Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best in Fairy Tail Awards.
Translations: One Piece 784 by cnet128 , Bleach 624 by cnet128 , Gintama 539 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop Movie

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboy Bebop Movie

Ok, some time ago I found about this movie and thought it was an interesting idea. The original anime is outright epic, even considered one of the very best of all time. I also read somewhere that the actual author of the anime will take active part in the fliming of the movie. Keanu Reeves has been casted for spike. Dunno for faye the other guy though.

Normally live action films don't work all that well but if we consider the setting, plot and developments shown in the anime, something like this is very doable. I think this film could actually be very good. This is a film that should not end up liek dragon ball...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cowboy Bebop Movie

i read this article in ment be out sometime in a 1-2 year time frame... Cowboy i love and i can see it working..plus Keanu would do a good Spike i read he went all the way to japan just to talk to the author to get the part and he knows alot about Cobowy Bebop which is good.

i have high hopes for it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboy Bebop is my favorite anime of all time. Not just favorite anime, actually. I like it more than all my favorite movies and live-action series as well. So naturally when I heard about this the first time, I hated it. Mostly because live-action adaptions of manga and anime are in 90% of the cases prett~~y damn bad. When Keanu Reeves was signed as Spike, I hated it even more, because I don't think I've ever seen him play such an easygoing character and overall he's really a hit and miss-actor.

Recently, however, I've started to think I'm gonna give this movie a fair chance. I was really set at ease when I read that Shinichiro Watanabe himself, along with the president of Sunrise, Kenji Uchida, and series writer Keiko Nobumoto will be involved as producers. This along with the fact that Sunrise has said that they will not give the movie an OK if the script is bad should at least guarantee that it will not be a Dragonball Evolution-like catastrophe.

A little edit:
    I'll just say this, though... Unless Yoko Kanno is composing the music, no matter how good they recreate the surroundings and scenery of the series, they will not even come close to recreating the whole atmosphere. No chance. And this is also the main reason I'm still really sceptic against this movie; they haven't said a word about the soundtrack. I mean, the series soundtrack is one of the best ever made, and Watanabe practically built the series around it, so they shouldn't just let that be low priority. I'm not saying I'm expecting Kanno or The Seatbelts for the soundtrack, but I will curse them forever if they don't pick respectable music for the movie.

(But since Watanabe is producing, I've convinced myself they will. There's no way he'd let them put in a crap soundtrack... there's just no way. I hope.)
    Last edited by Organizized; July 29, 2010 at 02:27 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the impression reeves would be a good spike. Perhaps the easy going side of spike might not be quite there but other aspects of his personality will be quite easy for him to recreate... just a thought.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. Basically every movie I've seen him in, Keanu Reeves has played a serious, sorta anxious-y character, and he's good at that. And that's really what Spike is on the inside, as well. If Keanu can act out the seriousness but still put on an easygoing face like Spike does, chances are good that he's gonna make a great performance. And considering he's so much of a fan of the anime and wanted the role so badly he ended up being the one to actually seal the deal for the movie being done, I'm not gonna give up hope.

Granted, I dislike live-action adaptations of anime, and I don't want to see my favorite of all time be butchered, but this one actually has stuff going for it. On paper, at least.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i love bebop but out of all animes it is prob the easiest to make into Live action as it is not that over the top.

if you look at kenau in a suit he looks chilled out like spike ..the prob i find would be for the rest of the cast espically my first anime girl love Faye she would have to be perfect or i wont be happy

im sure i read that the seatbelts are ment to be doing the ost cant member where there..it ment to have all the anime staff working on this.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Faye is a hard one lol.... megan fox perhaps? I'd love to see her in that yellow outfit(and rip it off her with my teeth but that is besides the point).... But seriously, who'd be a good faye? I hope it won't be some asian girl, I don't think that'd work very well. As for yet... who knows but it should not be too hard to find a muscular 40/50 year old dude right? Just not schartzenneger lol. I'd love to see who'd be ed (or if ed would appear at all). Perhaps they'd avoid ed, such a character can be seen as unrelatable (seriously, a genius hacker with that much flexibility and weirdness?) which for some reasons the masses tend to dislike (I for one don't get it).

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Megan Fox is one of the worst actresses of our time. While good looks is indeed needed to pull off a good Faye, I don't think she would be a good choice.

As for Jet, I dunno. Someone mentioned Vin Diesel as an alternative for him, but I've got the same problem with him as with Megan Fox; while his physics and looks would fit the character very well, his acting would probably destroy the character. Another choice could be Bruce Willis but he's a bit old and not quite as muscular anymore.

Julia should probably be in the movie, right? Any ideas for who's going to play her?

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i would think that scarlett johanson be a good faye ...she is hot ,can act, and Faye is kinda like the character she played in Iron Man 2

hmm jet i think...........dunno i cant think of a solid person to play jet.. i think Bruce willis could pull it off...

i be more intrested in Vicious that be hard to connect a character with

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the bad guy from iron man two? He'd be a solid jet IMO.

I mentioned megan for mostly as a joke lol(that is why my next sentense started with "but seriously...). She'd be a tad young for the part considering she'd be alongside reeves. Not sure about johansen for faye. She can certainly act the part but not sure her looks would fit faye. On a side note, faye is nothing like the character she played in iron man two lol. Bruce willis would be close but I don't think he'd be quite there.... dunno, I don't like him for jet. Jet has to be someone who'd look cool with an iron arm and kinda looks like crap and filthy but not actually look (sort of as naturally looking like someone just beat the shit out of you) like crap or be filthy. Thats why I lean towards the bad guy in iron man two lol.

On a side note, I want to see megan fox and johansen with fayes outfit lol.
    Last edited by kkck; July 30, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i find that they quite simialr used her looks to catch Stark of guard n spy on him that way...Faye uses her looks but normally messes up but she is a better con man then spike n jet. ahh Faye was my first love

acutally yea can see micky rouke as Jet now you mentioned that stuff.

as for Ed i wonder would be included Ed was included late in the season so maybe might not include Ed yet.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they might be wise to avoid ed in the movie. Ed performs a number of stunts and whatnot which is outright too unrealistic for a LAM. I'd rather not see ed at all than see an americanized ed. Ed falls into the category of unrelatable characters since he is a genius gymnist of sorts.... What happens to unrelatable characters? They are changed so that they are relatable in some form (hence americanized).
    Last edited by kkck; July 30, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Mickey Rourke would be cool for the part, yeah. Haven't seen Iron Man 2, but he's buff as hell in The Wrestler and he's an awesome actor as well. The question is, would he shave off his hair?

Scarlett is a better choice for Faye, but I agree with kkck that her looks wouldn't really fit the character.

As for Ed.... yeah, as much as I love the character, it's probably for the best to leave her out. I don't think anyone could pull off a character like that in a good way.

I guess to make the movie interesting, they plot is going to include Spike's past with the Red Dragon Syndicate and thus the main villain is going to Vicious, naturally. For him, they need someone who just constantly oozes of evil. I don't know who could pull him off. Gary Oldman is good at playing evil, but he might be a bit too old.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If vicious appears, he has to be about as old as reeves.... We need someone who looks evil and is young.... hard to come by that stuff.

Still haven't thought of anyone who'd be a cool faye..... she'd have to be bitchy, cool and very hot... can't imagine who'd work for that part...
    Last edited by kkck; August 08, 2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

was watching inception and i thort the guy who places arthur -Joseph Gordon-Levitt would make a good vicious...think he could pull it off easy.

faye damn hard think of someone who suit the role perfect but knowing film companys it be someone popular to get money..prob eva mendes or angelina jolie

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast