the FGT.
2. Aizen was gonna make the key then Gin ripped a hole in his chest. Then ichigo came. Remember???
3. The Hougyoku while not helping him evolve and giving him power anymore, is embedded within Aizen and cannot be removed. It also cannot be destroyed, so as long as it is a part of Aizen, he as a by product cannot be destroyed, hence making him immortal. Well thats what i got from the whole " Just cause your immortal " thing
4. As the person above stated, Yama-jii probably wants to leave his arm like that as a memento of war and a reminder of his own inefficiency as CC. He is a proud man and wouldnt accept help from Inoue a mere human.
5. We saw Yammy lying with lifeless eyes while his puppy was staring at him. I think its safe to assume he's dead.
IMO they were pretty well defined except for the real reason as to why Aizen helped Ichigo...I put my hypothesis but i could be wrong... Everything else is pretty straight forward IMO though.
- Kubo is saving all those Ban Kais for later. Even Aizen's I think. But its crap. The entire FKT scene was one massive plotkai. He turned everyone into an idiot in front of Aizen just so he could force Ichigo and him together. In the end every single character there got trolled, including Aizen and Ichigo!
- Nobody good dying. Well despite this being poor, I'm not upset about it. The reason is because thats a strong pattern Kubo established years ago. So I dunno why anybody would be shocked or angered at...the obvious happening. It was really funny seeing the massive outrage on other forums. Why in the world would you expect something that has never happened before (except Kaien which was a special plot device) to happen all of a sudden? There should never have been any doubt that the people "taken down" would live.
It makes sense anyway because SS side has healers. Arrancar side didn't have a single one. How are they gonna survive when they get stomped and no one is there to fix them? Bottom line is no one should expect good guys to die until after, you know, Kubo actually does it. -_-
- As mentioned, Aizen didn't set up Ichigo to defeat him. He set up Ichigo to get a beatdown but it backfired. He wanted to test out his (failed) transcendent powers on somebody and even said as much. Also, lmao at people who think Aizen was stronger than Ichigo. I suppose thats why he got dominated from start to finish? Say no to drugs people.
- There was zero (or rather, a pathetic, comical and plotkai filled) attempt at the Key because Kubo couldn't kill Ichigo's friends. Its funny cause at one stage in the arc I actually did think he would let Aizen destroy KT and shock all the readers - as long as there weren't important characters there. He actually doesn't have a problem dispatching nameless fodder, as we saw with random Shinigami and Yammy's victims when he first appeared. He could have sheltered the Nakama from death by leaving them at Urahara's underground facility. But alas, he put them in the line of fire, which was the last nail in Aizen's coffin. It was amazing how people thought Aizen could still win at that point, when there was only one possible outcome given Kubo's track record.
- Aizen cannot be killed as long as he is fused with the Hogyoku. Thats why he wasn't murdered by FGT and Urahara planned ahead with his Kidou. Not sure what has people confused about this: Powerlevel wise, Ichigo was far above him, but it wasn't any use cause you can't get rid of him. I still wonder if a Yama Ban Kai could vaporize him and separate the Hogyoku but the manga isn't ready for that apparently. Also puzzled as to why a sentient rock thats supposedly abandoned its master didn't just pluck itself out of his chest and fly off somewhere. Stranger things have happened in BLEACH.
- Its obvious that Yamamoto doesn't want his damn arm healed. I don't get the confusion over this one either. Look at all his scars. He keeps them as a reminder of his battles/failures. The man is hardcore.
- I would not be shocked if we saw Yammy again, even if he did die, which to me is still in doubt anyway. We had similar "death scenes" before then it turned out the person was alive. Granted he's a villain and that logic doesn't work for them, but there's something that makes me skeptical. The last chapter of the Arrancar Arc highlighted Mayuri and his experiments in HM. Kubo said ages ago that the Arrancar corpses he found will be very important to the plot, and going by that chapter he didn't forget. Mayuri also said he was going to collect the fallen warriors in FKT so he must have his hands on Starrk and Hallibel too. I think either those guys aren't dead, or they are and he's gonna use some science hax to bring them back to life, and stronger than before. I'm expecting a Dr. Gero deal here with massive upgrades (when you think about it, Nemu is like a cyborg anyway). Same thing goes for the ones that are alive for sure like Nel and Grimmjow.
Last edited by Xerneas; November 16, 2010 at 09:34 PM.
Well, all those characters not using bankai only means they will have a role in the future. That in itself is not a bad thing. I do think ichigo was enormously stronger than aizen though, what I disliked about the fight was that ichigo used FGT even though he was pawning aizen without it. I think he did it to become normal rather than to actually defeat aizen.
Also FGT was needed for 2 reason (one of them):
1- It was needed because Ichi had to weaken Aizen so the seas activates and nothing other but that could do it.
2-So Ichigo would become powerfull enough so Aizen had a dude on his level and gave up his power (as Ichigo put it).
Oh end this is ignoring the fact that Kubo needed to depower Ichi somehow, he was to godlike.
The only thing i find stupid is the commander not whanting Orihime to fix his arm. Scars are one thing but disability is a completly other thing and he was the commander FFS. Yes he is a proud man but he was also inteligent and there is no point in feeling shame for getting healed by someone, they do it all the time in SS. Also the "humans" proved themself over and over by now so its no shame there.
Why nobody dies ? Simple its a nice manga so .. yeah. Look at Naruto, its about the same thing. But yeah Naruto does have some deaths.
Also perhaps Aizen set it up so he would have a equal in Ichi? But i think we are looking in this more then Kubo lol.
You really need to read over this fight man. Aizen wasn't evolving any further, the narrative even said so. His abomination form was his final stage and he was still being outclassed by NORMAL ICHIGO. Look back at how easily his attacks got brushed off. Aizen's problem is that he forgot his own words: The Hogyoku doesn't perform miracles, it can only bring out one's hidden potential. He overestimated his own talent.Quote:
Ichigo used FGT cause he was tired of Aizen (again, this was stated). He didn't want to hear Aizen blabbing nonsense anymore. When Aizen thought he "won" he was delusional. Read it again. He thought he was evolving but it was actually the Hogyoku taking away all his new powers AND the old ones too. If Urahara didn't have that Kidou he still wouldn't have won cause he didn't have any strength left. It would have been a stalemate (only because he can't die otherwise Ichigo would win). He would just slink off somewhere I suppose.
Well you have to understand the era he is from and what he is. The leader of an ancient military institution. He got outsmarted, lost his arm and failed his mission. A young rookie boy had to clean up his mess. Can you imagine the EXTREME disgrace he must have felt? I'm surprised he didn't punish himself further but losing an arm is enough I guess. It doesn't matter cause he's still the strongest Shinigami in the last 1000 years and whoever faces him next is gonna get their ass kicked. I can't wait for that cause its high time Kubo stopped nerfing him with plotkai and gave him a real fight.Quote:
Worst possible ending is having Aizen say "This was all part of my plan"... again...
Please, let Aizen where he is, and move on with another plot...
Ichigo barely fought with aizen at all. The only time he actually attacked aizen was when he slashed him but other than that the fight was hopelessly one sided. After aizen's huge blast did nothing to ichigo considering he blocked with his arm. Had he actually blocked the attack with his sword then I don't think ichigo would have been affected at all. I don't think ichigo was actually pressured in any way into using the final getsuga tensho.
Aizen was so outclassed by ichigo that ichigo used FGT just for a laugh. Aizen was de evolved after i dont get what people dont get his powers where been removed even tho aizen thort he was getting a mugestu upgrade he wasent
Yamma used a forbidden kido it used his arm so yea im guessing some kido blah blah means it cant be healed even by orhimime plus he would still own Aizen with one hand .
if you thort Yammi would win against kenpachi (eyepatch) and byakuya you gota be joking..they both toying with yammi he had no chance. plus he was the dumbest dullest espada.
Yeah Urahara put that kido in, but if Ichigo didn't own Aizen bad enough for the Hogyoku to leave him, it wouldn't have activated. It was Ichigo's and Uraharas win.
I have no idea why Kubo did leave so many questions open.....I guess it's going to come back in future arcs and be explained. The unshown Bankai's are to keep other fights between characters interesting, that's all i know. Having all those captains use them in the same spot while fighting Aizen might've caused them to end up hurting each other or interfering with each other....or maybe they just underestimated him.
While everyone here makes good points I personally:
Would have preferred it if everything remained the same except Ichigo transformed into the Full Horned Hollow. Then they fight n clash and Aizen manages to take Ichigo down only for him to THEN use his Final getsuga tenshou. So basically the same exact thing only instead of Boss bankai ichigo we see boss Full Horned Hollow.